Tom Kenny Returning For Transformers: Dark Of The Moon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 12, 2011.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  2. mariobros27772

mariobros27772 Well-Known Member

kenny was starscream and clones in animated too

3. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

:D  hope skids and mudflap are coming back (what makes them racist anyway?)

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Excellent. Kind of a no brainer though :) 

5. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Thanks! I almost forgot Tom Kenny was involved with TFA. :) 

6. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Skids and Wheelie are BACK, baby!

7. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why can twins talk like Bumbler? That means not at all.

8. X-Brawn

X-Brawn Well-Known Member

I didn't find the Twins racist, but I did find them stupid and annoying, as well as stealing screentime that could have had much better Autobots in it.

Remember Ironhide, Ratchet, Sideswipe, Arcee and Jolt from Revenge of the Fallen? Did they get to say or do anything important or even plot-relevant? No, but we sure got to see Jar-Jar x2 a lot...

I hope the only appearances of the Twins and Leg-HumperBot are to be killed brutally on-screen. Of course, I'm willing to bet that much more annoying characters will be introduced in DOTM that will make me think "Y'know, the Twins weren't THIS bad..."

Can we at least have Uncle Phil-bot do a Shredder impression? Or toss one of the Twins out the door like DJ Jazzy Jeff?

Sigh... I'll see the movie because I'm a Transformers fan, but I'm pretty sure I'll hate it.

And just think, we're missing out on Season 4 of Transformers Animated for THIS (possibly and/or partially).

9. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

We know Skids is back, because the new Twin cars had been seen on set, filmed in scenes. But did we ever get any news that Wheelie would be back? I'm assuming no.

10. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    While I agree that the other bots could have gotten more screen time (The script's at fault on that) I still think it's hilarious how people keep insisting that the Twins stole all the screen time when they didn't get much. Bumblebee and Optimus got the most.

*sigh*.....the typical "If they do show up I hope they get a really brutal death scene so I can be happy!" response....

Then why force yourself to see it? I'm a Transformers fan but that doesn't mean I have to watch everything or buy everything. I loved Animated, but I didn't buy the toys. If I didn't like the movies, why would I go see them. If you don't like it, don't go. Don't come up with an excuse like "Well I'm a transformers fan" to justify something you don't like.

If you think Animated was cancelled because of the movies then you're really out of touch.

11. Keroshino

Keroshino OOGA, OOGA, OOGA-CHAKA!!!

News Credits:
    and i couldn't be happier. (i have tried :D )
    Twins FTW

12. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    It's nice to get some confirmation on the voice cast/casting of the robots. Tom Kenny was awesome as any Transformers-related role. Nelson confirmed that Wheelie would return, right? And it's pretty obvious that Skids (and Mudflap would return). Despite those above-mentioned characters..."memorable" moments on screen, I didn't mind them that much. :)  The Twins and Wheelie were a nice contrast to the "super elite squad of awesome sports cars and giant trucks" that the Autobots appeared to consist of, and prove that not everyone can be a fantastic and perfect soldier. It was great to see robot screentime, even if it may not have been for [insert favourite character here]. :D  Considering that all three characters got ~30 lines of dialogue each and roughly 3 minutes of screentime (for Wheelie, and 6 minutes for The Twins as a whole), I think that some others should get some lovin' too. If they can be toned down a little, and their screentime diminished slightly so that others like Ironhide and Ratchet can get their moment to shine, I'll be happy.

13. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    Well, If there is one thing I like, it's consistency. I am excited to hear of Kenny's return. Out of the two characters, I liked Wheelie the best. In fact, I thought he was one of the highlights of the movie, to be honest (leg humping notwithstanding). I thought he was great.

And I agree, I do not believe we have had confirmation of Wheelie's return. I could be wrong, but I cannot recall anything at this time.

NELSON, if you're still reading these boards as regularly as you once were, could you confirm if Wheelie will be returning for Dark of the Moon? We'd be much obliged.

14. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    hes got such a awsoem voice! i wouldnt be suprsied if hes gonna do some other bots as well!
    Tom Kenny FTW!

15. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Many people identified them as being modern day Minstrel characters. And I was originally one who didn't believe it. But after you do the research it's hard to deny the connection. :/

16. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I hope wheelie is back. But I not the twins

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I thought Micheal Bay hinted in Wheelie's return, he said if he isn't appearing in the films he might be at the end credits or some crap like that.

I do like Tom Kenny he's a fantastic voice actor, I hope he voices a new charecter as well.

18. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Or wannabe street kids. Every wannabe chav/ghetto punk whether black, white, red or yellow talks as much nonsense as Skids and Mudflap ever did.

I loves me some Tom Kenny :D 

19. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Yeah, that was originally my justification as well. But apparently that's not really much better, if not just as bad. :redface2: 

20. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Dis is whats called blendin in like a ninja."

Welcome back Tom.