Tom Hardy's Bane vs. Heath Ledger's Joker: Who's Better?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Haloid1177, Jul 23, 2012.

?

Joker or Bane?

1. Heath Ledger's Joker

74.7%
  2. Tom Hardy's Bane

25.3%
  1. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    Pretty much agree with this, I watched the Dark Knight yesterday before I saw TDKR, and I just loved Hardy's performance so much more than Ledger as the Joker, although It was pretty hard to choose, they were both incredible

2. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

Na, the joker's plan going into rises left a scar on the city that took years to recover, Bane's plan mentally did not leave any long term damage that the Joker's plan left. Seeing Bruce isolated in his mansion that he stopped being Batman, but Bruce did not move on and be his own person, seeing Bruce lose his true love, it shows what the demonic clown did to the key players who know about Dent, and how Rachels death left such a path of destruction, that it started domino's effect for Gordon Dent and Bruce, that not even they could control. But seeing Gotham losing their leader in dent, seeing Gordon carry this guilt for nearly a decade. I think the Joker's plan was more damaging long term than Bane's plan. And compare the 2 endings of TDK and rises , they are very different indeed, TDK was a tragic film for the key PPL involved. So in the end, the Joker's plan was just so devastating in terms of the aftermath. Physical scars can be healed, mental scars are a complete different animal altogether. That the joker's plan, set the seed for Bane to turn the city into a criminal playground, where anything goes

3. dkr7

dkr7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Joker.

All tho for an agent of chaos and dog chasing cars he seemed to have a lot of plans. Like the robbery (lot of planning put into that. Taking out the helicopter and planning to be caught. Setting bombs on the ferries etc.) Great fun to watch tho.

4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    This totally

5. OPTIMUS GEOFF

OPTIMUS GEOFF Well-Known Member

Bane. Joker was something special, but my jaw was dropped while watching every one of Bane's scenes. You could argue that Ledger brought more to the performance, but he wasn't wearing a mask and you could see all of his facial expressions. Hardy's eyes and charisma were unbelievable, not to mention the voice! (I had no problem understanding him)

6. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    Joker.

But Bane's coat? Win.

7. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

Bane isn't even in the same league as Ledger's Joker....not even close.

Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker is one of the greatest acting performances that I've ever seen.He didn't just play the part of the Joker...he actually became the Joker.

Bane is just way over-rated.

8. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I like both for different reasons, but Heath's Joker easily wins this for me. It's really apples and oranges, but if you were to compare Ledger's Joker to Hardy's Bronson, THAT would be tough.

9. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

Joker definitely. He was just more mental, unpredictable, epic...and his lines are still memorable :) 

You know where Harvey is? You know who he is? You know where I can find Harvey? I need to talk to him about something. Just something, a little. :D 

Bane is a badass, no doubt and he did manage to break Batman, but Joker managed to turn Harvey Dent into a villain and turn Gotham against Batman.

10. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yes, but Bane broke Batman physically and mentally, to the point where Batman was going to break his one rule and KILL Bane in the final battle, something that even the Joker couldn't manage to do.

11. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    As a character joker was more entertaining I guess...But I like bane more , he was just threatning as hell lol

12. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

While I adore this version of Joker... Bane brought Gotham to its knees for months, almost killed Batman, broke a shitload of necks and bones, had a badass voice, people were terrified of him, and he broke apart a stone pillar with just his fist. Bane gets my vote.

13. toaster

toaster It's Hip to be Square !

You make me choose. Why ?

14. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Joker scares me.

Bane is just a walking tank.