Tom DeSanto video interview

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nevermore, May 4, 2006.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  2. Armada_MK

Armada_MK Emissary of Primus

News Credits:
    Wow!! Tom is the man!!!

3. optimus1

optimus1 Well-Known Member

Sure is if he can get Cullen and Welker this will quieten down the fans a bit

4. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    Tom is my biggest hope for this movie, has been since the beginning!!!

5. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Two of the three producers and both writers supporting Peter & Frank and Michael's giving them a test. I refuse to be happy about this until it's official. I'm too afraid of being let down. But I am overjoyed that Tom grasps that it was those two that made fans care about the characvters in ways that the new actors have failed to do.

6. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

My 2 cents

Nice guy,carries himself very well.I could probably have decent small talk with him just reminicing

DeSanto's the Exec producer of X-Men and X2 correct?He handled those 2 movies pretty well.Wasn't like the X comics or X-Men:TAS but very enjoyable movies none the less

Taking that into consideration,I think that if he handled the X movies well.He'll handle this movie well also

And if he wants Cullen and Welker to voice the characters,then more power to him :) 

Don't agree with his opinion,but I respect how he expressed it.He expressed it calmly and rationally which is ALWAYS a good thing

I just want a good movie,not an oscar winner but something that won't leave me groaning like "White Chicks"

*Hint to Brian Savage and the Council.Get DeSanto as a guest for BotCon*:D 

7. Dio

Dio Scrapper

I agree with Shaun C... BotCon needs at least one person who's actively involved in the production of the movie on-hand to give us some info, considering it's going to be the next major event for the franchise after this year's convention. I know I'd be there to see it :thumb 

8. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

DeSanto seems like a good guy.

Hrm. Its weird imdb doesn't even have Don Murphy for Transformers.

9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    For whatever reason, they list one guy twice instead. Seems like an error.

10. Taka-Tahu-Nuva

Taka-Tahu-Nuva Optimus who?

OMG, Tom DeSanto's working on a My Little Pony movie! My dream's coming true!

But seriously, nice to know he supports Cullen and Welker.

11. Jasonnin

Jasonnin Well-Known Member

Cullen and Welker! :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock  :rock 

12. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Man, he really is getting no love. I checked over at Wikipedia and they didn't have him listed either, but I fixed it over there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_(2007_film) If there is anymore information about this film that we have currently I suggest it gets added to the wikipedia so that we can an on going account of all the information and progression of this movie.

13. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Right!
    We got to keep it low and wait to an official annoucment.

14. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    The movie start shooting in 3 weeks?!?!?!?!? Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!!!!!!!!! :rock 

15. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

16. Shaun_C

Why do you say that SB?:confused: 

If you're refering to his comment on being for Cullen and Welker being the voices.It's just his personal opinion & he is at least part producer :) 

I don't think they're right for the part,but doesn't mean I'll be mad if they do.As I'd simply enjoy this movie like any other movie I go see

17. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Wait a minute! Megan Fox, Rachael Taylor and Optimus and Megatron in thongs! Wonder what the rating will be. :D 

It's cool that those fans who want Cullen and Welker have now the public support from two of the producers, as well as the "promise" from the director that they will be given the chance during the casting.

I don't care either way if the original VA's are used (to me, OP and Megs speak in spanish... that's how I watched G1), but it's cool to know the producers are doing everything in their power to give in to something that seems to be actively requested by a large part of the fandom.

P.S.: I agree! One of the producers has to go to the convention this year; and on 2007, FP should have Megan Fox as a guest. :p 

-airfox

18. Silver Bullit

Silver Bullit Banned

Don't get me wrong- I'm happy to hear this as well.
    But recently I was over at the Allspark and got into a rather heated discussion over the issue. Actually, I got into one here as well.

Long story short: the anti-"GEEWUNners" rebuke and demonize the "GEEWUNners" because they want the movie their way- to reflect G1. But on that same token, when the producer up in Toronto said that Bumblebee will always be a bug, and declared the original TF sound FX, the anti-GEEWUNners got all ticked off because...

>drumroll, please....<

...because it didn't sound like the movie was different enough from G1 (I.E.- their way).

SB

19. Shaun_C

Can you provide a link to that thread?I'd like to read it just for kicks :) 

In regards to the "my way" issue,personally if the movie's on par with Batman Begins or the X-Men/Spiderman movies.Then I'll be happy since those movies were accurate enough yet fresh at the same time

*EDIT*
    I mean the thread on Allspark,I assumed you used the same name there.But there's no member with your screen name

20. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    If it's on par with X-Men, Spider-man or Spider-man 2, I'll be happy.

If it's on par with Batman Begins or X2 I'll be <b>*SUPER*</B> happy, as those two were near perfect addaptations.

-airfox