Tom DeSanto on Transformers 2: Bring on the Dinobots!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Sol Fury, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Me, Grimlock, like Tom DeSanto!

2. DEATH OF PRIME

DEATH OF PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WHAT IF THE DINOBOTS COULD COMBINE LIKE THE DEVASTATOR MODE THIS HAS BEEN IN FAN ART FOR YEARS MAYBE NOW'S THE TIME IT HAPPENS.

3. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

I like the idea of the construticons coming to earth to back up Megatron and Prime un able to to get reenforcements so he has to search earth for the frozen dinobots who refuse to get new alt modes.

4. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    See this is why I'm torn. On the one hand I want the movie to suceed and get sequals and get my favorite TF (Mixmaster) on screen. but I just hate Bay for the "I know the franchise better than you" attitude of all hollywood types. I feel like Don did so much outreaching to the fans, and Bay came in spit in our eyes and then claimed to be open and listening to fans in every interview.

5. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the Dinobots, but I'm kinda worried how they could pull it off and not have it be rediclous. The Constructicons would be easy to do, as individuals, but I dunno how to make Devastator not look silly? Perhaps they could climb on top of each other, then form their individual parts.

Regardless, we have to have a successful movie before we start talking about a sequel.

6. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, he did go to hasbros transformer boot camp, so he kind of does.

jk :p 

7. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I would love the dinobots!!! ZING! I hope they don't make them too freaky looking!!

8. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can only imagine how bad these would look. I'd rather them leave the Dinobots alone unless they plan to redo the general look of the TF's or make the Dinobots exceptions.

9. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I would love to see the Dinobots and devistator in the sequal and there will be a sequal they have already resigned Megan Fox

10. RRavage

RRavage MMC follower......

News Credits:
    We seem to be forgetting of the Dinobots Cybertronian forms in the DW comics....the Lightning Strike Coalition

11. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Bring on those Dinobots! If DeSanto decides to do it, they should crashland in a museum, scan for dino modes, and take on the dino modes. Over time, their animal instincts take over, making them go insane. :D 

12. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hrmm, an intereesting development indeed.....

I don't suspect, if this comes to fruition, that we'll every single Dinbot and Constructicon - no, I would say perhaps three of each side, say maybe Grimlock, Slag and Swoop for Dinobots and Scrapper, Scavenger and Long Haul for the Constructicons, having and additional 6 Decepticons PLUS a possible Devasatator would be pretty unlikely, not to mention there's probably more fan outcry for your Autobot cars (Prowl, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, Tracks) and Shockwave/Soundwave.

Can't say it wouldn't be awesome to see Devastator, doubt he'd be green though, not many green construction vehicles around.

13. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I think the constructicons will arrive first, cause lots of trouble to the point where all is lost and the dinobots will be summoned half way through the movie of TF2

14. DeceptiKreep

DeceptiKreep Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This would be awesome! And very interesting to see them included somehow

15. Jay

Jay Member

My theory

The Dinobots land in protoform as per usual in the movies, but crash near a muesum. They enter and scan dinosaurs bones/ models thinking that they still roam the world and wouldn't make them stand out too much (Even though they are metalic...).

The Constructicons are a different story though...the only way to avoid them being stupidly big when they combine would be to only have about three of them..

16. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel exactly the opposite. A tank that turned into a dinosaur would rock my movie-lovin' world. I mean, why does Grimlock need (or want) to bother with a humanoid mode? He should go for maximum ass-kicking ability in both modes!

And I'll go you one more "travesty" and say that I'd rather they didn't turn into specific dinosaurs, either...just dinosaurish creatures. The idea being that their robot mode has always been that way, and so the filmmakers don't need to force into the plot a contrived reason for Grimlock to want to "scan" extinct Earth animals.

But I would like for him to talk and have a personality, and that the personality matched who we know Grimlock to be...you know, minus anything he did in season 3, ever. Like that bow tie and apron. Eeesh.

17. Nemesis Primal

Nemesis Primal Member

Too bad the movie wont make enough money to make a sequel, when ever they hype up a movie to this extent that usually means its not great, but dont flame me maybe im wrong.........but from what seen it doesnt look that great to me.

18. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    You, kind sir are entitled to your opinion. However, I implore you to just try out the movie. Who knows? It might be just the TF movie we all been clamouring for?

Peace!

19. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where is the dinosaur on the sector 7 website?

20. panda

panda Well-Known Member

the dinobots on the big screen would be cool then all they would need is devastator to battle them now that would be a cool trailer to see little own the movie