Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X or Heroes Over Europe?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by VaderPrime1, Feb 20, 2009.

1. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I have been looking at some new flying games coming out for the PS3 and Xbox 360 and they are Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X and Heroes Over Europe. I am planning on getting both of them when they come out, but I was wondering: 1) Who else is planning on getting them?
    2) What you think about them?
    3) If you are gonna wait and rent them first?

I think Heroes Over Europe will be the better of the two only because I'm drawn to the WWII style of dogfighting (machineguns only). The dammage graphics are gonna be very good and teh AI is supposed to be almost human-like in terms of maneuvering/smarts.

What do you think?

2. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I'm defently gonna be getting HAWX for the 360. Been pretty excited for this for that one. HAWX is not a simulator though and does some strange stuff at first. Not a lot of guys like the way the "assistance off" camera is handle, but what assistance off allows you do is some really insane maneuvers in your fighter jet. When you fly your plane with assistance off, it's like of like trying to control a remote controlled airplane.

I don't know anything about Heros over Europe though. Is it for the Xbox 360 and most importantly, is the P-38 Lighting avilable? :) 

3. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yes, H.A.W.X is not much of a simulator I have to admit, but it'll be fun. Heroes Over Europe IS a simulator though, and it was said that it will have over 30 WWII planes (Axis and Allies), so I would hope it has the P-38 Lightning in it. (it IS a very popular plane) Yes, it will be for the 360!

4. VaderPrime1

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Heroes Over Europe Info.

From IGN.com,

"The sequel to the mighty World War II flight combat game Heroes of the Pacific, Heroes over Europe takes aspiring combat pilots into the bullet-ridden heart of major World War II European air battles in glorious, dogfight-friendly high definition. Heroes over Europe follows the Allied campaign from the attacks on London to the destruction of Berlin, with players under orders to strap themselves into the authentically rendered cockpits of the campaign’s iconic aircraft. Their mission: to survive the most intense dogfights ever seen in a flight combat game."

Another cool feature that I am liking is the ability to achieve the dogfight's version of a head shot; you can SHOOT THE PILOT for a one-shot-kill (offline and online)!!!!!!!!!

Here's a link to the IGN page so you can take a look at the screenshots: (it won't let me post them)

IGN: Heroes Over Europe

Here's the trailer:

IGN Video: Heroes Over Europe PlayStation 3 Trailer - Beyond Trailer

I'm gonna love this game!

5. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Ewwww, that's nasty! Just one more thing you have to be carful of when your in combat, that's intense. :D