Tom Clancy's End War

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Weirdwolf, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

I didn't want to resurrect a dead thread, so I'll start this one.

I was looking at End War tonight in the video game case and was considering it, but I was wondering if anyone here has got to play the full game yet, and if so is it any good?

2. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I think you would have been better off sending Digital Fulcrum a PM :lol 

3. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Taadaa!!! I've been renting Endwar for about a week now. Think of it as a real-time-strategy version of Advanced Wars with a bit of a Paper-rock-scissors mind set , Tanks kill Transports, Transports kill Gunships, Gunships kill tanks. Then you have artillery good vs infantry, riflemen good vs engineers, etc...

The voice commands work great. Had a few times that made me go "wtf" because the AI wouldnt follow my commands, had a few gunships die on me when I ordered "Unit 5, retreat!" they'd say "Sorry sir not possible." while transports tore them apart. Overall though, the voice commanding works really well. I can play the entire game with the Right Trigger (active voice mode), and the right thumb stick for camera.

In the World War 3 campaign, you units gain experience and you can buy upgrades, but BEWARE!!! If your units get too damaged where they cant fight anymore, they'll need to be extracted, and thats when they're at the enemy's mercy. Be sure to cover them because if they die, well... they're dead and all the experience is gone.

I've played the game on Normal and Expert, Normal is way too easy for me and Expert (2nd hardest, the middle one) puts the pressure on.

At first looks the 3 factions, USA, Russia, and Europe don't seem that different, but on the field is when they show some difference. USA is balanced, Russia is firepower and Europe is speed. The upgrades also show the uniqueness between the factions. Like USA riflemen have more abilities than Russia, like having "active camo" and upgraded sniper rifles.

4. Weirdwolf

Sounds cool, I may have to try it out sometime.

5. Weirdwolf

Well as you know, Digital, I picked up Endwar tonight and I must say that my initial impression of this game is extremely awesome. I completed the first mission (simple as it was) and loved the interface of it. I can see where it may get confusing, but once I learn the game I can also see how it can be very fun.

I take it that it's not necessarily a button-masher type game, you can control most of it with voice? If so, that's really cool.

6. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

You can go mostly all voice, all you need from the controll is the right trigger and the right thumb stick.