Told ya so

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ace Convoy, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Wow I'm the total opposite, since I use my phone in place of an alarm clock, it is always turned on. I rarely get phone calls on it past 9:00pm anyway so it isn't an issue. I also have a second mobile phone, which so far, only three people have the phone number to. If I want to be on my own, I take that phone with me.

2. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure it can. I've been texting for over a decade, and that phone was bottom of the line entry level stuff.

I personally prefer to be texted than to receive phone calls. I can tell at a glance whether it's something important or not.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    The whole texting thing really amazes me, I'm like a curmudgeon when it comes to stuff like that. I've sent 2 text messages and recieved 3 in the last two years.

I saw an article not that long ago that the average teenage girl gets something like 215 texts a day.

4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    My cell phone is also my work phone, so sometimes I get weird calls. Usually stupid people who don't understand what a time zone is.

5. foxfan352

foxfan352 Well-Known Member

This might sound crazy but I don't have a phone...I should get one

6. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

I don't have one either. But I also don't have enough of an income to support such a thing.

7. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's crazy. I'm 19, and I barely use my phone. I pretty much have it on when I'm in the car or if I'm expecting a call, but otherwise it's off. I certainly never text much, maybe 5-6 times a year.

I am NOT getting out of bed for a TEXT MESSAGE.

8. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

My cell phone is my only phone and it pretty much stays with me everywhere. I get texts a lot from friends, mostly because most of us work in call centers and after a long day on the phones, we wanna communicate but, well.... we're sick of phones.

9. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Replace 'phone' with 'Transformers' and I'm sure that describes most of us. Everyone has their addiction. :) 

10. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I got into the habit of keeping my phone silent and on vibrate because of work. However I do try and always keep it near to check for messages. My girlfriend's a diabetic and, while she is good with it, there's always that chance of there being a serious emergency where she would need to get a hold of me. And I'd rather miss some sleep to answer a message where she needs something than wake up to find out she's in the hospital in a coma.

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i saw a rerun of Dr. Phil where a 14 yr old caused her dad to get a 400+ page cell phone bill because she had texted over 10,000 times in a month.

the dad was like, "she's communicating."

when 90% of her texts doesn't involve entire words or correctly spelled words, that isn't communication.

there should be limits. and my friends know better than to eff with my sleep patterns.
    i have worse ways of retaliating than a poorly timed text, "are ya sleeping?"

a lot worse. heh. heh. heh...

12. bandron

bandron seeker jets' nightmare

Ebay:
    Some of us don't have the luxury of being able to have our phones off during off hours. I do security so I have to keep it on in case they need me somewhere. I'm sure that most folks in emergency services have to do the same thing. It does suck to get that random wrong number but I always answer my phone. Not always in the most polite manner however.

13. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

Since i do not need to have a phone on at all hours i don't have my cell ringer on at night. I only take it to my bedroom since i use it as my alarm clock but once i lay down for sleep only damn noise that phone makes is the alarm in the morning. Now sadly my girlfriend is a different story. I have forced her to turn her phone off when she comes to bed so it does not wake me up if she gets stupid late night texts. SHe still forgets from time to time and needless to say i am not happy being woken due to someone else's correspondence.

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The phone ringing isn't going to wake me up anyways, let alone text updates or the like. If someone wants to call and doesn't get me, they can leave a voicemail message. I try to be diligent about returning calls.

I suppose all of that makes me a sound sleeper, but an incomplete person. I think I'll go post all of that on facebook now.