Tokyo Toy Show news: Kiss-Play Hot Rodimus = Red Alternators Mirage

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

2. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    MP-03 is gonna turn out like that?? GREAT!! Seriously since Hasbro came out with Star Wars Transformers, I wouldn't be surprised that Takatom's hitting back with Transformers Macross or Transformers Gundam! It's now 1-1 for both Hasbro & Takatom for ruining TFs!! Pretty heavenly retribution!!!

These ain't TFs anymore, not the ones that I used to know..These are now ambitions of BIG companies trying way too hard to mark up their profit margins so that their executives could drive around town in sleeker speedsters & live in bigger, more luxurious houses. Next time round, we may even get TFs Care Bears or Smurfs! :lolol  :lolol 

As the 80's slogan goes...

Transformers: More..MUCH MORE than meets the eye!!

3. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Quick, lets elope!

4. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Let me get this straight: SWTF and MP03 are ruining TFs?

Ooooookay. :rolleyes2 

P.S.: guess diversity is a bad thing.

-airfox

5. Automorpher

News Credits:
    Nope, MP-03 has got a nice mold & as I'd mentioned before that it WILL be my fave Starscream up to date. I just can't adapt myself to this "Low-visibility camo" thingy fast enough though. (Sigh!) Nevertheless, it's a GREAT design/mold but I can't agree on it's color (if the final product's gonna turn out looking like what was shown in the link)

As for Star Wars Transformers, I simply couldn't understand WHY Hasbro would want to fuse the 2 toylines together. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I simply cannot recall seeing Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader appearing/making a cameo in TFs OR having ANY of the TFs character(s) on Tatooine, Cantina or even onboard of Deathstar!!

In fact, I wasn't even sold when TFs got linked up with G.I.Joes...To me, the simple rule is: TFs should stay as TFs, NOTHING ELSE! Give me a new TFs mold/character anytime, but please keep other toy lines as it is cos' I've no wish to see "TFs-based" Boba Fett "transforming" into his infamous Slave-1 or even having Optimus Prime "transforming" into..Err..Papa Smurf?? :wink: 

This is my PERSONAL view on this issue, I do not mean to belittle anyone so please do not get agitated/aggressive over what I'd said. :D 

6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Me thinks the paint job shown on that tiny ass jpeg was a joke from the japanese fandom because they know a ton of you would actually believe it.

7. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Oh, OK. I thought you were saying that the second proto of MP03 makes it look like a blend between TF and Macross/Gundam, and that's to Takara/Tomy like SWTF is to Hasbro, which in your opinion is a bad thing.

Because Star Wars sells.... and Transformers sells.

LOL! :lol 

You're not wrong, but I think you're looking at the line the wrong way. (So, IMHO, you're not right either ;)  )

Besides, even if SWTF is not for you (if I'm correct, you don't like it), the line can still be popular for others. And in the end, it's a gamble on Hasbro's part to see if it proves to be popular enough to earn them money. It's a gamble like Animorphs, Mutant Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Beast Wars, Armada and even G1 were. The market then decides on whether the gamble pays off.

SWTF as a subline is not ruining TF.

TF keeps on as a mainline with Cybertron and Classics, and with other sublines like Alternators. SWTF is just another subline thrown into the mix, and it doesn't affect TF's mainline ... if it succeeds, more power to Hasbro and to those who like SWTF.

Yes, to you. That's why I talked about diversity.

For instance: I'm not into gaming ... and thus I don't like AttackTix. But I don't think AttackTix will ruin TF and I guess some fans may like it. I'll just don't buy any AttackTix product, and call it a day.

Also, my personal view on the matter. No agitation or aggressiveness (sp?) intended.

-airfox

8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    So we finally get what we expected: a Hot Rod repaint of Mirage. Kickass! Can't wait to pick it up soon!

9. Automorpher

News Credits:
    Yep, I get your point. Everybody's entitled to their own opinion(s) & though my dislike for these "sublines" had deterred me from spending quality $$$ on 'em, I completely respect others that deem these figures worthy enough for them to collect. ;) 

Summary: We, collectors just want our favourites to remain as favourites! :D 

10. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:
    Sorry, made a new thread without finding this one.

Here is the image given for the new BT Hot Rodiumus Convoy.

[​IMG]

Spencer - sorry it is very small.

11. Denyer

Denyer Shooty Dog Thing

Yeah, there's a bigger version in this thread...