Toilet Humour

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by buickanddeere, Apr 3, 2009.

1. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Anybody here would prefer the movie without the "toilet humour" so movie can been seen without embarrassment with the kids or GrandParents around?
    BB instead of popping off the orange Fram oil filter hitting Simmons on the head, squirting oil on Simmons then BB zipping up his fly. BB could have just squirted oil from a fingertip onto Simmons for the same effect with a higher level of class.
    The "masturbation" speech would have been funnier/cleaner with unsaid "innuendo" rather than actually saying "masturbation". An example of innuendo would be the "get your hands off my bush" line in the hauled out of the house scene.

2. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I agree, although not for the same reasons. I personally couldn't care less about what kids or old people think, but I really could have lived without all poor attempts at comedy. Did we really need a guy in a clown suit? Did we really need BB trying to get Sam laid? (Although, if my car did that, I'd be singing a different tune) Did we really need the masturbation scene?(well, yes, only with megan fox, and not in the movie. Maybe a cell phone video that someone stole and leaked online) I never watched TF's for it's comedy and I don't see why they had to load the movie full of crap that's not even funny in the first place

3. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Michael Bay has a very strange sense of humour. But the whole Autobots hiding scene is very funny and any concern about the masturbation joke in my mind was always quickly forgotten because there's so much going on in that scene.

4. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    Its called appealing to mass audience and you guys gotta get over it. It wasn't that bad plus BB trying to get Sam laid was awesome!

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    TFs is SEROUS BUSINESS. Everything must be done straight-faced with no humour at all what-so-ever. That's how TFs have always been since G1. No humour, no smiles. Get it right, Bay an co.

6. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    Exactly, a film based on a cartoon and toys CAN NOT have any smiling or laughing.

7. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I'm not saying there shouldn't be ANY comedy in the movie, just less. I did think the lubricating scene was funny, but were things like "Can't see, makeup's melting, hurts my eyes" or "Can I ride you home" really nessesary? We all want to ride Megan Fox home, there's nothing funny about that! IMO, all the unfunny comedy is what ruined the Energon and Armada series *ducks* Comedy is a good thing, but does the world really need more Jar-Jar humor?

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I don't mind humor in Transformers, so long as the lion's share (if not all) of it is INTELLIGENT humor. Bayformers failed to deliver in that department.

9. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    In all honesty, the jokes in the first movie were just downright not funny. I REALLY hope that the jokes in ROTF are better. But something tells me that my wish ain't gonna come true.

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I disagree. I had fun with Transformers 1, and I will with Transformers 2.

11. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you're overreacting, everybody in the theater I went to just laughed at the scenes, because they were really funny.

12. gabumon

gabumon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All is a little strong, but the toilet ones weren't funny. However, people watching should expect that the target audience is "Guys between 12 and 30", so the jokes will go for that group.

For my kids (7 and under) I made a personal edit of the dvd without them (and sans one or two of the more violent scenes) and they like it.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm a fan of toilet humor, but I don't think it's the type of humor to use every time you need a laugh. Just felt rather out of place for a film like Transformers.

The biggest comedy problem with the first film was the comedy timing was just so bad. They would set up a joke too far in advanced and then when the actual joke got there it wasn't as funny. The jokes that depended on race felt rather off the mark as well. It's not that I don't like racial humor because I love Blazing Saddles and the Boondocks, but it felt like it often hit the just insulting side of the fine line rather than the just funny side of the line.

I'm not saying action films don't need their humor as well, I just hope it's better humor than the first time.

14. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Wow. You and Bottom Out should exchange phone numbers and become movie-buddies or something, you guys sound like loads of fun. One guy doesn't laugh, the other doesn't clap, they both just sit there silently. :D