Toei licenses 5th season of Digimon to Disney ABC cable networks

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Shaun_C, May 11, 2007.

1. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

This'll be pretty cool, at least for you US fans. I've been watching the fansubs and it's a good series. Hope the dub does it justice

Link

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I knew they would. It's Digimon. The last series wasn't doing so hot, but I believe part of that was the crappy time slots and the almost no advertisement it got.

The reruns of the whole series have been doing great on Jetix as far as I know.

3. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

You mean Digimon Frontier?

Over here it got great coverage, can't remember how FOX handled it. But YTV IIRC aired it. IMPO it was a good series

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I couldn't stand the last season, let's take the whole point of Digimon (partnership) and throw it off a cliff into a pool of fire. I've been watching Savers on fansubs and it's a great series, gets back to the roots really well... My fear is the series usually get dumbed down for a kid audience pretty bad in the US, and Savers was made for older fans to start with, so it's going to go downhill even farther... No way the dub will do it justice.

5. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Frontier wasn't on FOX over here. When it came out was after Disney had bought Saban, who owned the US tv rights. It was put on ABC in a really bad afternoon timeslot with one other kids show after it, and that was it. I don't even believe they put it on their Saturday morning block. I could be wrong about that one, though. It's been a long time. A little over half way through, they moved it to ABC Family without warning. This was quite awhile before they started the whole Jetix thing. So none of their action shows were really promoted very well.

Once Jetix did get started, they moved it to there and advertised they hell out of the series (I'm refering to Digimon as a whole here) and it seems to have gone back up in the ratings. They tend to show at least one Digimon marathon each year.

6. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

I don't know which season it was, but the one where the kids actually turned into the digimon was horrible. So it can only go up from there.

7. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

The 'Kids turning into digimon' was frontier.
    The new show (Digimon Savers) just showed up in Japan over the last year, so if you havent been following fansubs, youve been missing it. I enjoyed it. I'm not sure how well the entire 'Communication through fists!' aspect it going to play with soccer moms.

I see Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digimon_Savers) has an updated entry with the current English Dub names and VAs too. Interesting choice on some of them. Lord knows, Yoshino could stand to get a bit more emotion in her voice.