Toa Mahri

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Dinobot Nuva, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, its August, and they're supposed to officially be available most everywhere in the USA now, though I've had a couple of mind since mid-July.

As far as canister sets go, its overly obvious how much Lego has been trying to get rid of their clone style sets of old. These blow last years Toa Inika out of the water completely (no pun intended). The designers really outdid themselves, parts wise, most of them only have about two to four new pieces to 'em, and they've managed to mesh parts from everyone of the past six years of Bionicle (and actual Lego system and Knights kingdom parts to boot) into these guys and still make them look like something official and not a fan creation from the thrawls of brickshelf.

Even the cordak blasters don't suck as much as I thought they would, you need a little oomph to get them to fire, but otherwise, they're a lot better than the squid launchers we got earlier this year.

Aw screw it, pics!

Kongu-
    [​IMG]

Nuparu-
    [​IMG]

Hewkii-
    [​IMG]

Hahli-
    [​IMG]

Matoro-
    [​IMG]

Jaller (with Hahnah crab)-
    [​IMG]

I'd definately get at least Jaller, then maybe Hewkii or Matoro after that. I dare say these are the best Toa we've had since the Nuva way back in 2002.
    So anybody else pick any of these up yet?
    DN

2. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    I'm thinking of picking up Matoro when I go to TRU next time, for once Sweden got the new bionicle figures in time :) 

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Meh, I used to really like Bionicle. (still love the Toa Nuva and Piraka) But after they killed off the Toa Nuva and brought in those Inika (worst purchase), they just felt boring, they don't really do anything. Plus, I found it's not very fun to build them anymore, too many clicky ball joints, not enough pegs.

4. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I saw these at..I think it was a Walmart not too long ago.

I had semi-collected Bionicles when they first came out (even own the first movie) and bought a couple others over the years...though sadly like all things they ended up scattered in pieces that I will never be able to find and as such I basically have none..pity.

Anyways, I really like what I had seen of these things and if there was any set that could get me back into them it'd be these guys.

I remember seeing some (I believe they were villains of a sort) that were all based on sea creatures..those aren't out yet are they? THOSE I would like to get.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    They are out. I was also looking forward to them, but I'd much rather buy Transformers.

6. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    @Splitlip- Greg Farshtey, the writer for Bionicle has already confirmed that the Nuva will be returning to the spotlight, and not only will they be the main hero characters of that story arc, they'll also be getting revamped with new sets. The Nuva never really died, they've been in the books and on the online story material doing stuff since 2006.

@NGW- You're talking about the Barraki, they came out in January and most stores are still stocking them.

DN

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Sweet, after I take care of some other things I plan to pick up I may just have to pick some of them guys up...any in particular worth getting over others though?

Gotta agree there. I'll definitely end up getting some, but after I pick up Hot Fuzz and 300...my funds go back towards getting the last few movie figures I want before the next couple releases (Leader Brawl being the only real big release I plan on getting outside of G1 MP Starscream).

8. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    Definately snag Takadox (the blue one), past that its really personal taste.

The TF drought kinda hit at just the right time, the new lego swag comes out right when there's no new Transformers in stores to be found.
    DN