To You Active Shapeways Users I Have a Request.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by shadeozero, Sep 19, 2011.

1. shadeozero

shadeozero Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I noticed that alot of shapeway users are making custom soundwave minions, and alot of targetmasters. I was wondering if someone could start making some Headmasters via the same process. The reason why I suggest this is that they are becoming quite expensive and this could be a cheaper alternative for us. We could also use them to customize not just our g1 figures but also our classics/universe/etc
    (making some generic headmasters maybe?). figures. If anyone from shapeways is interested in doing this post below and also post some WIP photos as im sure alot of us radicons would buy these. Thanks for taking the time to read and good luck.

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    If one does not have a customs project to post, the topic should be in Creative General Discussion, so here we are!

3. shadeozero

Ebay:
    sorry thought this was correct place as it it kind of a heavy scratch

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Well, I'm the guy who's responsible for the Dark Minions, and as yu can see in my sig, I've also made many Arqueste (GunRobots).

There are two reasons why I've not tackled a Headmaster:

A) HeadRobots has made some fantastic ones, and so have the third party company that made those triple changing headmasters based on Prime, Blaster, etc.

B) No one's commissioned me for one. Honestly it never came up. I do have a headless Chromedome, but little want to fix it myself, so it's not a priority for me, personally.

5. shadeozero

Ebay:
    Yes, headrobots is ok but thier mainly just redeco's meant for one figure and the junkion ones are ok too I was thinking of the other headnasters but mostly just new generic ones. Love your gun robots the headmasters would be awsome with that artciulation.

6. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Thing is, it wouldn't be very useful to me to design a generic Headmaster, as generally the people who need spare headmasters are looking to complete a certain figure or at least get as close as they can to a complete figure. A generic one would defeat the point.

That's far different from the Arqueste, where I can afford to make original characters and generic builds, because the Arqueste form weapons. They're not particularly representative of a character, any robot can arm themselves with different weapons, whereas the face and head is very unique to represent the character.

There's simply little point in me making a generic Headmaster, it likely wouldn't net enough sales on it's own to justify the time I'd have to put into it.