To those who still think The Fallen is in the movie...

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bottom Out, Feb 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

I ask of you for *REAL* proof. None of this "well bay said so" or "well the edited interviews mentioned him" BS. What REAL proof do we have?

To help explain what I mean, I'll use megatron as an example. We were told that megatron would not be in the movie. Well, we have real proof that he is. He has a toy, hes pictured on the board game, there are images of him on ROTF toy packaging, and we can see his hand and treds in the trailer....

So. What REAL proof do we have that the fallen is in this movie?

Answer: None.

What we do have though is real proof that he is NOT in the movie.

When the title of the movie first became public everyone assumed the fallen was refering to either megatron or the decepticons. Then one day a fan mentioned there was a character named the fallen and from that moment it was game on. Proof that the fallen is not in the movie though comes in the form of the foreign movie titles:

The German title is called "The Return" and the newest title (i forget which country) uses the plural form of the term "fallen"

both of these titles point back to our original idea that the fallen was refering to the decepticons. coincidence? maybe, but highly unlikely.

2. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Hmmmm. Anubis face on the Transformers 2 poster. Who else can that one be? Someone supposed to be ancient enough to be thousands of years old at least. Could it be Jetfire?

It takes more than just the notion that the foreign movie bills don't call mention "the Fallen" to disprove the Fallen's existence.
    Besides, what if the word "Return" refers both to Megatron's and the Fallen's.

3. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So, having actors, the director, comic book writers who make stories based on the movie's content, and other credible sources state specifically that The Fallen is one Transformer, called "The Fallen," who is similar to his War Within: Dark Ages incarnation, that's not acceptable?
    But that "The Fallen" is plural in the German title is absolute proof that there is no character called "The Fallen" whatsoever?
    I guess that face on the poster is a figment of the imagination, too.
    Saying that there's no solid proof that something exists isn't solid proof that it doesn't exist.

4. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    He's going to say "oh it could be Soundwave"

If that was Soundwave then I am Donald Trump

We will get The Fallen in the movie...in one way or another.

5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Adding onto Nutcrusher's post, it's an Anubis face with smoke coming out of the eyes. It sure as hell isn't Soundwave or any other known decpeticon...

6. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Isn't the Fallen's alt mode a tank?

7. 13eelzebub

13eelzebub Well-Known Member

Thats megatron... alt mode for fallen is unknown... if he even has one.

8. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    As a toy, yes. But since this isn't a character with long standing history, the writers could take a bit of liberty with it.

9. Ajax 013

Ajax 013 Well-Known Member

I'll post what i posted the last time you said this,for brevity

It doesn't even look mildly like soundwave. For one, its the wrong colours, for another, it has two eyes compared to soundwaves 1, its doesn't have enough head attenae things, different arrangement of facial spikes and doesn't have a pharoh like head dress around it.

So.... its REALLY not Soundwave. Unless he has extensive surgery.

Anyway, so far, its been the german and i think dutch versions were renamed to something else, but also two people close to the plot mentioned it had the Fallen (i think Furman was one, but somebody from IDW definately said it) and it was quickly 'removed' to avoid plot leakage.

So if this bot appears on the toy packaging, movie site and movie posters but isn't the fallen or alternate is the fallen but isn't even in the film, that wtf is going on?

Could be tacced down to Bays failing 'misinformation' campaign, but i don't think the explosion-miester is even going to go that far

Along with this your bringing up a ambigious film title from germany, 'The Return' could mean a great number of things. Remember, the first film was called 'Transformers' but as i'm sure alot of people would agree, it was very heavily focused on humans. Also, you translating a translation of a film title? Theres bound to be innaccuracies, both ways, then added to that different tense and gender specifics in different languages (I'm not entirely sure if dutch suffers from this, but seeing as how its in the netherlands and a european country, it probably was (providing it was the dutch film title, i could be WAY off as my memory is hazy on the subject)

By the same theorising, then your precious Megatron wouldn't be in the film. He's on some toy boxes and there is something in the corner of a shot that MIGHT JUST be him. He's appeared in ALOT LESS movie material than 'The Face of DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM' so theres even LESS PROOF of Megatron being in it than there is The Fallen (nobody yet has even claimed Megs to be in it, unlike The Fallen)

10. Ajax 013

There was a tank, i remember seeing the toy. A horrible little toy it was too, reminded me of a G1 tank toy redecoed like a flaming hotrod

11. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

it doesnt have to be anyone....it could just be an ancient symbol...the face *could* be of the fallens but that doesnt mean hes in the movie....

people think that the fallen is going to be the main villian...those people are going to be let down.

no, it really doesnt to be honest. Why would those titles be wrong? why would they call a movie about a character named the fallen as "the return", why would the word fallen be used in plural form if its refering to a characters name?

that doesnt coincide with the german title of "The return" since the fallen (if a character) could not be returning from anything

you mean like how the director said that megatron wasnt in the movie? you mean credible sources like that?

no, those sources are not credible

the fallen will not be in the movie, he might be mentioned int he prequel comics but the movie will not revolve around this character based on the evidence we have at this time

that face is just a face, it baffles me why people just automatically assume its the face of the fallen..why do you think that? Your assumptions are not proof of anything

it could be, theres just as much proof its soundwave as there is that its the fallen

actually there is more proof its soundwave since it looks exactly like soundwave...and we've seen NOTHING of this fallen character at all

proof? thats what this thread is about

how do you know that? proof of this? or just more assumptions?

he means the character in the original comic, that charcter turned into a tank

12. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    the poster doesn't look like Soundwave at all

ugh this is pointless

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's what I was going to type, but you took the words right out of my mouth. Frankly, going by his logic there's less proof of Megatron.

No way it could be Soundwave... we've seen his head already.

14. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    On the theater poster tubes, the label for that poster identified it as "Fallen" and there are two more that will be released later, that were labeled "Optimus" and "Jetfire."

But I suppose unless I come to your house and show you a boxed toy of The Fallen, as well as a copy of the final cut of the movie with The Fallen in it, you won't be happy, right?

15. mulanzo

mulanzo Dinobot

This is from another thread but it's more appropriate here....

1. Why would Megatron be kneeling before Soundwave.
    2. In the prequel comic, the golden slab is found in an archeological site so the face on it is clearly different than Soundwave, especially if Soundwave was seen on Mars in the current time period. Soundwave is not as old as that slab. If he was, so would Megatron and Prime and the rest of the bots and the golden slab wouldn't be an archeological relic..it would be something somebody hid in his backyard. They clearly don't know what it is or where it came from so the relic has nothing to do with Soundwave other than having a similar face.
    3. Soundwave's face is purple whereas the poster face is grey (it could be darker due to color adjustments...either way, it is monotone whereas Soundwaves head is two tone)
    [​IMG]

None of this is proof that the poster is the Fallen, but I think it's pretty solid evidence that the face on the golden slab (which also looks like the decepticon symbol and the head on the poster) is not Soundwave.

What is likely the case, according to the comic, is that prior to discovering the slab, all transformers were on the same side. When Megatron kneels in front of the Slab, he probably is possessed by evil or something and starts up the Decepticon faction. Then on Earth, he discovers that the face on the slab belongs to the bot on the poster.

...right. Frenzy's head and Cube. The end.

It is evidence that the face is not Soundwave since it is an ancient artifact, probably older than Soundwave or any of the other TFs. Who's face, we'll find out soon.

Well, if the face on the slab is the Fallen, then that is pretty much a guarantee that the Fallen will be in the movie since the same face is on the poster. Again, it may not be the Fallen, but it is an ancient TF one way or another. If the slab inspires Megatron to become evil, then the logical conclusion is that the face on the slab, which inspired the evil, is an evil TF and the title of the movie conveniently has the name of an ancient, evil TF. Pretty good evidence if you ask me. Not conclusive, but very convincing.

Uhhh... he'd be returning from a 1000 (or however long) year slumber under the Pyramids. He was at some point in the history of the TFs a character that walked around and did stuff... like lubricating things in ancient times. That would be a return. This would have to be explained in the story, but it is a return nonetheless.

It won't be enough. Trust me....

I wonder if he believes Devastator is in the new movie since the tank in the first movie named himself Devastator.

16. Ajax 013

One day I will invent a virus that infects peoples computer and reads out thier posts before they post them. When they realise how frighteningly stupid they sound, they will end themselves.

Until that day, I'm disembarking this thread before i degenerate into a troll

17. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Really. Then how is he THE FALLEN?

FALLEN!!

Pronunciation
    (UK): IPA: /ˈfɔːlən/, SAMPA: /"fO:l@n/

Verb
    fallen
    Past participle of fall.

Adjective
    fallen (not comparable)
    having dropped by the force of gravity
    fallen raindrops
    (literary) killed in battle
    to honor fallen soldiers
    having lost one's chastity
    a fallen woman
    having collapsed
    a fallen building

Noun
    fallen (plural fallen)
    The Devil
    An evil spirit, a fiend
    (plural only; not used in singular form) The dead
    (plural only; not used in singular form) Casualties of battle or war.

18. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    YES! THIS GUY IS GENIUS!!

I'm only sticking around because Bottom Out's threads are so funny. :D 

19. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    True. But just for a fancy Decepticon logo, there's a big connection with ancient Egypt, which we know is one of the locations. Besides there's reports of it being an ancient Transformers outpost.

Once again, both the Fallen and Megatron were "fell" from their power by opposing forces in dire situations.

He would be "returning" if he was exiled to the forementioned Transformers outpost on earth, which is far away from Cybertron, and quickly forgotten. (Of course, I'm speaking in my crackpot theory mode)

What makes you so credible?

People don't usually put faces on the poster of a blockbuster movie unless it's important.

Everything here is assumption. Even your claim.

20. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think its still to early to debate this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.