To those who have eHobby "Black" Megatron special reissue

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by haventgrownup, Aug 1, 2012.

1. haventgrownup

haventgrownup Procrastinator

...What color is the plastic that has been "chromed" (painted with vaccumized metal)? One could ostensibly tell from the flash spurs.

2. Gaokaiser

Gaokaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. haventgrownup

Well, thanks, but even those clear (and sometimes close-up) pics don't have the info I need.

On a related note, it appears that, at least in 2001, Takara has gotten really good at removing "chromed" pieces from their sprues without having too much raw flash showing.

None of the super-collectors on here have Black Megatron handy?

4. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have one. What part exactly are you talking about? I'm not sure I follow....

5. haventgrownup

Thanks!

The parts that are chromed (vacuum-metal-plated)....I want to know what color the plastic is underneath. You can only really tell by where they snapped the parts off of the sprue after they were painted/treated. There will be (VERY) small areas with bare plastic (but apparently not many).

Obviously the die-cast isn't painted, so just the outside arms, chest (front and back) and maybe the abdomen (which is revealed when the chest raises up during transformation).

Thanks again.