Customs: to those of you who have repainted animated bumblebee...

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Bottom Out, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

...how far did you break the figure down? Obviously im going to detach all the ball jointed pieces that snap together but what about the other connections? did you remove the rods holding pieces together or just the screws?

is there anything i should look out for while doing this? any tips on certain sections? are the clear windshield/windows pieces removable?

thanks for your help

oh one last thing that i might as well ask here...any way to change the blue clear plastic pieces (like his eyes, stingers, missles) to a diff translucent color such as red? any methods?

2. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

bump?

3. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'd love to help yah, but I haven't taken one apart to customize.

When I did do a custom, I would try and break it down as far as possible....but thats just me.

Maybe do a search here, and see who has made customs from Ani BB....and then ask that artist maybe via pm what all they did...just a suggestion :) 

4. Ian Pongray

Ian Pongray Well-Known Member

When I did my Cliffjumper repaint/head resculpt, I popped off all the ball joints, unscrewed the lower legs and lower arms and took apart the hips. I also masked the tires and used liquid mask for the windows/clear bits.

When painting the torso, be sure to convert between 'bot and 'alt mode configurations as there are a lot of little bits that shift around.

I'm about to try this again for a Wasp conversion. I may even post my repaints some day, when I get my reprolabels...

5. ALPHAMAGNUS

ALPHAMAGNUS Sector70: Reformatting... Veteran

didn't Tonyzcustoms do a WAsp out of this mold? ask him

6. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did one using the Activators one. But with any custom I just transform the heck out of it and see what rubs. You can even paint a layer of cheap acrylic over the whole figure and then transform it a few times to see where the problems arise then fix them via sanding or cutting down with a blade, then after all rubbing is gone give it a bath in a cleaner of your choice(Alcohol is my preference and what I do to prep my figures with anyways). After that you should have a figure that is ready for a primer and paint.