To the 'Kill Arcee' crowd...

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Snark, Mar 3, 2012.

1. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Knockdown? Don't you mean Knockout?

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I get why some people may be whiny about Arcee (except for those 3 guys that sound ALOT LIKE they hate her simply because she is a girl, which is weird and creepy and nerdy and wtf people, I think one even said Arcee would be much better if she were Sideswipe or something) but I really don't care, I love Arcee and I am very glad that the show's main character isn't Optimus or Bumblebee, the main character is a girl, far from a franchise big name and was barely featured in the movies and I love that I really love that.

We should start a kill Airachnid crowd. I mean she sucks and GENUILY DESERVES TO DIE! Like, in-universe reasons for her deserving to die!

3. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Oh god yes.

Something about her just screams "marked for death".

And to the OP, those are the exact words I was looking for. This is starting to look sexist.

4. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    There are people who want her dead? Strange. Sometimes it seems to me, it is far more enjoying being a fan of Transformers if you just stick to the forums where people talk about the toys and the fanart and customs area and just forget about the forums where people talk about the media.

Knockdown and Lockout :lol 

5. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Ur doin it wrong. It's Knockdown and Breakout.

6. Cecilia

Cecilia Mechanical Princess

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It is true to any thing that has toys and media... like gundam or macross :) 

And I seem to not be able to assimilate knockouts name for some reason, but I do have those blocks A LOT with many names u.u

7. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

THIS.

(I need to learn to stay up longer, I missed a damn lot.)

8. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

Oh good grief. Not another one of these.

9. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

It would seem my helpful advise and long talks I had with kaijuguy finally paid off. He has now learned to ignore threads these kinds of threads involving Arcee. No offense to you dude, I'm only giving you a compliment.

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just want to say, well said:thumb 

I never understood why the female characters are getting the hate we're seeing--I know everyone has their favorites and all, but I'm very pleased to see characters no known to get screen time get the lion's share for once. Everything doesn't always need to revolve around Optimus, Bumblebee. Besides, story-wise, the writing in this show is fan-flippin'-tastic! I'm overjoyed that the female characters of the Transformers are finally going toe-to-toe with male characters. Transformers Prime has captured my daughter's interest in the show--it's always nice to have something to connect with your kids.

11. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

This. When Snark cuts loose, bitches better take heed.

12. Deltus

Deltus 異種

Well I think a major contributer to the hate is the fact she has appeared more then every character and is in every episode and is over used. Arcee really is a good character I think if she is just used a little less we wouldnt have as much of the ...

''KILL ARCEEEEE :bay  :bay  '' thing

13. Dargor

Dargor Well-Known Member

Question: Why people hates Airachnid? Yeah, she is an evil, plotting, mass murderous bitch, but that´s her role after all, so if people "hates" her, it means her developers did a good work.

14. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Well, I had to say it. You did agree to something that said 'Arcee is the best Autobot in Prime'. I was stating the obvious.

But anyway, like I said; I don't want Arcee dead, I just don't like her.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. She wasn't supposed to be likeable; she's a loner. Everything she does is for her own personal gain. She's not unlike Starscream--wait a second! Why do folks love Starscream, but hate her:confused.

Decepticons are the bad guys, you're supposed to hate on them.

I agree, though, the writers have done an amazing job. And for the record, I LOVE Airachnid.

16. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Arcee's only offense is being smarter and more competent than her boss, as well as vastly more interesting. As we all know, that is a completely unforgivable offense. :D 

I can't blame her or Bulkhead if they always headed out to kick skidplate on their own, sometimes with the help of Prime's pet Gimplebee, while the boss washed down Ratchet's pills with Energon whiskey and obsessed over his Botstradamus. The organization is just plain dysfunctional.

I say, now that Ops is out of the way, maybe we should put her in charge.

17. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fangirls. That's why.

On the topic: While all the other characters are pretty well developed (I can't really believe someone had the gall to put them into archetypes when they've all got full fleshed out personalities and motivations, except for maybe BB), Arcee did get a lot of the screentime. But so did Bulkhead.

And honestly, what do you expect? Ratchet is at the base, Optimus is the heroic leader who can do no wrong (the role model, which may make him somewhat harder to relate to), and BB can't talk. It only makes sense that Bulk and Cee get the limelight.

Plus, the audience is far less familiar with them, so they actually need the introduction and fleshing out. Ratchet, Prime, and Bumblebee are already established characters in the gazillion dollar movie franchise. Why would the general audience need to get to know them for Season 1, which largely existed to take it slow and introduce the show's key elements.

Seriously, its not that big of a fucking deal, and people need to stop being so whiny about it.

18. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I've been hearing a lot of hate for Arcee and I've never understood it. Do people really get that intimidated by a strong female character???

She is not contrived, she is flawed, she is no where near being a 2 dimensional character AND she isn't the super kick ass chick that annoys everyone, she gets her lumps and often.

19. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    But...the internet is such serious business.....

20. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We are on an internet forum discussing the character development of a television show dedicated to robots that kill each other.

What part of that is NOT serious?