To tell the truth.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NEST SOLDIER, Dec 3, 2011.

1. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Okay, as a newbie, I admit that I have been lied to and believed all the hoo doo about certain things regarding the DOTM toy line. However, I want facts, not fiction. So, if anyone on here knows the truth regarding wave 6 and it's fate, as well as the fate of a Mirage figure; then please, do tell us all.

If not, then I will go with what Hasbro has previously stated. Which is, that the figure (Mirage) was not released in the DOTM line due to license issues. That they are aware of the fan's desire for the figure, and specifically not to completely discount his future.

As for Wheeljack, Soundwave, and Leadfoot, I was told by Hasbro yesterday at 12:45 P.M. that they had been pushed back, that Dec. 11th was not their release date( check your calender), and that they never publish a release date.

Want to verify what I just said? Call Hasbro consumer affairs on the wheeljack issue. For Mirage, that info came directly from the TF marketing dept., after I bugged them to death for an answer. I am a pest when it comes to getting a transformer toy.

Also, realize that I'm not publishing all this for attention, but to hopefully clarify what others may have been told or believed as well. I wouldn't risk my membership priveledges among this great community of fans by lying about anything to anyone.

:2c: 

2. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the wrong forum, you want toy discussion. :) 

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    First wrong section, second, Hasbro never has release dates (as far as I have seen) for individual waves. Hell, I don't think much outside of the start of each movie line has an actual street date. These things ship and get stocked when stores get them. Imagine how big of a PITA it would be for Walmart employees sifting through pallets upon pallets of different action figures that they know nothing about (and care even less about) putting Wave 6 of DOTM in one pile that they shouldn't stock till Dec 11th, MU Wave 8 in another that they cant stock till December 15th, GI Joe Wave 3 that they cant stock till January 3rd, My Little Pony Wave 5.5 that they can't stock till December 28th, etc etc. It would be a mess.

Edit: Also, I would almost guarantee that Hasbro is feeding you lines. If I worked for them and people called up asking when they are going to see x figure, I would tell each person a different answer. Chances are not many of them know, or care. There are much more important fish to fry for them.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    But we've already gotten a figure that was a slightly changed design based on the Audi in ROTF (Sideways) that was released in one of the ealiest waves of that line. Hasbro should have been able to plan for this ahead of time and make something that looked like a Ferrari, but different enough to not incur licencing issues.

I believe Hasbro stated, at some convention, that all DOTM toys would be released by Christmas. This is probably subject to change, but that's still Hasbro's public answer if I do recall correctly.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Man, fuck Mirage already.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Nothing is comfirmed, everything is rumour.

Nobody should be holding their breath for a Dino figure right now, you'll just be making extra work for the coroner.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Let's punt this down to the Toy forum.

Now, as far as things go, we were told the original plan was to have all of Dark of the Moon on shelves by the end of the year, it looks like that plan slipped a bit - the stock is probably getting into the warehouses, but I'm not sure if it'll be on the pegs anytime soon.

Mirage - we've heard nothing official about one getting made. I'm sure somehow one will get done sooner or later, possibly as a generic sportscar, but the rumours about there being one definitely in the pipeline, the rumours about the weaponised one or the Human Alliance one - total baloney.

We might eventually get a Deluxe. I'd expect no more than that.

8. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    I love this type of hyperbole! What issue?? There's a Wheeljack toy (2 actually) to be released soon. It's an issue because we haven't received him yet? Wow.

9. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    The thing that doesn't seem to make sense is the licensing issue. We've already gotten the Speedstars Mirage....and hell if I know any better, but it looks like a Ferrari to me. So....if they're NOT going to make a transformable Mirage/Dino Toy, then I'm thinking it would be for other reasons. Besides, wouldn't "licensing issues" prevent the Ferrari from even being used in the movie? Much like how they couldn't get Bumblebee to be that VW Beetle?? But hey....what do I know?

10. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Well the problem using the Ferrari was another toy company has exclusive rights to make toys based on them. Using it the film was fine, but Ferrari itself apparantly did a lot of backseat micromanging. He couldn't be named Mirage because they didn't want their car associated with a Hasbro name to keep their other toy company satisfied. He had to be named "Dino" after someone from the company's history. He had to have an Italian accent "but not a stereotypical cartoonish Italian accent". He couldn't use the Stealth force mode, because it would "ruin the look of the car". And I think they didn't want him killed off, since he died in all other adaptations of DOTM except the film.

Now you'd think they'd just pick another car company that wasn't going to be a pain.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

It's not like he was that important important in the movie anyways.

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^like SideSwipe in RotF, right?

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Sideswipe had a slightly larger role in DOTM. i actually felt he was kinda important.

Dino is basically Sideswipe with a accent and less screen time.

14. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

THANK YOU!!! It's to the point that I hope Hasbro intentionally makes the decision to not release Mirage just to piss off all these whiny ass fanboys.

15. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    I'm almost sure that Sideswipe in ROTF had more screen time than Mirage in DOTM.

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    With all of that in mind, it really makes you wonder though - why not just make a red sportscar, name it Mirage, and give it a similar robot mode to the one seen in DotM? It won't be the guy in the film as it's not got the same name or vehicle mode, and the robot mode is not exactly the same...

Probably too much hassle. Like you say though, it's surprising they didn't go with a different car company.

17. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    While not that extreme, I've been feeling similarly in the last few months. if he eventually appears, alright, but if not, just let the guy rest.

18. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Look, some of you are being disrespectful and ugly, and it needs to stop here and now. If you can't say anything without cursing or slander, don't say anything at all. Second, if it got posted to the wrong forum, that's my fault.

Third, I simply stated the facts, and asked for input from those WHO HAVE FACTS REGARDING TOYS VERSUS RUMORS THAT WERE TOLD.

If you aren't mature enough to show respect, then shut your mouth, and don't reply to my postings.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  19. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...rage-dino-thread-all-threads-merged-here.html

This is why people are upset with you posting ANYTHING about Mirage. We've heard nothing but bitching and complaining for MONTHS about it. Most of the people on this site honestly don't care if ever made anymore because of how often you come to the toy forum and see a thread bitching about Mirage.

Also, just because someone replied in a way you find disrespectful don't give you the right to tell them to be rude and tell them to "shut their mouth". Two wrongs don't make a right.

20. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    No, but two rights make a U-turn, two U-turns make a circle, two circles make an eight, two eights make a butterfly, two butterflies ma-*interrupted by next post*.