To open or not to open...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Erector, Mar 24, 2010.

1. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Keep em sealed.

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

IMO you either gotta sell or open them all.

If you do sell, make sure you get some decent bucks for 'em.

It it were me, I'd open carefully so keep the MIB effect should you wish to return them to their packaging. If it were me.

You can't just open one else you'll invoke the Pringles effect. Once you pop...

I'm all for MISB for some lines, but really, the reissues have limited display value.

My advice is go with sell or open.

Good luck man!

3. prowl26

prowl26 Well-Known Member

They are toys, I open them.

4. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Normally I'd say open them, but these are a bit special..maybe it's nice to keep these in their book boxes?

Maybe it's a good idea to determine what you spent on getting them, and what you'd be able to get for them if you'd sell them sealed..and/or if you are able to buy loose ones cheap.

Maybe you can get loose ones in good condition, so you don't have to open these up. And if you get replacements, you can decide if you want to keep the sealed ones or make some money off of them.

Better than to just rip them open, right?

5. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Sometimes, when I'm a little bored with my collection I ponder opening sealed items but I realize its just the boredom. Keep em sealed and if you want to pursue more open bots at the moment, do that. If you need the cash to do that, sell sealed ones you'd be willing to part with to have the open collection prosper. Just make sure you're not pondering opening them out of momentary boredom cause it can lead to disappointment after the boredom passes.