To KO or semi-KO? Buying from kotoys.com or iGear

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blaynescott, Jul 4, 2011.

1. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hi everyone,

I'm trying to determine if I should drop $100 on three pieces from KO toys -

DIA POWERED COMMANDER Fans Project TF-PARALLAX TFX-01J KO
    (to marker/repaint as a permanent Shadow Commander-style Armor)

Double Shattered Glass 'Evil Prime' KO (I love the design, but don't want to pay crazy-money for an original)

War for Cybertron Prime (oversized) ko L class (as parts for a MP-scale Prime custom I'm doing)

... or, a more legit KO route, and buy an iGear 'EVIL LEADER' / Purple Prime. Cost wise, it's the three KOs, or the one iGear piece.

[​IMG]

What do people think? I've purchased (accidentally) a KO Classics Megatron online before, and the plastic was so brittle the arm/screw snapped right off, reducing the thing to custom fodder. I'm a bit worried the figures from KOtoys.com would be the same way.

Any input would be appreciated. I've already spent too much on toys recently, and need to limit my cash to one or the other. :) 

-Blayne

2. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love the pp01e....The kold shattered glass is really good quality but I've heard mixed reviews on the armor and as much as the oversized wfc intrigues me I imagine it's probably a cheap floppy mess.

3. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heh "legit KO", there's an oxymoron for you!

I personally am all about bang for the buck when it comes to KO's. By that I mean best quality for the lowest price. From what I hear besides some looseness issues the FP KO's are spot on. The KOLD Convoys have a few issues, but they are still the best KO's of that mold. I don't know anything about the over-sized WFC Prime, but I'm willing to bet its going to have quite a few issues. With all that said I was not impressed with my PP-01 for the price. iGear is still a KO company at this point. PP-01 left a sour taste in my mouth, but the Kup heads, and MP Prime heads let me know they can do a few things right at the right price-point.

When buying KO's, buy high quality stuff or don't bother.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    KOtoys does sell some non KO figures or used to , been a while since i looked at the site. 90% + however are Kos of varying quality.

Igear reverse engineers figures to make "new" figures.

Also the owner of KOtoys is notoriously hit and miss with customer service.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    PP-01 is a flat out knockoff, to say otherwise makes no sense

6. bluesparrow

bluesparrow Puppet Prime Says Die

I didn't know this existed and now I want it. Are there any reviews/pics with the Megatron head on it?

7. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I can attest to the quality of the iGear piece, they make quality toys. I'm hoping after the cone-heads they stick to making their own molds and updates as I can certainly understand some of the nerd-rage.