To keep or not to keep (your TF's boxes)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mach Wind, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Mach Wind

Mach Wind Active Member

Hi everyone,

I did an intro and asked a question on a separate thread and didn't get any answers, so I'll post it here. I just like to know how many of you keep your boxes after opening it? I been keeping most of my boxes from Beast Wars on, since I like to have a reference for the figures that I have, but they are taking up my living space!

So what do you do???

2. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    i keep it if i think i might sell the figure down the road or if it is a exclusive japanese transformer. otherwise it gets tossed.

3. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have kept all my boxes, but for non-g1 I cut the bubbles off the cards. For boxes I remove the inserts and flatten them. I love the art and the cards make great display pieces, if I ever have a large enough house to display them all in.

4. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I keep all my boxes and cards and bubbles but I don't know why. They're taking up my entire closet and two big boxes outside my closet now. But I can't bring myself to throw them away. Oh well.

5. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

I have the same problem. I don't even break em down, one day a spare room will become my transformers shrine and I'll put them to good use.

6. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    I only keep the Japanese boxes for my collection.

7. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

Aye, I keep em all minus the bubbles or by flattening em, drives the wife nuts but oh well.

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

I don't keep them because of the living space issues. Heck, I've been collecting since '84, and if I kept all the boxes I wouldn't have room to move! That said, I do tend to keep the card backs nowadays, as well as boxes from things like any Japanese figs or seemingly 'special' ones. I'm not entirely sure what my criteria are, 'cause it's fairly subconscious.

9. Rend

Rend Decepticreep Killer

When I first started collecting I tried to keep all the boxes because most of the old G1 boxes were great for storing your Transformers in. However, my family didn't see eye to eye with me. They eventually made me throw them away because we ran out of places to store them. You see I had 3 brothers, and we were limited on how much storage space we had. :( 

IF you have the room I'd say save them. If room is an issue I'd break the boxes down and flatten them as other people have posted. I wish I would have flattened my boxes back in the day, but oh well I was a kid and didn't think of that.

10. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I have always kept my boxes. Dont know why I dont ever plan on selling my TFs but I keep them anyway.

11. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I keep some of my boxes if I like the artwork a lot. But, mostly, I just toss them. I only got so much space.

12. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I keep most of my boxes. Cards I toss though.

What I really hate is when Hasbro switched to that damn bubble packaging for the Alts. Those are a pain to store.

13. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Any Japanese and G1 boxes I'll keep, the rest get tossed.

14. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

any of you guys have the box to big convoy you dont mind parting with instead of throwing it out

15. Mach Wind

Mach Wind Active Member

Are you talking about BW Neo's Big Convoy, I have one, but I am keeping the box to store Big Convoy.

And the last Alt series' boxes were a big pain in the rear, since it was hard to open and stack up.

The ones that I have toss are the ones from Armada and Energon (no bios and nothing more to show). And I am hesitating about the Cybertron series, the boxes uses aren't straight parallel rectangle design, which makes flattening them hard.

16. jessecuster

jessecuster One Goal!

News Credits:
    For the bubbles, I keep the card. For boxes, I cut out the back piece with both modes on it. For special ones, I keep the whole box. Currently, I have all of the cards and instruction sheets filed in the Ultimate Bumblebee box.

17. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    If I could re-pack the figure in the box without any hassle (i.e. no twist ties), I'll save the box. Otherwise, I'll save the back panel with the bio and pictures, and throw out the rest. For cards, I always throw away the bubble.

18. T-money

T-money Cake is good

News Credits:
    I keep just a few boxes to store "special" figures. I like being able to have some figures MIB.

Most figures I just dispose of the box or the card. Too much space gets taken up by that stuff.

19. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

If it's not G1, G2, or any rare variant, I wouldn't bother keeping the packaging. Yeah, if you ever decide to sell them later on, they could be worth a little more, but I dont think it's worth the space.

20. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    g1,masterpiece,japanese and exclusives are all i keep now.the rest arent really worth it expecially carded bubbles