To Henkei Skywarp owners: is he worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Soundwave3k, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Hey all,

I already have the Target exclusive Classics Skywarp but I've always really disliked the shade of purple they put on him. The Henkei version looks like it has the same shade as the G1 figure but it's really hard to tell what it would look like in real life from most of the online pics I've seen. To those who have him and possibly the Classics version as well, is he worth dropping $75 on?

Also, any chance anyone can take some outdoor pics of the Henkei version and compare to the Classics? It's usually easier to see the real colors that way.

Thanks ahead of time!

2. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    I really cant say as this is a toy were I think your going to have to make up your own mind on. Personally I like the Henkei one better then the Classics. Wile there's nothing wrong with the Hasbro one and is a perfectly fine toy I think the Henkei colors are more fleshed out and I prefer the Henkei purple over the neon-purple on the Hasbro one. Overall the clincher for me is the Henkei looks more or less dead on next to his vintage G1 counterpart. My only suggestion would be is to really ask yourself how much of a fan you really are of Skywarp. I know in my case toy wise he's by far and away my favorite seeker as I'm a sucker for the black and purple paint scheme, therefore I can justify maybe going the extra mile on the Henkei.

3. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Null rays are loose fitting on the arms on the Henkei version I think.

4. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Null rays are fine with mine. Are you getting confused with Thundercracker?

I'd say he's definitely worth it, but then my collection is only Henkei, no Hasbro Classics. The colours on Henkei Skywarp are definitely better than the Classics one.

5. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    QC wise my Skywarp was a little loose but overall fine, Thundercracker on the other hand was a mess.

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Depends how much you like Skywarp. You can get the MP version for the same price.

7. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    well if u already have classics skywarp, i cant really say the slightly different paint apps warrant such an expensive replacement figure... however, i DO think that henkei skywarp looks better than classics.. i own the henkei only, not seen the two together side by side, although i have of course seen pics of classics SW, but henkei does look better.. agreed, u can get MP skywarp for the price ^^ coz u already have ur classics version.. up to u, if money's not an issue, i say its still a good buy..no QC issues on mine, only TC had those issues..very good figure

8. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    This is a good point as well to which I would also echo this call.

9. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks for your posts. I broke down and ordered one - Skywarp is definitely my favorite seeker color scheme and the classics version just wasn't doing it for me. I hope I'll like him!