To free up Henkei Convoy from DIA armor; Real thing or Knock off

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by trence5, Jun 11, 2011.

1. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Hi all. Say I'm looking to free up my Henkei Con - I refuse to call him that, that IS - Optimus from my fansproject armor. Should I get take my chances and search a real Classics Optimus, or get a knock off and customize it to look how I want it to?

2. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

yes, get a classics prime, there is one in my sales if needed. PLUGGED. I would never use henkei convoy for DIA.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

^ Yeah, henkei prime is wasted inside the armour. His paintjob is too beautiful to be covered up! :D 

I use a normal classics Prime for my DIA armour and Henkei for actual Optimus Prime.

4. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    but... Henkei Convoy was made for the DIA armor and Classics Prime was made for the Powered armor :confused: 

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Yeah I know...

But I don't have the Powered armour and I don't have 2 Henkei Primes. :( 

Now I have the G3 trailer as well, and he is totally Prime-less!

6. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Do what I did, find someone with a discount classics Prime that is missing its visor/gun, you'll pay a lower price, and you won't use that piece anyways.

7. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

Do it right, commission a blue Prime from a Radicon for your DIA kit.

And what's wrong with calling him Convoy? That was his name in Japan for 23 years. It's just as iconic and recognizable as "Optimus Prime" does to the American public. Plus, I'll say it, the name Convoy actually makes more sense as a big rig than "Optimus Prime" which really bears little meaning to the figure and vehicle (that goes in general for Japanese vs. American names).

True story, during the Autograph session with High and Mighty Color at last year's SakuraCon, I wore my Autobot/Decepticon flipping belt buckle and the guys in the band immediately recognized it as "Convoy."

I love the name Convoy. I was really disappointed to see the Japanese market switch over to the American naming because of the movies.

8. HighPrime

HighPrime Wake up with the King!

News Credits:
    What I did was put Universe Nemesis in the Shadow Commander Armor, Henkei Convoy in the DIA armor, Classics Prime in the TFcon Armor, and designated Tokyo Show Henkei Crystal Convoy as the representative for that mold sans armor.

So the solution is for you to get Crystal Convoy and call it good :D  ;) 

Now for a helpful suggestion, I actually leave Henkei Convoy as a rig. The G3 Trailer is connected to it and the DIA armor is connected to that. I could not agree more with Auto Morph's sentiment on the paint scheme.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  9. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

:lol  :lol  I understand where you're coming from, and you are right on with your facts, this is true.. But come on even you have to admit that 'Convoy' sez, "I'm just a big robot that converts to a semi" - 'Optimus PRIME' sez "I AM the chosen one to hold the line in our darkest hour" :thumbs2: :thumb