To everyone who purchased Fansproject Warbot Defender:

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IhsantheCursed, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

So...the Generations Scourge, Perceptor, Wreck-gar, ect....were poorly made in your opinion i take it? lol Unless your referring to the g1 springer or the Evac repaint of him? I thought they were both nice....imo...

2. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

EDIT: Oops sry to double post.

No I didnt. And i guarantee you bought Classics Astrotrain reguardless. ;) 

3. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Except that the evac repaint was not a triple changer and thus does not fit in the "triple changer" world.

G1 Springer is a typical crappy G1 toy. Great for it's day, but only worth a dime now because of nostalgia. If a toy company tried to release something like that now, it would sit on a BigLots shelf and rot.

4. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ummmmmm... no. I didn't bring up any of the other figures you brought up that hold no relevance to the subject matter of the thread you've created.

Just Universe Springer.

Evac, as a toy... more than cool by me. I actually REALLY like it in both the red and orange versions. It's a cool mold.

As Springer though? Nope... shit on a stick.

Hasbro has this horrible mindset of, "Oh, if we repaint this figure ____ color, we can just pass it off as the Classics version of ______."

Just like Strafe... Cyclonus still looks like Cyclonus when painted red... Mindset still looks like Mindset when painted red... they aren't fucking strafe, just like Evac isn't fucking Springer.

5. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got it for free :D  Octane too. They are currently sitting in the bottom of a box in storage. While Defender sits on my desk.

6. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Yeah sure. To post directly above this one aswell lol

7. Hal7300

Hal7300 Wrecker

I must have missed Arcee...

Astrotrain and Octane being the only ones released thus far, what are you basing this statement on?

Hot coffee through nose - thanks man, i needed a good laugh :D 

Ah, psychic as well as a troll?

8. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Sure they do. They are versions of the character Springer. lol...so is WB Defender.

9. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I just don't understand the "I will be laughing if they release X" mentality. Why, I think a vast majority of us who own products like this would buy the Hasbro release and be just fine. Hell, with the GoD seekers, I picked them even knowing that the Hasbro ones were in the works, and already owning the Henkei versions. Most of us a prefectly happy with Warbot and the price we paid for the item, and some Hasbro release isnt going to change that. Good figures are good figures in the end. Sure there will be a few dissapointed collectors, but some of us either want everything, or the best of the best versions, and in this case chances are Warbot will blow anything Hasbro does out of the water.

See the same thing with the seekers (like you mentioned), and items like Henkei Red Alert. Grant it I paid $30 for my Henkei Red Alert, but IMO it is vastly better than the Hasbro version in many ways, red head, crisper white, crisper paint in general, etc. Sure I still bought the Hasbro one, but did I feel like a sucker purchasing the Henkei one, hell no. Even if I had paid $60+ for the Henkei version, I wouldn't have felt ripped off, a great figure is a great figure.

10. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Here:

Generations Scourge, RTS Perceptor, and RTS Wreck-Gar were all versions of the character Springer huh? :peoples: 

11. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Meh weak Troll is done. Nothing more to see here.

Maybe you would like a picture of my desk little troll?

If you think Warbot is bad. Try the fully decked out Crazydevy Predaking, Custom Devastator, Encline Designs MP Grimlock and complete fansproject collection that greets me whenever I turn on my lights ;) 

:lol  <----- me still laughing.

If you don't have the money to buy something, don't begrudge those who do.

I hope hasbro does release a Springer. IDW Styling would be awesome. I would love to keep Warbot in my FP area, and have a complete set of official wreckers. :D 

12. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Now look folks. Im sorry if yall are personally insulted by the fact I find it funny that a person pays alot for a toy, and then that same toy (or a cool version of it) is released later (such as MP Rodimus). Dont act like I just insulted your mothers lol. For the record...it is NOT my intention to offend anyone. This is a Toy discussion area. Im simply discussing a toy. Call me what you will for that. Ill still be laughing when we get a Classics style Springer :) 

13. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Cool man. Sounds like an awesome set up. A very expensive set-up too.

14. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    IhsantheCursed... just admit it: your trolling ways have FAILED.
    1. Your comparison between Botcon Seekers-Generations releases and a Warbot-hasbro Springer release is way off base (no way going to be the same mold);
    2. No guarantee that Habro/Takara will even want to produce a triple-changing Springer;
    3. No guarantee that IF they do want to produce one, it will come out as awesomely as Warbot
    4. Practically every character in the TF universe has had several versions. Else we'd still be playing with our Diaclones! More power to a new Springer version! Make it happen!

15. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Oh no you did not... :p 

Spinrger is actually a nice G1 toy, he is no wear near crappy (unless as always he is compared to a modern day standard)

16. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I guess my big thing is... why do you care how other people spend their money in the first place?

Now THAT'S a mentality I've never gotten... I've definitely spent my fair share on the hobby but I've never felt better or less than anyone else because of how much they've spent, or what they've spent it on... I also sure as hell don't base my collecting or spending on what other people collect or spend on either (even though it is awesome to have some in-hand opinions before buying).

If you end up getting a classics Springer that you like, why are you sitting up thinking about other people and Warbot Defender instead of enjoying your purchases?

17. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Hear, hear! Probably best and most truthful points made yet in this topic.

18. MasterpieceMP33

MasterpieceMP33 Well-Known Member

Dude im sure everyone who owns warbot will buy an official springer IF it were ever made, me included.

19. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The OP was trying to claim that all triple changers are the uber sex.

Sorry but by today's standards G1 toys are crap.

That's not to say I don't love them, on a display, never to be moved, or touched, ever....by anyone...for any reason....at any time....ever.

20. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^This and well said, Sir! :D 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.