To everyone who purchased Fansproject Warbot Defender:

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by IhsantheCursed, Jun 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

...I will truly laugh the day Hasbro decides to release a new "classics"-style Springer mold...considering how much that thing is. Unlikely? Possibly. But im sure ppl said the same thing when the Botcon "Games of Deception" set was released. ;) 

2. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

And I will still be laughing when hasbro don't make a Springer, and I will still have my Fansproject one.

3. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Write this down and UNDERLINE it: Hasbro will make it.

Consider the facts for a moment.

- how many classic G1 movie characters has Hasbro made updates of the older toys for? a bunch.

- Whats more likely, that they stop after DotM finishes its "toy-run" or that they continue the "Generations"/Classics-style line?

- Triplechangers are VERY well loved, and always make money.

- Contrary to what some believe, Hasbro does like pleaseing the fans.

Say your toy falls off a shelf and breaks. You will have to pay a ton to replace it. I wont. Cause I'll have a cheaper, more accurate Springer :) 

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I really like Warbot Defender, despite what Hasbro does or doesn't do. Also, I'm not a 3rd party "supporter" in that I don't love every single thing that's made no matter what. Warbot Defender also is one of FansProject's accomplishments in the realms of making a full figure, so it's not just about "Springer".

5. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Whereas the generally released Seekers were practically the same mold as the Botcon Seekers, a new Hasbro 'Classics' style Springer will of course not be the same mold as FP Warbot.
    So your comparison does not apply at all.

Even as a proud owner of Warbot, I'd WELCOME with open arms a new Hasbro triple-changer Springer.

But keep laughing, smiley.

6. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    This Post confuses me.

I bought mine at its original cost at release. Its a Fansroject masterpiece with Die Cast. Has weapons (Sharp Blades) that would never pass Hasbro's safety for children. Its in a class beyond a standard deluxe\Voyager release.

If they do happen to release a new version, I would just buy that as well.

7. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Well played. Well said. Bravo sir. Fine points.

8. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was rumoured that an 'armoured' Ultra Magnus would be designed for the Universe line. Nothing ever came of that and people who bought City Commander early got the last laugh.

9. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So you're basically trying to start a flame war? This is your basic bitch that it is out of your price range, so you are trying to make yourself feel better by making it sound like any second the news will drop of a Hasbro Springer. You say "triple changers are VERY well loved..." which ones are you referring to? The Animated Blitzwing that shelfwarmed and was eventually clearanced? Or are you referring to G1 triple changers that only do so well because of nostalgia? Maybe the craptacular RID Megatron?

IF Hasbro releases a Springer and IF It is as cool as Warbot, those of us who have him will be more than happy to have both.
    I am a fansproject completist, so IF Hasbro decides to make thier own version of every single thing made by FP it will not effect me in the slightest.
    I will still look at MY Collection and know that it is exactly what I want.

I have the money to buy what I want, when I want and in the quantity that I want.

:lol  <----- Me laughing

Live and let live.

10. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

I disagree entirely. Many folks said when the GoD set was put out that Hasbro would never release those seekers at retail. They were wrong. Furthermore weve seen Hasbro create plenty of new 86' movie-style "classics" molds already (includeing a triplechanger). My points stand sir...and i will indeed continue laughing.

@Sioce: Triplechangers are well loved because they are 3 toys in one dude lol....and no, im not trying to start anything but a thought-provoking conversation. And dude, seriously, Fansproject didnt make Springer first...Hasbro did. So they wouldnt be makeing something they didnt make LOOONG before FP.

Im telling you guys...after this movie phases out Springer will be one of the next ones. Mark my words.

11. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

Same here. I only got my Warbot to replace the official Universe Voyager Springer. I can't see Hasbro bothering with another Springer, with the existence of the Voyager AND Warbot(and Botcon) much more likely to see Blitzwing or Broadside.

12. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

Yeah but Broadside was never as liked as Springer Dan.

13. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    still do not understand why? People who own Warbot, like myself, are enjoying this figure now. As in now, now. When will this theoretical Hasbro version come out? Even if it came out tomorrow, I would just buy it for retail, and still have Warbot.

If some one really felt burnt, they could just sell Warbot and buy a lot of Hasbro Springers. Fanproject toys seem to hold their value.

14. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    Like I said before: Hasbro's Springer will not be the FansProject mold! In my collection, I have plenty of room for differing versions of the same character.

The only way Hasbro could slightly piss me off is if they bought FansProject's Warbot mold and then produced a $14,99 exact replica of Warbot. And I'd honestly be happy for the people who'd be able to finally afford it. But that's just not going to happen.

15. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And I'll be laughing when people try to justify buying the next sub-par piece of shit that they slap the name Springer on with things like "price" and "brand".

... or, should I say, "continue to laugh"?

16. IhsantheCursed

IhsantheCursed Banned

True, but with almost two and a half decades of collecting TFs under my belt, I can tell you that the theoretical has a way of occuring sometimes with what Hasbro/Takara decides to release.

17. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had no idea that Hasbro ever made a Springer. You sir have made my life just a little better with your vast and extensive knowledge of toys. My ignorance bows in the light of your awesomeness. /sarcasm

I meant a classics Springer, and you knew that.

There has not been a single "great" triple changer in my opinion until Defender.

Astrotrain and Octane both shelfwarmed like it was thier freaking job.

I also got my Defender for under retail ;) 

18. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice job trolling the entire board with that title.

19. Sioce

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This with a side of this with this drizzled all over the top of this.

20. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hasbro already released an official springer, so did botcon. considering that the hasbro one might come out looking like the idw one, and i'm more than happy with defender, have been since release day. and will put an official triple-changing springer next to him on the shelf, like the others that there are multiples of in classics. won't bother me in the slightest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.