To cancel or not to cancel

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rodimus Mike, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Hey all,

I need some help,after pre-ordering MP Grimlock from BBTS back in Oct.08
    I just seen TF Source has him cheaper by about $9 for a C9 Box,I also
    don't care whether the box is mint or not,should I cancel my Preorder for
    him on BBTS and get him from TFS?.

Also is TF Source better at getting figures earlier than BBTS or vice versa?

Finally if this is in the wrong place sorry,I couldn't find anywhere else to
    put it.Thanks.

2. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I usually by all my new stuff from TFSource. They usually get stuff a week or so later than BBTS from what I have seen recently(with MP Thundercracker and MP Rollar). TFSource does pack really well and when you order a mint box you get a mint box. It does suck to have to wait a little longer though.

3. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Don't forget that, generally, TFSource also charges more for shipping than BBTS. You have to research each figure. I'd think for something as large as the MP series, TFSource is going to charge more.

If BBTS is cheaper then you need to prioritize which is more important to you - waiting a week or two to save some money or getting it now and paying a bit more.

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From what I understand, TFSource buys some of their imports from BBTS.

5. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Any reason why TFSource would do this? Don't they have their own contacts on import stuff? It just seems like their profit margin would be alot less if they were going through two distributors.

On a side note, TFSource has amazing packaging quality - if you choose the "mint" option you get a mint figure. And with MPs, you're already paying so much anyway, what's another couple dollars to make sure the box is dent and soft-corner free?

6. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Where did you hear that?

I've talked personally to Curt many times over the last 5 years or so, he never mentioned that to me.

7. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

Make sure that it's cheaper with the total (tax if applicable and shipping).

Personally, I use the POL with BBTS, so I buy most of my stuff from them then save on shipping.

8. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

9 bucks is 9 bucks. I like BBTS's pile of loot feature (I don't know if tfsource does something similar) so I will always use BBTS.

9. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Yeah, you'd have to figure the cost difference after shipping. TF Source does charge a bit more for shipping than BBTS. Also, on pre-orders TF Source makes you pay upfront, non-refundable.

Keep that in mind. I like both stores, but I use BBTS a bit more for the Pile Of Loot feature. Saves me tons of money on shipping.

10. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

i think you should just cancel it all togehter and use that money for something else, the toy is waaaaaaaaaaay over priced