to buy or not to buy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mat`amit, Apr 22, 2008.

1. mat`amit

mat`amit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    hi guys need ur opinions about something. i'm interested in buying g1 combiners. however seeing as how takara is making reissues of g1 figures like upcoming omega & metroplex through encore and henkei/classic series makes me wonder, will they also include the combiners in the list?
    so my problem is should i buy vintage ones offered in ebay or wait and hope for official reissues? same goes for dinobots...hope u guys can help. thanks

2. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I was wondering the same thing about Overlord. Should I buy a vintage Overlord or wait to see if Takara ever reissues him?

3. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    It's really hard to predict what's gonna come out in encore, the last few have been a bit out of left field.

I would say that it's always worth it to splash out on some decent quality vintage G1, and you can always pick up extra Reissues for relatively cheap.

4. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From what I understand, Dinobots are never going to happen, Grimlock is the only one that probably has a shot.

Apparently Hasbro and Takara have no desire to do combiners, because they are so heavily KOd and many of the molds are destroyed/missing. Predaking was reissued a few years ago, and Hasbro has a thing for the Bruticus mold (RID, Armada, Universe). Also the seacons are being reissued in the collector's club in different colours from the originals. I would not say it is impossible, but you are probably safe in picking up Devastator, Superion, Menasor, and Computron ( I would F$%king love if they reissued Computron).

However I think any major characters featured in TF2 have a really excellent shot being reissued.

5. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Personally I wouldn't get your hopes up for combiner reissues.

6. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

To me vintage G1 always trumps re-issues. They just ... I don't know ... feel better.