To anyone that saw Battle:LA (Possible Battle LA and Transformers 3 Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos328, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    Do you think Dark of the Moon will kinda be like Battle Los Angeles.

How the Marines really had No Air Support or Reinforcements. All they had was each other. As Aliens were shooting down any Air Craft that tried to come help?

Also how it showed that the Aliens were all over the city. Do you think the Decepticons will be that big in Numbers.

Also do you think many Autobots will die, like how many Marines were getting Killed Off

2. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Was battle LA directed by Michael Bay? If not what makes you think they will be like each other? Chances are the human military forces will have little too do with the bot vs con war this time around since it's a transformers movie and not an aliens vs humans movie (well sort of but this is aliens vs aliens and humans).

3. Chaos328

Chaos328 Decepticon

News Credits:
    How won't they be alike in some way. They both had the same Premise, Aliens All out Invade the city, and Start Destroying Everything and Everyone in their sight.

4. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

That happens in all alien invasion movies.

5. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    i hope to christ NOT!!

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    By that logic, you can glean the plot of Goodfellas by watching the Godfather instead.

7. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

I CAN see where you are coming from, but I doubt it. I personally don't think the Autobots are going to get wasted, or anything close to that.

I also think there won't be huge amounts of Decepticons either.
    I'd call it similar if it was confined to Chicago, like LA was confined to LA, but I know that isn't the case in TF3

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

What's funny is that some of the reviews say it's like Blackhawk Down with aliens when that's one of the way's Bay has been describing Dark of the Moon.

I'm not sure if Hollywood just kind of runs in cycles where people get the same sort of idea at once or if people just keep saying Blackhawk down because they figure most people these days haven't seen the 1960 version of The Alamo or the 1964 film Zulu. Don't get me wrong Blackhawk Down is a great film but it's not the only film about outnumbered soldiers cut off from reinforcements or supplies.

9. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

I'm off to see that movie, tomorrow. I'm a hardcore TF fans and hate anyone that tries to copy them, but I cannot wait for this film!

10. Hokimus Prime

Hokimus Prime Member

I just saw it and I thought it sucked bad. It was just horribly written and if you think Bay has bad shaky cam wait till you see this. No motivation for the aliens and you barely see them in 2 hours. The idea was really good the execution was god awful.

11. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

Was it really that bad, what did the aliens look like anyway.

12. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Did you even watch the movie? You see the aliens plainly and often, and it is very clearly stated that
    the aliens are colonizing Earth because it is the only planet close to them with an abundance of liquid water, which they use to fuel their technology, and possibly even their own bodies.

And Cliff, they kinda looked like Bionicles. As in; wiry, robotic looking cyborg kinda guys. I remember their heads looking kinda like Black Manta's helmet. Try googling them, they have a neat design.

13. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

Did they have screentime or was just the humans

14. ebar5

ebar5 Well-Known Member

they had some screentime, although it was mostly humans.just finished watching the movie

15. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    They were everywhere constantly, but not often focused on, so as to keep them mysterious and scary. And I mean that in a literal way: the camera did not often have them in focus, but it had a few shots of them that allowed you to get a good look at them. They definitely had enough screening though. Can't fight a war without someone to shoot, right? :lol 

16. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It may bode ill for TF3 if they are too similar...I can imagine critics would have a field day calling it a Battle: LA ripoff or just dismissing it as worse than B:LA. Heck, 3 out of 5 newspaper reviews I've read for B:LA have taken obligatory potshots at the Transformers movies, so the comparison will definitely be prominent regardless of plot similarities.

17. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    well i think we can all agree that tf3 will be better than battle la because for one:we're all tf fans, and two:the transformers(aliens) will have waaay more screentime with dialog(yah,bet battle la had that too..).

18. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    well the critics can go to hell.they had a plot for tf3 before tf2 came out,waaaay before battle la so they cant say shit! and if this is the best tf movie yet, they better not bash on it like rotf.

19. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh? The plot for TF3 was written before TF2? First I have heard of that.

And i'm pretty sure a critic can say whatever they like about TF3.

20. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

Battle: LA was dynamite. I can best describe it as a mashup of Aliens, Band of Brothers, and Blackhawk Down.

Unlike most of the action/war movies released lately it held a positive view of the military and its members without devolving into over the top flag-waving a la Independence Day.

I thought they had a good balance to the strength of the bad guys - IE, their technology was advanced, but it was stuff that was advanced to the point we could forseeably see similar things in say 50 years - cyborg implants, remote piloted drones, tracking in on small unit radio signals, etc. It wasn't like they were superpowered and only beatable by a McGuffin.