To All The Haters

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RealLifeProwl, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealLifeProwl

RealLifeProwl Member

This is for all the haters that have been posting since the movie came out..

If u think u can do better....please by all means

1. design characters that wont get butchered on a daily basis by the fans
    2. try not to make it a 5 hour movie
    3. make sure it doesnt offend anyone--anywhere
    4. make it seem like..well.. REAL

remeber this is the year 2007, not 1984... e-volve a little will ya

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

QFT. I stand behind this completly.

3. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

This statement is saying nothing IMO. Are you reducing anyone with any critical comments to haters?

4. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

You have valid points but in my opinion there is no perfect TF movie. There could never be one movie that please all fans.

Just let the haters dwell in their hate. They will join the darkside and wont be able to see the TF toys in 2526 like the rest of us.

5. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

Well, since you asked, here's some of the things I would have changed:

1) Distinguish Jazz, Ironhide, and Rachet from each other a little bit more. For all intents and purposes, these three were interchangable. I don't think Rachet and Ironhide even left each other's side the entire movie. Think of movies like "X-Men 2" or "A Bug's Life", where each member of the group had a distinctive role in making things happen.

2) Ditto for the Decepticons. Scorponok was kinda neat, but he never actually transformed into anything; Bonecrusher and Brawl were wasted; Starscream was all but ignored. I'd have thrown Scorponok away, replaced him with Starscream in all his scenes, and replaced Brawl with Bonecrusher. With a little effort, come to think of it, replacing both of them in those scenes with a triple-changing Blitzwing could probably have worked.

3) Explain exactly what it takes to kill a Transformer early on. There's no good reason why what killed Jazz and Bonecrusher didn't kill Bumblebee and Frenzy.

4) Throw out all the scenes where Bumblebee tries to help Sam romance Mikayla (or however you spell her name). It's funny but pointless.

5) Take the fun scene of the Autobots hiding out in Sam's backyard, and edit it down to half the length.

6) Introduce Sector Seven a LOT earlier in the film, like right after Blackout's appearance in Qatar.

7) Take those teenagers working for the Pentagon's signal analysis team and throw them out of the story completely. The only useful thing they did in the entire film was to call in the Air Force at the very end, and anybody else could have done that on their behalf. Heck, an Autobot could have done it for them and dealt with Frenzy at the same time. I nominate Rachet, for reasons already covered in (1).

8) Have Megatron actually pick up Sam and try to squish him before the final death scene. Having Sam just stand on the ground shooting cubes up into the air lacked a certain dramatic punch for me.

6. RealLifeProwl

RealLifeProwl Member

Not as much haters.... well ya kind of.
    i mean, come on, michael bay stepped up and made a real life, twentyfirst century movie based off of toys and cartoons.. not comics like ghost rider or ff4, or old tv shows like batman or superman.
    to say things like michael bay s**cked at making this, or there wasnt enough dialoge or the jokes were bad, is obsurd.

sure there were parts of the movie that in my mind i thought could have been better, thats my opinion.
    but to judge it solely on your own standards and expectations is totally childish...

the thing to remember is that this was made to please the old, the new and the "what are transformers (not that i think there are many of them out there) fans.

7. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    The only one I agree with is 7. All of your other suggestions would have made it boring for the average viewer, and quite frankly, to many fans.

I only have two complaints.

1. They needed to trim about 15 minutes from the movie.

2. Every movie that incorporates "hacking" computers does it in such a silly non-realistic way. Yeah, let's take some slob who lives with his grandma and he has this magical program that can take audio signals and magically extract alien symbols out of it. Every time a movie does stuff like that, I cringe. Replacing the silly analysis team crap with something much more clear cut (Like having the Cybertronian symbols embedded within the system, and the govt. cross referencing the symbols with their database.) Would have tightened up the middle a lot nicer.

Issue 2 solves issue 1.

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry, I think what you're saying is obsurd. So because it's a big producer/big money film no one can say anything critical about it? Huh?

And I don't care about Michael Bay or all the other things extreme haters go on about and neither do a lot of other people who make critical comments.

And you're judging both the movie and others based on your own standards and expectations.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

snip - TFW2005 Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2007
  10. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

Make it better? No problem! We got:

75% pointless Human BS filler / 25% TRANSFORMERS

I'll make it

75% TRANSFORMERS / 25% pointless Human BS filler

There ya go! Done!

11. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Honestly. Stop intentionally trying to pick fights, it makes you look retarded.

12. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

I agree, and also add that most of the whiners complaining no semblance to G1, not enough robot interaction, not enough robot character buildup, too much human interaction, or no welker are people that have no idea what they are talking about. All they want is things to be like the 80's cartoon, and don't really care about the mass public. Most are greedy. As long as it fits THEIR personal vision it is good, even if it gets the general public lost or not interested in the movie.

What they are really pissed off at is that this is not a G1 movie. Lets face it, its not. They didn't get the movie THEY want, so they will kick, whine, scream, baby, crow, and even give death threats to Michael Bay. You know what? I want a good Robotech movie. This is not the movie I want, but im not bitching. I am just in realization that I didn't get the movie I want. Those people need to get lives or something.

13. juuubart

juuubart Active Member

QFT.

these G1 purists need to move on.

14. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

snippady - TFW2005 Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2007
  15. Alpha-trion

Alpha-trion Sentai Warrior

This movie was the closest thing to G1. I think about all these other cartoons like RID, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron. All of these cartoon were excepted with ease and grace. Why not this movie. For some see this movie maybe the first time anyone seen Transformers all togeather. Yes Welker would have been a nice touch. But nothing is perfect. I felt the Venom character in Spider-Man 3 was given the shitty end of the stick. But what can I do except hope for a better sequal. If you didn't like the movie go out and direct your own version. Rob Zombie is doing that with Halloween, personally I think he should leave it alone, but I'll give it a chance. It is all about perception.

If you have a better vision of a Transformers movie than make it. THis is a free country, and freedom is the right of all sentient beings.

16. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I enjoyed the movie, in fact I fucking loved it.

That is besides the point, but I thought it needed to be said. Now, onto my point.

Many people do have legitimate complaints about the movie, and I have to agree with a few of them (very few).

Now, I would just like to point out the horrible logic the tc has used.

The whole, "you don't like it? see if you can do it better" logic is complete and utter bull shit. It is the most stupid, flawed logic you could use.

That's like saying you can't boo a sports team if you aren't a professional athlete. It's like saying you need to be head chef of a 5 star restaraunt to be able to say a meal sucks. It is horrible logic.

17. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    i was a g1 skeptic the game changed my mind. today i saw the movie and was completely blown away! i think for anyone who dident like this movie needs to take up stamp collecting or something else equally as fun.

18. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

I don't agree. They got the movie they wanted in 1986, I really don't understand what all the fuss is about :D 

19. Godconvoy

Godconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then how should one judge it then?
    Is sucked an obscene word, or was it something else you were censoring?
    Why is it absurd to make the statement that there wasn't enough dialoge or that the jokes were of poor quality?
    I thought both Batman and Superman were based off of the comics and not the old TV show that about half or more of the audience doesn't remember or have never seen.

Just saying.

20. The Demolisher

The Demolisher Banned

Why should they even bother responding if you're going to call them Haters?

We are not CGI Experts. This is like if an operation goes wrong, saying, "Oh yeah? Well if you think he butchered that Triple Bypass, you try doing one!".

It is ridiculous to say that people who have no skill of a certain thing have no right to judge others who do and may mis-use that skill or not live up to their own standards.

Uh, so in other words we have to make our own movie before we can diss this one? If we could, we probably wouldn't care about "This" movie.

Also, "Dragging on" is one thing the current movie is rather guilty of. It wouldn't be hard to do one shorter.

Impossible. Doesn't mean that they didn't have to piss off quite so many people as they did, though. There's a lot more than just a lunatic fringe involved here.

See 1). Designs that better resemble the originals would not have made the movie seem any less real - Jazz, who has the same basic design as his G1 self(light colour, pointy helmet, carfront chest with black on it, similiar leg design, similiar wheel placement) looks at least as real as Megatron, or in fact, more real.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.