To all previous Botcon attendees - so how does it work with the exclusive toys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JetBrawn, Apr 28, 2007.

1. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

We know about the seekers set. Isn't there usually some sort of "freebie" toy too? Is it usually only for the conference attendees?

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You may want to check some of the threads in the convention forum for details, as this has been discussed pretty frequently.

Usually, though, there is a giveaway (which has been basic-sized in the past) and two sets of attendee-only exclusives for purchase. Last year was two basics in one set and a voyager & basic in the other.

3. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    Yes there's usually other Botcon exclusives for sale there. I've never been but i think the Megs and Waspinator were an example of that last year. I'm hoping to get lucky and have some one pick them up for me.

4. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. JetBrawn

JetBrawn Intergalactic SUV

thanks a lot, Ams

(didn't even see there was a Convention board! - it never caught my attention until I saw the convention exclusive seekers)

now I see, the freebie is the basic they send in the mail to Club members. In this case, a clear repaint of an Arielbot

6. ams

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not quite - the clear Energon repaint is part of a multi-year combiner set for club members, and isn't related to the convention. In five years (now two left to go), club members will have all five parts to complete the combiner.

The convention attendee freebie is usually related to the figures in the boxset. Last year it was Tigatron, a repaint of Cheetor from the boxset. Most people are surmising that it will be Sunstorm this year, although that would be the first deluxe freebie from FP.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Nope.
    The Club exclusive is the clear jet (named Breakaway).
    The attendee exclusive (the freebie you're thinking if) is a different toy altogether.
    2005 gave us Flamewar, a repaint of Energon Arcee (also in the box set as Chromia). 2006 gave us Tigatron, a repaint of Cybertron Clocker (also in the box set as Cheetor).