To all G1 TF fans going to Botcon 2007 - A Humble Request!

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Sylver1432, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Sylver1432

Sylver1432 Member

Hello All! I just wanted to pop on here with an idea. To all those G1 TF fans lucky enough to be going to Botcon 2007 in RI, I have a request.

I was saddened to hear recently that Mr. Peter Cullen NEVER received ANY of the fan mail sent to him/Optimus Prime when he was working on the show in the 80's. Not one letter. Zilch. Nada. What in the world did Hasbro/Takara do with it all?!? Wallpaper their houses?

So, I thought it might be a good idea to try and get SOME of it to Mr. Cullen. I know it's a real long-shot after so long, but I'm sure there are a few fan letters or "My Hero" school papers floating around somewhere in closets or basements of TF fans.

So, "Calling all G1 TF fans!!!" Raid your closets! Get up into those attics, down into those basements! Dig up those letters you were too chicken to send. Find those impassioned essays you wrote in school. (You know you did!) :grin: Bring them with you to Botcon 2007, and give them to Mr. Cullen with a big smile on your face! He's a nice guy, he won't read it in front of you! The man deserves his fan mail!

And Hasbro/Takara, if you still have ANY of it in your vaults somewhere, have the courtesy to find it and give it to him! Please.

2. 138 Scourge

138 Scourge WE R 138

That...is actually a really cool idea.

I recently found some fanmail I was going to send to Marvel's TF comic back around, I think...issue 27 or so. Don't think I ever wrote any to Peter Cullen, though.

If anyone does this, though, you might specify that it's fanmail from when you were a lot younger, though. Can you imagine if he sees the letter and thinks..."Oh my god, a guy in his thirties wrote this...?"

3. Kupp

Kupp Ford Fanboy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow, I made a paper mache Powermaster Optimus Prime mask in middle school. It should still be 'arround' here somewhere. God I remember making that thing so well.

It would be interesting to give him that.

4. Sylver1432

Sylver1432 Member

That's cool! Me, I made a G1 Optimus Prime out of my brother's Legos... Long gone tho! But, bring whatever you can find. Fan letters, essays, things you made, diary entries, whatever. Mr. Cullen has kids and a grandson of his own, so I think he'd actually enjoy that kind of thing. :) 

5. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't go this year, and I don't have any old fan letters...but if I'd be willing to write a new one to toss in the pile if someone's spearheading a collection.

6. Sylver1432

Sylver1432 Member

Hi! Thanks so much for the positive feedback! I'm glad that someone else thinks it's a good idea. :) 

7. Sylver1432

Sylver1432 Member

Hi Hobbes-timus! Hey, go for it! If I was going this year, I'd take it for you, but my money situation is a bit shaky, so I doubt I'll be able to make it. But, write it up, and send it off with someone you know who's going. Hmm. I might even take my own advice..... ;o)

8. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd be happy to take all of the fan letters! I'll be making it to the con this year.

Any word if Cullen is actually going to be there?

9. Sylver1432

Sylver1432 Member

Well, I heard from friends that are going to Botcon that Mr. Cullen is going to be there. However, I haven't seen any info either way on the Botcon website yet...

10. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

And are these friends people who are in charge of the convention? Because honestly those people are the only ones who'd know and secondly they'd announce it officially. And would tell friends about it as the Convention people are pretty hush-hush about revealing info unofficially