To all 2005 and TF Fan Veterans - Please Read

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Overlord II

Overlord II Starscreamicon Leader TFW2005 Supporter

I know I said this a while ago...but then I started seeing the new signatures and comments in this forum..

While I still stand by the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinion ( and yes I have come down on the negative side of the vote), the way it is expressed is vile and unneccessary. If you don't like something fine express your displeasure but I don't think death threats against Michael Bay and similar comments about childhoods are appropriate.

edit---I just really looked at the closed threads wow----just wow.

2. Xformermike

Xformermike LAZY

Hahaha, after all these years it's finally admitted that the regulars (or "vets") can be a pretty harsh at times.

Geez, I might start participating on boards more again. ;) 

3. zailand

zailand Well-Known Member

Ello guys, and ladies, if any..
    I'm a newbie. U vet guys r cool. And NIDARAM12 is funny.

I joined TFW coz I saw many world class kitbash works happenin in here. The amount of knowledge, especialy from Ops_was_a_truck, on kitbashing is gigantaurus. I kant spell the word. Anyway, I've seen here in TFW, there r numbers of kitbashes which don't belong to any TF camp, which I think is cool. So I made one kitbash which is not G1 or whadevuh. And some people like it, or in a good spirit .said something nice about it.

The live-action movie, unfortunately, is definitely not a G1 concept, which is not what I expected. I want a friggin G1 live-action, but the movie makers have their own kitbash idea for the characters, which doesn't relate to any TF camp. So I will accept this movie as a unique kitbash work from a group of artists, whom might also be the hardcore G1 fans.

Anyway, I like the idea of robot with lots of limbs, especially on the feet part. Do robot wear shoes or the movie version of TF feet is practical? to walk the earth. I will definitely enjoy the live-action movie.

Am I bumping on old thread?

cheers.

4. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

that was me for the longest time, and i have many friends and such that still wont.. i didnt get into the message board thing until last year.... but that was mainly to pass the time that yahoo was eating up... i browsed a few boards, because of google... and yeah im new to tfw2005, but thats only because the board i was active in has gone to the birds, and i didnt know this place was as cool as it was until recently

5. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

I think, in my opinion, the fact that another movie is being done at all is a good thing. Remember, the animated movie did poorly at the box office, But look how we reguard it. I'll admit I started on G1, But some of newer series (Even though I still have trouble wrapping my mind around Beast wars) has shown that it still works for people, and enjoy popularity. As for the designs, they actually seemed to look at it from a Physics perspective so that the designs make a pass for plausible.

6. optimus_prime_rules_007

optimus_prime_rules_007 Banned

I know lots of TF fans who refuse to post on this board, Seibertron, Allspark, whereever, simply because they feel intimidated by the way some people on those boards react.

The fact is we all have different opinions and views and if one person says the movie sucks, so what, let them say it, don't jump on them for it.

Start banning these stupid terms I've been reading all day around here since joining like "Geewun" first of all, it's G1, get it right, stop being arrogant pricks about it we're all capable of being nice and it doesn't mean that someone who's a new person should be taken any less serious. I know TF fans who don't post who make most people here look like they know nothing about TF's. Just accept that because someone is new they don't know anything.

Stop using the term n00b, for goodness sake, no one likes to be called names and remember, there was a time you were n00b's too, so let it go.

just my 2 cents.

7. Cyber Bishop

Cyber Bishop Ker-Klick... Choom!

Ebay:
    This is one of the most ******ed words I have ever seen to describe fans of G1.

Opinions are alright as long as everyone respects each others and does not try to cram them down others throats.

We are all TF fans when it boils down to it so there is no room for hostility.

Respect for others..

8. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The term geewun means exactly the same as G1, well to me anyways.

Also, n00b means you are new to a site. Welcome. The term NEWB, on the other hand, means you are acting like you have no clue what you're doing.

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

"Geewun" is typically only ever used around here when someone is unreasonable hostile and offensive to anything that isn't Generation 1 and anyone who likes non-G1 stuff. Most people who use "geewun" actually love G1, and don't call it "geewun" when having conversations with intelligent, reasonable people, except for comedic effect (such as in parody of the type of fan that goes on wild rants against anything new).

10. optimus_prime_rules_007

As I said, I've been reading around all day and that isn't what I see when the term is used.

11. flamepanther

I've been reading around on this board for the last two years. I don't know how the term might get used on other message boards, but I know how it gets used here.

12. vector

vector City Commander

Ebay:
    I do not think that being called a "newb" is degrading or any one person looking down on another for being new. We all know that at one point we all were.

13. optimus_prime_rules_007

And how is 2 years any more valid than my one day? I see it a certain way, you don't, so obviously if anyone else feels the way I do then the issue needs to be addressed.

Don't tell other people how to feel, you have no idea how I or anyone else interprets something posted here, to assume to tell me I am wrong for how I see a word used is rude. I take the term as insulting, just as I take the term n00b or NEWB or any other way you want to spell it. It doesn't make my point any less valid simply becuse you've been on these boards longer.

14. Cyber Bishop

Cyber Bishop Ker-Klick... Choom!

Ebay:
    I know of a person on another board that hates G1 so she uses the geewun term all the time when referring to G1 fans..
    She is quite a bitch..
    She argues and when her arguments sway in the other persons favor she starts using the Geewun as a "slam".
    Not to mention as a word it just looks silly... :D 

15. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Dude, you seriously need to calm down.

16. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Look, I honestly mean this in the lightest way I can, but one of the other key factors of enjoying these boards is to recognize that NOT EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET YOU. Some folks will be civil, some will be harsh, and others will just be downright goofy.

The terms Geewun and noob, to be absolutely honest, are staple terms that are part of the internet experience here, at TFW2005. Take them or leave them, they're one of the many elements of interaction on this site that will be relatively omnipresent. There will always be diehard fans that show up here, see that term, and use it in defense of their childhood favorites. Similarly, there will be people who see the term, appreciate the humor of the misspelling, and use it to slander others. Then another person might use it entirely differently. The fact remains - it's here to stay.

Similarly, "noob" is one of these one-word internet memes which has become a generally-accepted element of the internet. It brings with it some contextual references which, simply, are probably going to stick around as long as new folks come to new message boards, regardless of the board, the content or the people involved. Quite honestly, fighting against or trumpeting hatred of the term "noob" further encourages usage of the term.

Now, no one is ever going to tell you to just go away. Personally, I won't. However, TFW - much like any other message board site - does have a series of in-jokes, inter-contextual references and internet memes all its own, which may take weeks, if not months, to figure out. Nearly none of them are meant in genuine spite, and those that are are pretty easy to spot.

Remember, we're here for fun.

17. flamepanther

It's called "experience," lad. You should learn to appreciate it.
    I'm not telling you how to feel, I'm telling you how it's normally meant when it gets used. If you're going to be offended by it even when it's not meant to be offensive, then the problem is with you and your attitude, not with everyone else.
    Fortunately, the mods here tend to ban that sort of person. Same with "geewunners" who habitually go ballistic.

18. RHansen

RHansen Veteran

News Credits:
    ok, optimus_prime_rules_007 is gone from this thread, carry on folks

19. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I can just add something in for the new comers.

There is defiantly sort of a smart-alecky tone the regular’s tent to take with each other and some time new comers find themselves on the receiving end of it. It can come off as that person being a jerk (not that there anen't jerks but you know) even though they meant it as goofing around. So just try to roll with and soon you’ll “get the hang” of TFW and all will be fine.

20. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Showing a little leg helps as well.