To all 2005 and TF Fan Veterans - Please Read

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tony_Bacala, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    This forum is going to experience a large influx of new users, people who haven't really participated in the Transformers community until now, due to the upcoming movie.

I am asking you veterans to cut back on the harshness in your tone when posting in here. Remember, these folks just coming in may not know anything, even stuff posted last week.

They may only be here "because they remembered Transformers as a kid" and saw some movie hype somewhere else. So the inevitable "G1 RULEZ" and "Soundwave should be a tape deck" thing is bound to happen. DON'T rip them a new ass for being fresh. At one point we all were. Let them have fun experiencing all this again.

Treat this forum with a lighter attitude, and enjoy the fun the movie hype is going to create. Mabey we can help mold some new Transfans along the way.

The MODs in here will be warning folks who may get a little hard with the newbies, so be fore warned.

Keep it FUN.

Later!

2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Serious question

How should we handle the inevitable people who are 1-trick ponies.

What I mean is the following.

What about people who register JUST to cause a ruckus with their "If the movie isn't G1 and Cullen isn't Prime I'll boycott" type posts.Obviously they aren't looking to be a positive part of 2005 just a typical troublemaker

And I doubt they're as new as they let on,they've probably browsed as a guest for year.Just that NOW they decide to register and post.

Because I know that'll happen.

I've seen people like that before.The first clue is usually when you BARELY can comprhend thei post because the improper grammar and over tone of the post itself

This was a question I mean to ask but this sticky seemed like the best place to ask :) 

3. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

Possibly the best way to handle them would be to ignore them or disregard them. Seriously, if your feeling some kind of emotional reaction to someone's post, just take a step back. Let someone say the inevitable, get it out of their system, and move on (untill the next poster comes in and does the same thing :D  ).

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You shouldn't do anything. If someone gets out of hand, like any forum here, ignore it and let the mods handle it. But if people on here jump on that person, then they will recieve a warning for it.

5. Roddimus Prime

Roddimus Prime Destined For Greatness

Shaun C, is obviuosly refering to me, I've met people like him before who believe that their way is always right and shouldn't be questioned, if that is true then the world would not exist as it is today, unlike him my life does not revolve around sitting at computer every second of my life, Other then that i have no problem with hearing anyone elses views which was what i posted it for to get constructive criticism not some know it all on a power trip.

EDIT BY RHansen: No need for name calling, on any grounds.

6. Roddimus Prime

oops

7. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    we dont need to turn this into a bashing thread, its a thread to prevent bashing. If you have a problem with him, please speak with him about it through PM's or, talk to one of us Mod's via PM's.

As for how to handle people that come to create a problem, as Joe said, ignore them, we will take care of them.

8. Roddimus Prime

Accepted annd apologetic to any one offended but i was just expressing my views i think u guys do a great job and did not come on here to start trouble simple as that as my alter ego says "till all are one" but although i am a die hard g1 fan i can't wait to see what they come up with because i believe it will be the evolutionary link that revives The Transformers.

9. DESTRO

DESTRO Cobra Arms Dealer Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Welcome to the G1 camp of the movie. We just want to make sure nobody thinks thay can bash you for your ideas on the new Movie. There will be a lot of "New People" on TFW and we don't want them to feel unwelcome.

10. Shaun_C

I wasn't even thinking of you when I said that.I was referring to other boards were what I described is pretty prevelant :) 

As well as a POORLY written online petition regarding the movie.

11. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yes til all are one! Roddimus :thumb 

anyway the same exact thing happend on a Star Wars Forum I was on, as soon as the new prequel came out people who knew nothing about the old trilogy came and people who were old die hard fans were gettting on their case and it was all out war! There is a new era of TFs and TF fans coming be prepared!

Seriously on an online forum not everyone speaks perfect english, some people might even be really young or have learning disabilities and might not write things right or correct or spell correct. Try to remember that too! :wink: 

:horse: 

12. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I should also point out that some of the mods and regular posters might want to hold their tongue when an older thread is bumped by a new person. It happened recently a few times in TFGD to be met with the usual snarkiness.

They don't know all the rules yet, so why not just stick to politely informing people that it's common courtesy not to bump a more-than-one-month-old thread? Be smart. Be nice.

13. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:

thank you for clearing that up Shaun_C :)  I'm sure Roddimus appreciates it as well.

I agree with you here Ops, even the regular board members and mods are going to be toning it down if possible in this particular forum, as for not knowing all the rules, nobody ever will, since they are growing and changing every day, we can only do our best in common sence to try and make this the best place for new transfans, or just movie fans in general.

14. Shaun_C

Well I didn't WANT to clear it up per say.As I personally feel nothing I said was directed towards any ONE person.But it's my peaceful nature,so if I have to explain myself in detail I will,if it stops a fight :) 

Since it's been known FROM THE START that this movie isn't a G1 movie.Shouldn't we correct people who come in with G1-esque posts.Stating "This movie needs to be G1 to succeed" I mean the truth*With tact mind you*should be told.And if they can't/won't accept it that's fine.But they can't post next year stating "Why wasn't it G1" when they already for a year.

But yes I'm perfectly capable of speaking my mind w/o being rude.I might tell it like it is,but I'm hardly ever rude :) 

And why not just make it a rule not to bump threads over 4 weeks old?Otherwise we'll have newbs bumping those old Original VA threads from a few pages back.

Therefore when they say "I didn't know" it's their fault for not reading the rules to begin with

15. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I don't see why we should have a rule about not bringing back old topics, maybe some new info may have surfaced that applies.

Of course, we are talking about a bunch of new n00bs that won't have anything relevent to add other than "OMG thats neet".

Perhaps we could just delete threads after a month or two of inactivity?

16. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    *puts away n00b! and geewun sucks! emoticons*

Ok... if I have to...

;) 

17. butz

butz slippery when wet

This kind of respect towards new members sounds really cool. I think I'll go ahead and sign up as a member here at TFW2005.

18. Roddimus Prime

now That all that is sorted out can't we all just get along i mean one thing is for sure let it be armada, g1, beast wars they are all transformer fans TILL ALL ARE ONE

19. Shaun_C

You bring up a good point MMM

Maybe the Admins should take a cue from the Transformers Live board and sticky threads that would most likely be bumped by a newbie :) 

That might solve the solution a bit

Kind of like when "Dancing Soundwave" was stickied.To avoid numerous new posters reposting it over and over again.

I mean does the board REALLY need numerous "Cullen should be Prime" or "Insult Bay" type threads? :lol 

20. Shaun_C

:lol  :lol 

Only a TF fan would use that line :p