TMNT Road Ready Don - He turns into Jazz!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Phoenix Blaze, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

He turns into Jazz! It's awesome! Very tempted to get some Jazz reprolabels and make it even more of a crossover! A very nifty toy from the early 90s. Transformation segment seems boring....maybe some added music would make it better!

So please, watch, Like, maybe even Subscribe!

‪Vigaview - Road Ready Donatello‬‏ - YouTube

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'm impressed that they could get such a nice alt mode out of that figure, especially when you consider the era during which this was made. It's deceptively good.

3. Phoenix Blaze

I think because Hasbro was doing the last of G2 if anything, we never got to see what they could've done at that time. These toys, while a bit gommy in their Turtle (robot) mode has excellent alt modes that are essentially deluxes. Of course having a big shell and very odd proportions helps to cover up the transformations but they're very smart and really put Hasbro to shame for the time.

I'm definitely going to be buying the rest of the various vehicles out there once I've had my Transformers fill at Auto Assembly.

4. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...what... the... How did I miss this in my childhood?

The two things I loved soooo much as a kid... TMNT and TFs... in a single toy!? o_O 

Considering they're early 90s they are VERY impressive... Check this vid out:

‪Road Ready TMNT Figures‬‏ - YouTube

I mean... they're like shellformers... but without the shell kibble being visible outside of added bulk. Imagine if Beast Wars figures had this...

5. Unicron129

Unicron129 Well-Known Member

*cough* shameless plug to say that I've got mighty morhping raphael f-14 jet for sale *cough*

6. Phoenix Blaze

They're sort of reverse shell formers, where the body makes the shell of the car and everything's contained inside.

I really want to get the construction Mikey, Don and I think Leo......very cool toys!

7. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the Splinter and I must say he is very rad :) 

8. Phoenix Blaze

Well he does turn into the Turtle Party Van (not sure if they still call it that) which was just amazing!

Shredder turns into one of those drill tank things....not as cool, more so because he's topless for some reason and just looks like a shrivelled old man!

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Hahahahah, I love my Don.

I've got his weapons, but the stickers aren't exactly all there on mine, which considering how much I've always liked the back window is pretty sad.

10. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Holy shit! Splinter turns inside out! Those are very impressive...specially' for the time

11. Phoenix Blaze

Playmates put Hasbro to shame in the early 90s. Hasbro should've been able to make things even better than this as their alt and bot modes don't need to look like any particular image whereas here we have pretty awesome alt modes and for the most part recognisable if not a little funky turtle/human/ratman modes.

12. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Amazing engineering if you ask me.