TMNT question, MAY INVOLVE SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Hound_Dawg, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

Beware, this may involve spoilers to the movie coming out this month but in my need, and when i say need I mean i am a spoiler junkie, I have a question.

Who is Karai? what is her deal? is she from the last incarnation of a cartoon on 4kids? I lost track of turtles since the 3rd movie and that tv series that was kinda wierd on foxkids years ago so i don't know who this person is. uh. and when did April O'Neil get all ninja-esq and shit?

2. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

This is her history from the TMNT cartoon on Fox

Karai was a street urchin abandonned by her parents. And later found and adopted by the Shredder. And under his teachings learned the art of Ninjitsu and while Shredder led the Foot Clan in New York, she lead the Clan in Japan.

For more in depth info look here as there's really a lot to her.

And she was supposed to have a part in the "Ninja Tribunal" 13 episode story arc. But since only the first 5 are available, it's not likely we'll see Karai again

3. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Karai was a character from the original TMNT comic books, her use in the cartoon was because it was also based off the original material and concepts rather than the Archie comics or original cartoon. She's a more honorable leader of the Foot after Shredder, even formed a peace agreement with the Turtles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karai

4. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Beat you to it Omegus, I posted the EXACT same link :D 

Oh and about April, since she and Casey take such an active part in helping the Turtles. I can't remember what episode exactly, but Splinter started training them in ninjitsu. And April seems quiet gifted at it and Casey's good at it as well

5. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

In the comics, didn't she outrank Shredder?

6. Hound_Dawg

I owe you both yet again for your information! thank you for filling me in. I only had one of the original tmnt books, a one shot for Donatello. Something about an artist with a wierd stone on his pencil that brought his stuff to life and some how Donnie was sucked into fixing the mess alone.

now correct me if i am wrong, and if i don't find it on wiki, wasn't Raph leader of the foot for a while after his face was mangled or something?

EDIT: ok i found out about the raph thing, but Mirage comics doesn't accept Image comics stories as canon

7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    You got a very nice issue there. That particular story was made as a tribute to Jack Kirby. They actually adapted it for the new series. Definitely a classic.

8. Hound_Dawg

I remembered something about Jack Kirby in it, but I haven't owned it in so many years. ( ex fiancee ended up with my comics due to a long story) that i didn't feel comfortable saying how he was envolved.

9. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Is the new movie based on the recent tv series, or another reboot? That's all I wanna know.

10. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Neither. We were told it's supposed to be a sequel to the live action movies.

11. Hound_Dawg

On Gtv when they released they're exclusive trailer they said it will fix some of the mistakes in the live action movies while staying in said timeline ( i am paraphrasing that a bit) but then again that came from Gtv so i am not sure how accurate that is...

12. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

True. You can see stuff from the other films in this pic, like for instance Shredder's helmet from TMNT2:SotO and the scepter from TMNT3.

[​IMG]

13. Hound_Dawg

sweet pic, even the ooze canister from the second movie!

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's awesome. The live action movies -barr the third- were some of my favorite Turtles fiction when I was a kid. It'll be nice to see this "fourth" film. :D 

15. Hound_Dawg

i noticed the strong feelings for the 3rd movie, i actually liked it and hated the second, i thought it was too campy lol

16. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I can't stand the second film. Its like watching a live action version of the 80/90s cartoon, which is pretty unforgivable considering that the first film managed to mostly stay within the spirit of the source material despite the lighter tone and a few cartoon elements.

I can't comment on the third since i've never been able to get the enthusiasm to watch it.

17. Hound_Dawg

QFT

18. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    ...if that's Shredder's helmet it should be serrated, cause the original got crushed flat. CONTINUITY ERROR!

If this really is based on the movie timeline, we're not going to see Vanilla Ice again are we?

19. Hound_Dawg

Go Ninja, Go Ninja, GO; Go Ninja, Go ninja, GO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4

just incase anyone really wants to see it :lolol 

20. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, in all honesty, it's a matter of me probably needing to re-watch those old movies again. I mean, I was six or seven when the first one came out, 9 when the second one hit and 11 -I think- when the third came out. I think the third was bad in my eyes because that's when I was getting more heavily into stuff like X-Men and Spider-Man... and actually reading the comic version of TMNT. The third seemed more in spirit with the source material, but I just felt that a lot of the plot and villains seemed rather bogus. Of course that's just my opinion... probably should re-watch it as I haven't seen it in close to fifteen years...

Oh, and I liked the second one as a kid -again, I haven't seen the film in a good fifteen + years- largely because of how cartoon heavy it was, but that may not be my opinion if I were to watch it today. As a kid I loved the cartoon, but I bought the season 1 DVD when it came out and was shocked out how bad it actually was. It did have some pretty awesome elements, but at the same time the cartoon was rather hokey, but I guess that's what you love as kids.

I don't know one person who really disliked the first movie though. :D