TMNT (2007) Movie video games: Any good?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Gears, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So how good are the videogames based on the new TMNT movie? Did anyone buy them and do you like it? I'm mostly looking for opinions on either the Gamecube or PS2 versions.

2. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I haven't played or read any reviews but I'd go with "no" based on the track record of movie games. I've yet to play a truelly top notch or even halfway decent movie game.

3. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

I had heard that the PC demo was fun. And the GBA game looks pretty cool with it looking like a take on the old Konami 2d Beat 'Em Ups. How this helps you on your PS2 and Gamecube query, I don't know, but GameRankings.com has them listed as being good. (About 60-70% positive reviews)

4. Pidgeot018

Pidgeot018 Pokécon

I'd say the Goldeneye and Spider-Man movie games are pretty good. Goldeneye hasn't aged very well, but for it's time it was pretty big.

And the SNES and Genesis had The Lion King and Aladdin, if you're into Disney.

5. BetaSword

BetaSword Well-Known Member

Actually, i've played the PC-Demo(from Fileplanet).
    And, well, it isn't that bad, but actually, i wouldn't buy it.

Well, what i don't like is the Camera-thing, they just have the cam moving like on a railway, so that you canot see,where you're heading to(jumping down somewhere you don't see), and when it comes to battle, the Area is limited until you beat them all up.
    annother thing is the acrobatics, which seems a little bit like Prince of Persia, but due to Camera-Positioning it gets sometimes a bit too difficult(instead of jumping to a Pole, the turtle wallwalks, leading into a deep fall).

6. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

The xBox 360 game is to prince of perisa that Spider man unlimted is to the spiderman 2 game.

Simplified but still very fun. I am looking forward to things slowing down and I can play it some more.

7. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Everything I've seen say the console versions are all pretty fun if you don't expect much and know that it was built for kids. It' s also been said its really short to the point you can 100% the game (and get all Achievements on 360) within 3 hours.

I was gonna get the game when it dropped in price but theres no sort of co op play what so ever, not even on the same console so I'll pass.

8. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

I've never played Goldeneye but I've heard good things, I'm surprised I forgot about that. As for the Spiderman games both 1 and 2 have had some pretty glaring faults in my eyes. I particularly dislike 2's crappy enemies and lack of rewards/replay value although I'll be the first to admit it damn near perfected webswinging and it was mighty fun to piledriver thugs from the top of the Empire State building.

9. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I've been reading various comments about the GBA game on GameFAQs, and the general consensus is that it's really fun. I can't wait to try it out.

10. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

The GBA version seems to have the overall best reviews of all the new TMNT games, looks fun too!

11. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

for IGN:
    GBA got 8.5
    360 got 6
    GC got 6
    PS2 got 6
    PC got 6
    Wii got 5.5
    DS got 5.5

12. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

I love how people claime 3 to 4 hours are short... then talk about how much they enjoyed Turtles in time.

A friend and I beat TMNT Turtles in time in 25 minutes flat.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

The GBA version is the winning one from all indictations.

14. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

Yes but Turtles in Time was an arcade game (and a port of the arcade game) which is made for short and quick get in and out gameplay. Games built for consoles (more so today) are expected to have a value to them since you're paying $50-$60 for that experience. So when a game is short on gameplay time and has very little replay value then you tend to feal that your money was waisted.