TM Fracas with small crack on upper crotch clip!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dogbomber, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi all

I received my TM Fracas with scourge today. Much to my disappointment, there is a tiny small crack on 1 side of the upper crotch clip of Fracas. Before the bidding, I had asked seller about this issue twice regarding stressmark or crack at the crotch area but the reply I got is "You don't understand, the item is MINT". And eventually, I emailed him that I will take that as Fracas is 100% free from stressmark or crack.

Felt upset that seller is not honest about it and it gave me trouble to go through the trouble of posting it back to him for refund.

Questions
    1. Any of you having this issue of Fracas having crack at the crotch clips?
    2. What will you do if you were me? If I want to ask for full refund, will paypal cover the postal fee I paid for sending to me and sending back to seller?
    3. How about having it repro with a better plastic that will not crack or stressmark?

I am paying it about USD 220 including shipment. Not a small amount for such a tiny item and that is why I get very upset. Should have purchased this from IAMRATCHET whose Fracas is stressmark free!!!!!

2. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    The cost to send back will always come out of your pocket. But if you do start a claim, Paypal won't distinguish between what part of your payment was for toy and what was for shipping. For a $220 purchase unless it's going overseas it's probably worth your trouble and a bit of cost if it's bothering you that much.

But as far as I know, those Targetmasters would suffer that kind of breakage, which is why Nightstick was retooled when it rolled around in the reissues a few years ago. But as you tell it, it sounds like the seller was being misleading.

3. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

ExVeeBrawn's right. You'll never break even returning stuff, you'll always end up losing some money. Hell, if the seller's a complete asshole, he could claim the item never arrived after you sent it back and then you'd lose both your money and the toy.

As I recall, you purchased this from Wheeljackslab, whom I can personally confirm is a complete asshole. Leave the guy a negative and don't bother negotiating with that douchebag.

4. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    No No, I did not purchase it from Wheeljacklab eventually, he realised that item worth more $ after reglued it back and then decided not to relist it anymore

I actually purchased it from another seller from USA who is going to college.

Does your Fracas you bought has a minor crack at the clip?

5. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    If you send the stuff back, always make sure you have tracking information on it. In almost all cases if you've got a delivery confirmation or other tracking number that specifically lists the seller's hometown, it doesn't matter what the seller claims, because you have proof it got back.

Now, there's been incidents in the past where a claim got only a small payout because they deducted from the Paypal balance which was less than the owed amount. I don't know if that's still the case, but it's another element to consider.

6. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    I have tried to contact the seller several times but there is no reply from him.

If there is no reply from seller, can I go ahead to make a paypal claims on it? and let paypal contact the seller directly?

It is really troublesome for such problem, all of this can be avoided if the seller is honest enough to tell me there is a small tiny crack at the left of the upper crotch clip..

7. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    Hi all

Which one should I ask?

1. Full refund

2. Partial refund. If it is, how much should I ask for?

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Yes. And I would do so right away. Also, If you've tried contacting the seller and had no reply, that goes in your favour with the claim.
    And personally I would go for a full refund unless you think you can live with the damage. After all - if you can't live with it, you're technically still looking for one.

9. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

File a claim through paypal. Keep all your correspondance as evidence fo your questions for him.