TLK Voyager Grimlock In Box Pictures.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Feb 8, 2017.

1. SpectrumBelle

SpectrumBelle blorp.

For someone who claims to like TF, ypu sure do love to constantly, almost enthusiastically talk about the brand "dying".

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So at this stage, the only toy i'm interested in potentially getting is if we get a good Voyager Megatron, Onslaught and potentially the planet if that gets a representation.

Could you do a topic for these, showing them all transformed and stuff?

You critique the person, but he's right. The line-up is terrible and its worryingly so considering that this is a movie that will earn them probably $1 billion or so and they cant be bothered to invest in newer accurate toys.

• Like Like x 2
  3. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Please explain how the brand is dying. I'm being serious. I'm pretty sure it isn't. You see, the ROTF and Hunt for the Decepticons toy lines were pretty good examples of how well Hasbro can do Transformers figures. In my opinion, 2009-2011 were essentially the "golden years" for the movie figures. I think Hasbro just needs to find that magic that they had back then. The brand isn't dying, Hasbro just simply needs to step their game up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Better deco, but still just repaint.

5. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Looking for a Camaro to get rid of godawful VW Bug
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Such a nice package art for Bee... such a crappy figure of Bee

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

:horse: 

There's what hasbro is doing with those aoe molds. I'm all for recycling but cmon!

7. is456

is456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this is open box.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wheeljackie

Wheeljackie He will set us free

I will probably get this to be honest. I like the movie design of Grinlock a lot for some reason and this is one of my favorite molds of all time.

9. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, that coupled with the fact they've painted the car mode to look like the new car. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a new one step mould.

Repaint of Grimlock I understand, even though he would've benefitted from a new one that gave him better proportions in dino mode and a more muted green deco rather than grey. I'd almost bet that the AOE leader class turns up somewhere as an exclusive like Optimus is.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Furnace

Furnace Antroid at a picnic

I\'m sure these won\'t be the only versions of these characters we get. What we\'re seeing are just the first offerings, preview figures sort of like how the first ROTF Bee was just a slight retool of the \'07 Bee. I wouldn\'t say they\'re a great indicator of where the whole toyline is going. We\'re more than likely going to see more of the new molds later on. At the very least, we\'ll get a few more Bumblebees! 

11. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    Looks cool.

12. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    If this line is anything like the Prime line where they had a 1st edition line of figures but entirely new molds for the main line.

13. User_136440

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be so certain. Now they're doing different movie lines for all levels, I think the hundreds of Bumblebee repaints in a line have ended. We only had two for AOE because he had two very different looks. The Premier Edition looks to be the replacement for Movie Generations (figures listed on Amazon.com as MV5 Gen are on Amazon.ca as MV5 Pre); Premiere would mean 'first edition' or 'early release' but these are Premier, which has come to mean 'top level' (which is hilarious), which I guess they are compared to the one steps etc.

Plus, boxes might be unusual for deluxe figures (from Hasbro anyway) but the voyager packaging is bog standard, whereas first editions would usually have something more elaborate.

Incidentally, the reason why the Prime figures had two different versions was that the First Editions were due to be part of Generations and that was it, then they decided to make more gimmicky figures to target kids a bit more, hence 'revealers' and 'weaponisers'. In the end though they just put them in the same mainly ne.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think we'll probably get a "new" Bee mold out of this line simply because it's Bumblebee and they're going to milk him for all he's worth like a dead cow that can't possibly give anymore including powdered milk. I say "new" because he's basically reverting to his old trilogy robot design, but with the new Camaro vehicle mode. So, I'm guessing this premium version is there to pad sales for a while and Bumblebee will probably retain that look for part of the movie, then he'll go and change it up towards the end of the film so they can find a way to sell him yet again.

I'll be honest, I'd like to see old Bee robot in the new Camaro alt mode. That should be quite a task for the designers... I still think it's a step back to have him go back to the old robot design when the new one was a nice refresh and they just went through all that money and time to create him, only to go back. =\

I much prefer the Leader Class to this one. The deco helps, a lot, but it's not doing it for me like the Leader Class does. Sadly, he's already had a movie accurate deco, so there's really no need for Hasbro to rerelease that again. (They did it in a 2-pack with Optimus during 2014.) If anything, this feels like we're getting repacked Takara figures with a Hasbro price tag.

I'm hoping that if we have any other Leaders, Hound will be one of them. If nothing else, Hasbro could do it to compete with the 3rd parties and their versions that blow Hasbro's current one out of the water. (I'm wasting that hope, I know.)

Indeed.

Him too.

Yup. I liked the multicolored craziness of it all.

I'll be fair to Hasbro and Takara, I'm not sure it's feasible to have a line full of brand new molds. Okay, ROTF broke the mold on how you do movie toys, but there were some reuses of the previous line to help pad some of those case assortments. And Bumblebee was basically a slight remold of the concept Camaro mold from the first film. So, it wasn't all new molds. Heck, some of the better movie molds didn't even come out in the ROTF line. HFTD and RTS took care of those. Expecting TLK's line to do what ROTF couldn't do (and ROTF came close!) is just about asking the impossible. Especially in today's economy.

I don't know that Transformers, as a brand, is dying just yet. I do think following the trend could bring it to it's knees, though. I agree with the rest of your statement though, they're milking everything they can for all it's worth and one day it's not going to work anymore. I think we're getting close to that day.

Oh, I definitely want him. I don't even need him, I just flat out want him.

15. User_136440

News Credits:
    It's funny how the two weakest figures so far IMO are Optimus ( nice mould, baffling paint choices) and Bumblebee (wrong robot mode, fudged car mode).

16. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    WOW! I got stumped!

When was Dinobot slash released? (Original Release?)

17. Saito Satoru

Saito Satoru smile

News Credits:
    Well, as usual the seller I know posted pics of Grimlock in all his glory
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  18. Transmetal

Transmetal Well-Known Member

Unless they fixed the Dino mode then I don't see a point in me owning this. Passed on all the other dinos as well and I like movie toys.

19. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, the on screen version of the final AOE BB was my least favorite version he's had. I won't miss that at all. I wish they'd done more with 60's BB (the black one) as that ended up being my all time favorite version oddly enough.

That being said I did REALLY like the toy of AOE's new BB. They didn't exactly capture him, but rather landed somewhere sort of close that i thought was actually much cooler than the oscreen version. He's a great toy (although I'm not sure the repaint does him any favors).

20. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:

From what I remember from other film releases, they tend to release premium versions of the film's toys just prior to a new film. Then, the lackluster regular characters with slight changes are made, then special editions, such as g1 repaints, then film accurate versions, then chromed versions and finally no holds barred wacky recolours of bumblebee aplenty.

Rinse and repeat for the next film ad infinitum.