TLK Tiny Turbo Changers Series 2 revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, May 5, 2017.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    They won't even make an Onslaught of that toy.

• Like Like x 1
  2. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    I was quite shocked at how good these little guys are. So happy to see ball jointed shoulders! I was expecting these to have actual transformations. Bravo Hasbro. Do G1 and generations versions too, and you will knock it out of the park.

3. D3VC0N

D3VC0N Decepticon

News Credits:
    Sqweeks does transform. They have him at Toy Fair transformed in Alt mode. It doesn't look half bad actually. Basically splits in half and the arms rotate to back side of the scooter to form seats. Look on the official pics from the Hasbro display and you'll see the Squeeks and most of wave 2 in their alt modes there.

4. Fasttrack

Fasttrack Super-Unvincible

News Credits:
    I'm actually surprised at how much I like these little guys
    Yes they're simple, tiny and unlamented (mostly) but they are cute and they transform and I can't help but like them.

Picked one up as my first TLK figure last week when I couldn't find any mainline TLK figures. (Deluxes)
    Got Lockdown, and I was pretty quickly charmed by the little guy.

A few days later another dialled hunt resulted in me picking up another one
    Sideswipe
    And he's really neat too.

I think I'm probably gonna end up collecting most of these things. Really looking forward to the Barricade and Sqweeks in wave 2

Hopefully future waves will include more TLK characters and more classic movie characters. Bonecrusher please.

Also, Hasbro. Please please please make some of these for RiD! They're WAY better than those horrible tiny Titans. I'd love little figures of Fixit and some of the Alchemor prisoners that might not get warrior figures

5. Johan Koontz

Johan Koontz Well-Known Member

SQWEEEEEEKS! Hopefully a new code listing will also come out soon after so that I\'m not fingering small plastic packets.

6. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is that cogman figure supposed to represent him connected to his transector ?

if so this is our first look at the aston martin´s robot mode

7. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Not up on the movie gossip/theory but thanks. That is interesting, i think the guy on top right(cogman?) is the adton martin right... Also what is transector?..

From what i can tell. Top left: Hotrod(?) and Baricade(both with bee/soundwave transformation scheme. Green Blackout and SS repaint, next is this Cogman mentioned and can't make the transformation and suspect it is new. Then bottom row is easy, all the new character molds are all entirely new except Drift who seems to be Crosshairs transformation scheme.

Can't wait, Megatron and Grimlock will battle to ride Squeeks! Berserker will get a turn too, awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    did you ever heard of headmasters !? the tiny robots that turn into heads !?

the transtector is the body the headmaster connects to in head mode which can transform into a vehicle like a regular transformer ...

I hope I explained this well ... and yeah it´s transtector not transector ... my bad

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Ok, thanks i got you now. I do know headmasters i just didn't think...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Here are some alt mode photos for "Green Blackout", Hot Rod, Drift, Berserker and Sqweeks from Toy Fair, found at Seibertron, Unicron.com and BWTF:
    TinyGreenBlackout.jpg TinyHotRod.jpg TinyDrift.jpg TinyBerserker.jpg TinySqweeks.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That Sqweeks transformation is genius. It might be even better than the deluxe because his eyes really are the headlights, and there's no partsforming.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Diamondback

Diamondback Bitterly Clinging G1 Micromaster Malcontent

News Credits:
    The list I saw:
    Drift
    Mirage
    Sqweeks
    Megatron
    Shockwave
    Barricade
    Brawl
    Thundercracker (Starscream redeco)
    Grindor (Blackout redeco)
    Berserker/Crankcase
    Hot Rod
    Knight Strike Bumblebee Reissue

We know Barricade is now a blue Mustang rather than his TF1 black S281 (still a Stang, just different variant). The Dreads were black Suburbans and the guy next to Hot Rod looks chunky enough.

This would imply... positive ID in bold, regular text is my best guess.
    Top row: ?, TLK Barricade, Grindor, Thundercracker, ?
    Bottom row: Sqweeks, Optimus Reissue, Regular Bumblebee Reissue (*not* KS as reported), Megatron (with a nose that looks a lot like Movie Jetfire), Shockwave, Berserker/DOTM Crankcase, Hot Rod
    Leaving left to ID from that list: Drift, Mirage, Brawl

Brawl would be a tank, so he's not in that Class Portrait. I'm guessing the ends of Top Row are 2 out of three between Drift, Mirage and Cogman.

While we're at it, do we have a release date for Wave 2, and have we started to hear anything in the way of rumblings on Wave 3? The thrill of the chase has worn off now that my set's complete, and without any replies to my inquiries in the Junkion Exchange looking to buy no-longer-wanted Bot Shots collections I'm jonesing for another fix...

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  13. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    That is fake.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Nevermore

News Credits:
    That list you saw was presumably just conjecture based on the display at Toy Fair, which had a "mystery red car" that some people speculated might be Mirage but is actually Drift (as confirmed now), an additional Hound in robot mode that was frequently mistaken for Brawl, and multiple Knight Strike Bumblebees which might have prompted people to believe he was in more than one wave.

15. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    I won't pretend to know anything about the movies, i still haven't seen the last one.

So, @Nevermore the one alt mode toy we haven't seen yet is this Cogmans? His transformation looks like it could be the same Lockdowns. Berserker looks to be bee/soundwaves.

16. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    We do know he does seem to turn into the Martin. He have seen the image of the vehicle on the back of a 1-step box, for the Mission to Cybertron subline. Being a headmaster he is normal the size of a human, but this vehicle seems to become his transector at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Diamondback

News Credits:
    So if bottom right is Drift going Full Metal Samurai, that suggests Mirage and Cogman for Top Row Ends.

I actually worked up a long-arse list of every potential movie both and altmode from 1-4 on another thread... now that they're doing NOT-TCU 'Cracker they HAVE to add Warpy in a later wave, hopefully both TF1 and G1-ish Screamer redecos too. Hoping that when they tool a TF1/2/3 Optimus they'll also do a separate TTC of his Weapons Trailer with attachment system...

18. Diamondback

News Credits:
    Additional extrapolation from "Class Portrait": We can expect around 1/3 of future waves to be reissues or redecos from prior waves' sculpts.

Question: Who all can we pass the sculpts we know of off as for redeco's, even allowing minor retool like resculpting the head/chest?

From my list... Letter codes are Wave # and package ID's. I'm including Reissues with an R/I tag since they take a set slot.

1AB AOE Grimlock/TLK Shadow Armor Grimlock: ?
    1C AOE Lockdown
    1D AOE Hound
    1EL TF-AOE Bumblebee/TLK Knight Strike Bumblebee: 2x Bumblebee R/I
    1F TLK Crosshairs
    1G TF Blackout: 2_ ROTF Grindor
    1H DOTM Soundwave
    1I AOE Optimus Prime: 2_ AOE Optimus R/I
    1J ROTF/DOTM Starscream: 2_ "Sky Camo" Starscream (TF1?), NM Thundercracker, NM Skywarp, TF Starscream, NM G1 Starscream
    1K ROTF/DOTM Sideswipe
    2x TLK Drift
    2x (movie?) Mirage
    2x TLK Sqweeks
    2x TLK Megatron
    2x DOTM Shockwave
    2x TLK Barricade: TF Barricade
    2x TLK Cogman
    2x TLK Berserker: DOTM Crankcase, DOTM Crowbar, DOTM Hatchet

And then we have The Conspicuously Absent awaiting their turns...

Transformers
    Still Need: Bonecrusher (Buffalo MPCV new sculpt), Brawl (Mod. M1 Abrams new sculpt), '70s Camaro Bumblebee (new sculpt), Frenzy (boombox new sculpt), Ironhide (GMC Topkick new sculpt), Jazz (Pontiac Solstice new sculpt), Optimus Prime (Peterbilt 379), Ratchet (Hummer H2), Scorponok (robot scorpion)
    Potential New Sculpts: 9 / Potential Redecos: 1

Revenge of The Fallen
    Still Need: Arcee (Ducati 848), Brains (laptop), Chromia (Suzuki B-King), **Constructicons (too lazy to list 'em all, *multiple* Devastators worth), Insecticon (robo-bug), Ironhide (GMC Topkick new sculpt), Jetfire (Lockheed SR-71A Blackbird), Jolt (Chevy Volt), Mudflap (1/2 ice-cream truck), Mudflap (Chevy Trax), Optimus Prime (Peterbilt 379 w/SR-71 Blackbird parts), Ratchet (Hummer H2), Ravage (robotic jaguar), Scalpel (microscope), Scorponok, Sideways (Audi R8), Skids (1/2 ice-cream truck), Skids (Chevy Beat), Soundwave (Cybertron satellite), The Fallen (Cybertron whatever-he-is), Wheelie (toy Ford F150 monster truck)
    *Note on Grindor: CH-53E Super Stallion is a MUCH bigger aircraft than CH/HH/MH-53 Sea Stallion/Super Jolly Green Giant/Pave Low; because they're both similar-looking big Sikorskys with the same cockpit other than the PL avionics "chin and cigar" Hasbro lumps 'em together
    **Note: It would be REALLY nice if they could make the Constructicons to both transform on their own AND combine into Devastator
    Potential New Sculpts: BUTTLOAD / Potential Redecos: ?

Dark of the Moon
    Still Need: Devcon (SCUD missile TEL), Ironhide (GMC Topkick new sculpt), Laserbeak (robot bird), Optimus Prime (Peterbilt 379 w/trailer--maybe this release just a trailer if they tool the Peterbilt right), Ratchet (Hummer H2), Sentinel Prime (Rosenbauer Panther), Space Case (Sukhoi Su-47 Berkut), Wheeljack (Mercedes E550), The Wreckers (3x Chevy Impala)
    Potential New Sculpts: 11 to 12 / Potential Redecos: 4

Age of Extinction
    Still Need: '67 Camaro Bumblebee (new sculpt), Drift (Bugatti Veyron), Drift (Sikorsky S-97 Raider), Galvatron (Freightliner Argosy cab-over), Junkheap (Isuzu Giga trash truck), Optimus Prime (Marmon cab-over), Scorn (robot mutant Spinosaurus), Slug (robot Triceratops), Strafe (robot mutant Pteranodon), Traxes (?4x Chevy Trax, different colors), unknown McLaren MP4, unknown Aston Martin DBS
    Potential New Sculpts: 12 / Potential Redecos: 3

The Last Knight
    Still Need: Canopy (unknown alt), Dragonstorm (robot 3-head dragon), Hooligan (VW Van), Hot Rod (Citroen DS), Hot Rod (Lamborghini Centenario), Megatron (unk new alt), Mohawk (Confederate 61 bike), Nitro (A-10 Warthog?), Onslaught (Western Star 4900 tow-truck; poss. Optimus mod?), Skullitron (robot wyvern), Steelbane (robot wyvern - Skullitron redeco?)
    Potential New Sculpts: 11 / Potential Redecos: maybe 1 or 2

Outside TCU
    Released/Confirmed Redeco/Rerelease:
    Still Need: Thundercracker (Starscream redeco), Skywarp (Starscream redeco), G1 Starscream (Starscream redeco)
    Potential New Sculpts: ? / Potential Redecos: 2 or 3

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  19. Nevermore

News Credits:
    I found out who mystery "green Blackout" and mystery "blue Starscream" are, thanks to this listing from Amazon India. Although the title and the images imply Series 1, a closer look at the item description reveals the names for the entirety of Series 2:
    So "green Blackout" is neither Grindor nor Springer, but... "Chopter".
    "Blue Starscream" isn't Thundercracker but "Sky Camo Starscream".
    Cogman is named exactly that.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Purple Heart

News Credits:
    And now my collection will never feel complete without Leader Class Blackout, Grindor, and Chopter because that name is fucking amazing.

Toy now Hasbro.

• Like Like x 4