TLK opening weekend numbers, lowest of the franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Boneless Pizza, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True
    Bay himself said in the Fandago interview there r too many characters to do justice.

2. Vidikron

Vidikron Well-Known Member

Only if it's actually good. Simply being poorly received won't be a sure sign they just hate TF. And, yeah, I'd agree that some people are biased against Bay, but in the case of his TF series there are legitimate reasons. I mean, come one, do we really need TFs humping people's legs, walking around on canes, with giant testicles, or any of the other plethora of other stupid crap he shoves in the films?

• Like Like x 4
  3. SkyJosh16

SkyJosh16 Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Yay, Im glad this movie did great.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Miyaren

News Credits:
    I hated them too but to be fair that was 8 years ago in rotf. Now we just get "hookers dress" and taking about cades sex life

5. BubbleMax

BubbleMax Well-Known Member

There were a lot of characters in TLK but the movie really put much of the focus on a select few. Mostly Bumblebee and Cogman. Every other pre existing character seemed to just be there because they exist. Kind of like the first movie. I personally have always liked more characters to look at in a movie even if they didnt do much. I still feel they managed to execute what they intended fairly well storywise.

6. happy

happy Taxation is Theft.

I told everyone I know not to go see TLK because it is terrible. I hope that helped contribute to its poor performance.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IMG_6133.PNG Lovely.

8. Miyaren

News Credits:
  9. Miyaren

News Credits:
    Will u be equally happy if the movie franchise is dead and hasbro start making less toys?

10. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This is true but it's never easier to make a good movie. FF movies have constantly had to go one better than the previous one in terms of spectacle and creativity and they've generally done well with this.

FF seems like they focus on the core story and then build crazy car scenes into it, it almost seems the opposite for Transformers.

Critics don't think the TF movies are very good and they're not wrong. Since 07 they've basically been in a holding pattern of mediocrity.

Whoever takes on the next TF movie needs to really focus on fundamental movie making.
    Make it 2 hours max, a tight script, make the Transformers themselves more of a spectacle by using them sparingly.

The reason why MCU is constantly doing well is they have a very reliable formula for new characters and a revised version of that for ensemble movies. It's a series of tickboxes that the movie must follow. Iron Man 1, Thor 1, Dr Strange etc all follow this formula.
    They then build a story around that formula and populate that story with great actors and great action.

Megatron vs Optimus Prime should feel as epic as the final fight in Civil War but we've not really got anywhere close.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    It's not that there are too many Transformers.

TF Prime has a bunch of Cybertronians but they're thought out and well-organized.

The Vehicon designs from TF Prime were decent foruniformed Decepticon foot soldiers.

The fodder cons from RotF to now are just ugly, messy, generic and uninspiring & they all just look out of place.

There's a way to have more bots but still retain the audience's interest.

• Like Like x 3
  12. pjeung

pjeung Active Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    So true. ROTF had THE opportunity to make this a monster franchise but instead left a lot of people with a bad taste in their mouth. This is I think where the casual TF fans disconnected.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Yes!!! Die bayverse die!

14. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. I don't think there is anything wrong with someone enjoying it for what it is. I loved the first 4. My experience is I enjoy these movies the first few times and then get diminishing returns afterwards. I've noticed that the diminishing return happens faster since the 3rd movie. This one was immediate. The quality in story is not good. Parts were overhyped that just didn't live up to it, and the continuity was non existent whether it was how easy it is to kill a transformer to what outfit the pretty girl was wearing a few scenes ago.
    The action sequences were awesome when they make sense. I've noticed that since movie 3, towards the end of the movie, there is an action sequence that focuses only on the humans and that's the scene that's the most aimless and boring.
    This time around the formula has become so obvious it's painful. I really want thing to get better, but as it stands this sort of potential setback is probably what these movies need.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Dear LegoLover58,

research before you post.

Love,

Ephland

16. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    My diminishing returns really started with DotM. It was decent. But nothing great really. Also Earth so intact when Cybertron is so close still bothers me. It's just one of my pet peeves when it comes to at least conforming with known universal physical science laws. And also one of the biggest was that Megatron didn't even put up a fight against Optimus. All the budget spent on the sentinel-Optimus fight.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    If they are like the cybertron toy line, HELL YES

• Like Like x 1
  18. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only way that Transformers movies stop getting made is if Paramount goes under. Go look at their upcoming schedule and Transformers is one of the few moneymaking properties they have besides Mission Impossible. Unless someone thinks that that Sherlock Gnomes or Daddy's Home will be their next big franchise. They might have some success with their Nickelodeon properties, but it's hard to say for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well... the Trailers either gave away *most* of the good sequences... or the actual sequences weren't much longer than the trailers themselves... I mean the Prime v. Bee bout is really short, and ends in a "Martha" moment, FFS! The Infernocus bout is basically spoiled with the clip of Prime beheading ALL of them in one swing. (The fight before it barely lasts more than a minute, either way.)

As long as the films make money, they'll keep making them. Unless the film somehow flatlines during Independence Day weekend, it'll likely wind up just under AoE's marks... which isn't bad, possibly disappointing, but far from bad.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cryptwire

News Credits:
    But see that's why it's curious.

I suspect they knew they really didn't make a good movie. So to compensate for it & counter the bad word of mouth that they were already expecting, their advertising went overdrive to the point it's showing a lot of the key scenes.