TLK opening weekend numbers, lowest of the franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Boneless Pizza, Jun 25, 2017.

1. ZeroiaSD

ZeroiaSD Autobot

Yep-yep. To go into more detail and expand on your point-

I understand one thing they do with marketing 'budgets' is make "X million dollar deals" where they let someone basically use the movie to advertise their own stuff (like putting transformers on drink cups or such), both sides just shake hands since it's mutual advertisement/benefit, but they just write it as being worth X million rather than actually exchanging it.

Some of the money in the production budget is paying other parts of the studio, too, so this "20 mil for doing such and such to the film," could actually cost them 10m for the actual work but the money still being in the studio.

And of course, like people mention on the ticket end, only some of that goes to the studio.

The traditional 2x is trying to guess where it all balance out after marketing budgets are and such and with neither the box office take or the budget being the real numbers, but it really is just an average guesstimate and on some movies it takes more, some less. Like heck, I gather Wonder Woman spent less on ads because they had less faith in it which made it's multiplier easier, but that in itself is just a rumor.

Hollywood studio accountant really sounds like a full time job.

And/or a job for wizards.

2. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While this post could have been drafted more diplomatically and open to starting a conversation, rather than denouncing from above, I do agree with the overall point.

The problems with the Transformers movie franchise are structural and systemic, at least with its current stewards. Bad writing, non-existent characterisation and poor editing don't disappear regardless of whether the focus is on a human or a robot

• Like Like x 3
  3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Funny, all those words, yet not a single answer to a basic question...

4. TF10

TF10 Well-Known Member

Time for a new beginning.

• Like Like x 1
  5. electronic456

electronic456 擎天柱

News Credits:
    It's okay, Burnout. He has answered it for me in classic lengthy fashion. Like first paragraph and last paragraph.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Hammer of the Gunplas

Ah, I see now.

7. MV95

MV95 @marlinfan1995 News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
  8. MEGATRON__210

MEGATRON__210 Well-Known Member

I remember when GI Joe 2 and TMNT 2 both had under performing sequels and both films were confirmed to be dead. Surely after a decade of $$$ at the box office for the tfs franchise , I hope we still get more films. Does anyone think these numbers will have any effect moving forward?

• Like Like x 2
  9. LegoLover58

LegoLover58 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

• Like Like x 12
  10. Autobot Jamie

Autobot Jamie Member

I Know people here will read the post and think \' time for the transformers cinamatic universe to end, I say we should still be optimistic. This just means time for a new director. For a long time I\'d see most gate comments say it\'s Bay\'s fault, Bay ruined the franchise. I never could see why. Until I followed the making if the last knight. From writing to filmingg to release. I understand now. Bay\'s the one to blame. Hopefully he keeps his word and stays out for #6 ( or 7 if you count the bumblebee movie as 6) onward. Keep  possitive about the transformers cinamatic universe. 

Petition to keep bay out if future films needer? Hmm...

11. Autobot Jamie

Autobot Jamie Member

What I've read the top problem is Bay so I'm hoping with Travis Knight directing the bumblebee movie and hopefully he or someone else does every future movie and not Bay, they'll be more successful. What I read, Bay destroys the writers work. We also need a better balance between Human and transformers. Course you have people sating screw humans. Well not gonna happen. Cheaper to make than a full 2 1/2 hour movie made entirely by CGI and humans have been with the Autobots since G1. The key is finding the right balance to make most favs happy and not make the movie so exspsive to make. I say most cause there will always be people bitching about the humans. Already seeing it fir the bumblebee movie and do far only ONW Human has been confermed. Anyway I say we need DOTM balance but AOE & TLK amount of transformers. You know what I'm saying?

12. Caminus Prime

Caminus Prime Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Yes, this will finally force paramount to find a new director and take the criticisms seriously because with so many better quality movies out there in 2017 people would rather see, they have no excuses to repeat the same thing and hope anyone will tolerate it. The worst case senario is that these next two installments might be our last if they're not as successful in the box office as AOE or DOTM. One thing for certain is that they need to change.

• Like Like x 2
  13. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

"It's over Prime!" (I mean Bay) ... haha couldn't resist ... I'm in full 'Nero' mode if you catch my drift ... (shouts out to my history buffs)

• Like Like x 4
  14. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Why can't we just make a damn TF: The Movie sequel/prequel and see what happens?! ... if it bombs, it bombs ... Bay gets 5-6 cracks at the wrecking ball and we Geewunners can't get one damn fan-service movie?! ... The Movie is the shit, period ... I can watch literally over and over again (well the first 15-20 min) ... why can't we just freaking give it a go and see what happens? It would cost max 20-25 mil and would recoup half that on me alone! :) 

• Like Like x 6
  15. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd prefer a reboot. So many key characters have been misused or killed off.. And none of the current characters appeal to me like hot rod, kup, springer, arcee, and Magnus did from the '86 movie.

The little we have seen of the current cast is just lame and cliche. I can't see building a good and likable franchise on their backs. Not to mention their voices (hot rod, crosshairs, and drift) are terrible.

• Like Like x 4
  16. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Autobot Jamie:
    Well how about this one?

Balance of DOTM but with AOE/TLK Amount of TFs.. AND Charm of TF1

How about that?

17. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    Wow. This is disappointing. And you know what the worst part is? Could have been completely avoidable. people really were giving this one a chance.

• Like Like x 1
  18. st.ranger

st.ranger Emperor of Destruction

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bay should leave after DotM. After 5 movies, there are still a lot of nonsenses, too many useless and annoying people, several robots do not even talk and other things that grind my gears.

I hoped The Last Knight will connect all previous movies together, but movie rather ignore plot from AoE and bring Unicron as an Earth.

People have enough of this.

Well, maybe later there will be some kind of extended version solving a lot of problems.

• Like Like x 1
  19. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    so, basically the 2 last movies, which had less teen comedy, less sexualized scenes (aoe had tessa but she didnt had nearly as much as mikaela or carly, not even close to how much those two got) less dumb characters, more tf characters(well drift, crosshairs and specially houdn had more charm than most of rotf and dotm transformers) and better writen plot, less plot holes, as well as many more improvements, yet they got the worst performance of all 5 tf movies(aoe then tlk) so imstarting to think PEOPLE ACTUALLY WANT the dumb teen sexuallized movies instead

• Like Like x 1
  20. Boneless Pizza

Boneless Pizza Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    No it means that people are starting to realize that the movies are bad and that there are better movies to watch.

• Like Like x 13