TLK opening weekend numbers, lowest of the franchise

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Boneless Pizza, Jun 25, 2017.

1. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    I will watch it.

2. Nighttracker

Nighttracker Member

You know something, it\'s funny how everyone is saying its a bad movie and yet i saw the movie three times and i still like it, i still enjoyed it 
    its kind of like Age Of Extinction i saw that movie three times and I still like that one and for the record I saw Revenge of the fallen once and Dark side of the moon once but frist one i saw it three times 

so i dont care what people say about the movie because i liked and thought it was good movie so any Hollywood Reporter\'s or any want a be movie critic\'s can and should shut the screap because nothing they say can change how i feel about it and there are people how liked the movie besides me and less not forget that this movie was the full start for the TF movie cinematic universe

all of you can say what you want about me liking the TF live actions i think their good and i look forward to seeing what they do next 

Also i know that someone on here will hate all the things i just said and to be honest i dont care this is my rant and thoughts on this, if you dont like it, then dont read it 

• Like Like x 5
  3. TheSuperion

TheSuperion No am Bishoujo!

I'm sorry to say this, but I honestly hope that this spells the beginning of the end for the franchise - and when it finally kicks the bucket, I hope they don't bother rebooting it. As much as I'd like to believe we'll someday have a transformers franchise that that is a beautiful lovechild of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the IDW comics, the reality is most people who aren't hardcore Transformers fans are going to be interested in watching films that actually center on the transformers, rather than the more widely relatable human characters. We are never going to get anything on the level of Last Stand of the Wreckers or MTMTE on the big screen - with or without Bay, the Transformers movies will always have human actors front and center, with the robots amounting to little more than expensive CGI extras. Remember, the only way they were even able to sell Hollywood on the first movie was by (more or less truthfully) claiming it it was a just a story about "a boy and his car."

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    It's safe to say Michael and Lorenzo are not doing it any favours. I don't want to be mean, but that appears everyone's issue, or at least part of it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

These movies are downright unwatchable. I tried for 45 minutes to sit through DotM on TV and just couldn't make it. Cancel the Bayverse and any plans to extend it going forward. Take three years off and reboot with good writers and an A-list director.

• Like Like x 7
  6. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    Thats not gonna happen. Outside of the fandom, Transformers was basically nothing to the average person before the movies came out. Then the movies came and solidified in every non fan's mind that Transformers is something to stay away from. Even a reboot probably wouldn't be profitable enough at this point.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This movie was no better or worse than any of the other Bay TF films, so the article hinting that the film didn't have enough of a hook, etc., doesn't seem to account for the biggest factor- viewer fatigue. How the FnF movies keep cranking out films (what are we up to- 8??) without viewer fatigue is constantly baffling, but I think TF may have hit that point. The franchise isn't dead yet, but a downturn in sales eventually should have been anticipated. If you aren't doing anything drastically different with the story or characters you're bound to hit a wall--- well, except for FnF which keeps cranking out middle of the road films and making money.

The next film should reboot the franchise with a different approach, look, characters, etc. Perhaps keep the complexity of the transformations, but ease off the egregious foul language, potty humor and long unnecessary diatribes about Romeo/Juliet Laws and Cade's love life and you might get this franchise back on track.

• Like Like x 5
  8. blaine71274

blaine71274 Recovering completist, recently fell off the wagon

I saw it. Wasn't impressed. Doesn't mean it's a bad movie. Just thought some of the elements were unnecessary. Squeak, the girl? Optimus kept announcing his name like Groot. Just my opinion, don't hate on me. Lots of slow mo, running, cussing, etc. It is what it is. I put it up there with Star Wars Rogue One. It did leave it open for another one. I thought Bay would have tied it up with this one.

9. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    The writing wasn't good anyway. It doesn't matter how many writers are in a room if they are both questionably talented and only there to earn a paycheck. Usually movies with multiple writers are worse off than one strong writer.

Then you have a terrible director, terrible producers, and voila! Another terrible movie.

The best part here is that the box office has gone down again, and this film is bad yet again, which means guess what next time? They arrow points further down.

This is going to force change. Now the question is do they understand the problems, or do they shift the blame and continue to suffer despite making changes? They have already done that 3 times now. Anyone with good business sense would overhaul this franchise completely, but we aren't dealing with those people at Hasbro or Paramount. See TF2-5.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FF really hit anHuge amount of goodwill with the way they handled Walkers death I think.
    As for reboot this is already a soft reboot and only this time there is an actual post credit scene. Just continue and finish the last movie. Tf1-4 had made 3.8 billion and adding in 5 the franchise is at least 4.5 billion.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I guess I'd classify myself as disappointed. Some things I like about the film series, things I don't like, and way too much that feels like filler.

But I don't think that Paramount will scrap Transformers even if the box office are worse than they are currently predicted.

Budgets, filming schedule, and all the other bits are already in place for Bumblebee. It would be really hard to cancel the film at this point so it's almost a given that we will get the Bumblebee movie.

Also Paramount doesn't have anything to fall back on. If Pirates disappoints the heck out of Disney they still have a deep catalog of franchises they can fall back on. But what does Paramount fall back on? They didn't buy superheroes during the Marvel fire sale. The other franchises they control have serious box office issues. Unless they invest in things without a pop culture name then the pickings are really slim.

I think the big question is if this will force Paramount to institute drastic changes or if they continue to drop off by not putting in the changes they need.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Actually, only a single writer was assigned to one script. I read in an article someone created a Beast Wars script as well. Out of the 14 scripts produced, Paramount decided to choose the most formulaic script they could find and green-lit it for refinement.

13. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    Would be great if it was both a hit in china and the US.

14. Prime17

Prime17 Seeker

News Credits:
    You know, I was just thinking the other day that a Beast Wars movie would be the perfect way to end the Bayverse movies and at the same time reboot them. The Maximals and Predacons would be the descendants of the surviving Autobots and Decepticons and find themselves back in time to prehistoric Earth (and later Cybertron) where they change the timeline of movies causing a clean slate for a reboot.

15. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I belive it wont bomb but how much has china made and how much is in total?

16. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

Nice, I hope the Bumblebee Spinoff bombs even harder.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Why? That's the one that actually has potential to be good.

• Like Like x 11
  18. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It would be a way of avoiding franchise fatigue too. However, I can't see them making a Transformers movie without humans unless it's fully animated in one way or another.

Thinking about it, I wouldn't mind seeing a stop-motion animated Transformers film with Beast Wars.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Toolala

Toolala Breast Master

How exactly?
    I really have no hope for any of the movie verse stuff to be good, it is all doomed.

20. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You realize that will be difficult in the globalized world we live in. They have to make a movie that appeals to everyone on this planet and not just a select population of older fans.

• Like Like x 1