TLK New Trailer Online

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Red Goblin, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The main contradiction would be that 'The Fallen', who was able to sense active/alive Prime's was unable to detect Quintus Prime - hence why they might have changed the character to Quintessa. I can see ways of them explaining there were more primes, but if Quintus Prime/Quintessa was alive/active at the time when The Fallen was around then it'd contradict him somehow sensing other Primes (including Optimus)

It's debateable whether Quintessa wanting to wipe out the population of Earth to save Cybertron is evil - arguably humanity would not give a second thought to destroying a planet with life to save Earth.

As Quintessa states though, Optimus is primarily to blame for all the mess-up's on Earth - not humanity;
    - Optimus gave Sam the idea of destroying the cube by shoving it into a Transformers chest and would have done so himself if he'd been given the change
    - Optimus destroyed the sun harvester
    - Optimus stopped gateway the first time and personally damaged Cybertron (admittedly Bumblebee messed up even more so by destroying Cybertron via destroying the pillar)
    - Finally, Optimus killed Lockdown, who was sent to retrieve Optimus and take him to Quintessa (which Optimus then decided to go to Quintessa anyway... so what was the point in that?)

If anything, the movie's show Optimus to seemingly have a bit of an agenda against Cybertron.

It really is like watching a backwards universe where these characters are not written the same as they normally would.

Out of all that happened in the trailer, those were the two most bland parts other than Optimus slicing the Infernocon heads off.

One is a scene where Bumblebee has some random decoration broken off that does not matter much considering Transformers have lost limbs and arms and just attached them back on. Optimus himself randomly got his arm back after the events of DOTM. They needed to show Bumblebee getting more damaged for me to really care, especially considering how its a 'good guy vs a good guy' so chances of them allowing Optimus to kill Bumblebee or visa versa are slim.

The other is a scene where Optimus is OP again, as is with every movie. It's not really interesting to me anymore.

You may enjoy the scenes yourself, but dont tell everyone they have to enjoy those scenes also OR skip the movie.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. SimbaTron

SimbaTron Transformers & Gundam

News Credits:
    That explains why Bumblebee is seen fighting Optimus without a Mask.

3. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Well he went into space because his morals had been restored by humanity and he wanted to protect the Earth. He feared that if he stayed, the Quintessons would only send out more hunters to claim him. So he felt Earth would be safer if he went to seek out the Quintessons and face them. It was pretty much a lose/lose situation that Optimus found himself stuck in. Stay on Earth and risk more hunters coming that would cause mass damage, or leave in an attempt to take down his so-called creators.

I don't think Optimus imagined that Quintessa would actually have something that would guarantee he would follow her every command. Since the Quintessons erased the historical records, I don't even think he knew Dark Energon existed. Probably thought they would try to make him obey through other means that he could easily resist.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Oh, I'd be kinda sad if it didn't happen.

5. Ian Baeza

Ian Baeza TRANSFORMOGRAPHAGIZERS

I think oreobot will be the new prime

• Like Like x 6
  6. Uncrazimatic55

Uncrazimatic55 Well-Known Member

Probably. She wants Optimus back to do the job he was supposed to do. It apparently isn't protecting life. Also remember when Lockdown told Optimus "you save a human before yourself. You bring shame upon us all." They are at the very least selfish.

7. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  8. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Touche ;) 

9. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Poor Oreobot :(  You know it bothered me abit that they opened fire on the new bots that the humuns created , I mean the new bots were still Cybertronian .... Idk , it was just sad .

• Like Like x 1
  10. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably because those were made out of the corpses of his friends KSI murdered. It kinda disgusting from a Cybertronian point of view.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Ya know the carbon and other elements in your body could have belonged to your ansestors. It's the same thing with the KSI bots. If the movie is to be believed, then transformers in the movieverse are all made up of a single element. KSI melted down the cropses of transformers to make more of that element. Their creations weren't some kind of Frankenstein's monsters made of TF parts...a good (if unrealistic) analogy would be if someone killed a person, separated them into their base elements, and used those elements to create an entirely new person. Then the family of the deceased comes in and slaughters the creation. Are they justified? The new person didn't ask to be created, they just were, and the only thing they have in common with the dead person are the base elements which all humans are made of. Remember, matter cannot be created, nor destroyed, so everyone and everything you see today used to be part of something (or someone) else.

12. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    I could not agree with this more. On one hand the Cybertronians brough their war to Earth and unleashed Armageddon on Chicago and have, so far as we know, done nothing to rectify their transgressions besides helping Humans to fight their own wars. But on the other hand Humanity hunted down and slaughtered unknown numbers of Cybertronians like they were animals, butchering them up for profit.

• Like Like x 2
  13. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where are people getting Dark Energon from? Just because his eyes turn purple doesn't mean he's controlled by Dark Energon.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:

For those that haven't read it, here's my write-up of the official hasbro timeline from the TLK app.

15. tonyformer

News Credits:
    This is not the "official" timeline. It's the Aligned continuity timeline and they threw some movie stuff in there for good mesure, yet forgot all the events of ROTF through AOE. And you didn't answer my question. Where is the dark Energon idea coming from, since you quoted me like you was trying to answer my question?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Its on the official app, the one called transformers: the last knight, with the hasbro logo on it, and says produced by hasbro incorporated on the App Store.

17. Hotrod94573

Hotrod94573 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't call it official until we get actual confirmation

• Like Like x 3
  18. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Yeah all they did was slap the movie name on an app lol. They do his with every movie and the apps more times than not, have nothing to do with the movie.

• Like Like x 2
  19. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been debating rather the KSI bots are even alive as they lack a spark or a "Soul". Only Megatron was really alive. The animosity Optimus held towards the KSI Bots because they were dolls/playthings for Humans, not real Cybertronians to Optimus it seemed Humans viewed Cybertronian life as little as replacing a broken tool.
    Edit: I hate typing on the phone.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  20. Prime135

Prime135 Friend of Arcee

News Credits:
    Tumblr:
    Eh, I guess, but wouldn't prime have been better off destroying the humans and equipment in the lab? I mean, the autobots didn't KNOW humanity haden't developed a way to give their creations life, there are still fragments of the allspark floating around, as well as the matrix of leadership which hasn't been seen since DOTM. And as a cybernetic lifeform, wouldn't Optimus view all cybernetic life as valid, spark or no spark? You also have to look at movie 1 where it's stated that a transformer's neural net has the properties of a DNA based computer, so would a transformer created with cybertronian metal and with a cybertronian genome then not be capable of developing sentience even without a spark? Megatron did it, so with enough time, why couldn't Oreo bot?

This also brings up another point actually, how is optimus ok with slaughtering hundreds of his own species yet it took him 4 movies to kill a single human, even when they were actively hunting him? Seems a bit odd if you ask me...

Note: sorry for semi derailing the thread...the conversation would be better suited for an ethics class.