TLK Megatron - Potential Spoilers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by GoldenKnight1212, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Dconworshipper

Dconworshipper decepticon

News Credits:
    well i always consider it to be more easy to be a fan of as much tf related stuff as possible. that way i always get my transformers fix,be it from the cartoon,comics or movies. makes collecting all the figures a lot more expensive though :p 

• Like Like x 1
  2. GoldenKnight1212

GoldenKnight1212 Well-Known Member

Frank Welker actually voiced Megatron for the TF1 Video Game, he did a great job. Here's what his voice sounded like in the final battle:

My favourite quotes are:

"The Allspark belongs to me!"*

"Once I destroy the Humans, and acquire the Allspark, you'll witness the true meaning of error!"

@TFFan01 @Ironhide1234 @Moy

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Little croaky but yeah. I spent many hours on that game :p  Forgot he sat on the Lincoln memorial.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GoldenKnight1212

I never had the Game myself, I played it at a friend's house back in 2011-2012. It was great, but the driving controls were awful and the missions were really repetitive. I never got a chance to play all the characters.

On YouTube there's Videos of people playing a modified version of the Game which looks really cool. I'd love to play as Bonecrusher.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GoldenKnight1212

@TFFan01 But to be honest, I think if Weaving still voiced Megatron... It would add a lot more emotion, weight and drama to the Movies because of the history Optimus and Megatron have had from TF1, TF2 and TF3 because they had a lot of brutal fights in those Movies.

6. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I'm completely on board with Welker replacing Weaving. In a vacuum, Weaving is fine, his voice is powerful and intimidating, but in the movieverse, where all the Decepticons have growly voices, Weaving just sounds like more of the same. Welker adds a bit of age to the character's voice, making him stand out at least a little, as the oldest and wisest. Plus, when Weaving had less aggressive dialogue in DOTM, he kinda sucked. It sounded like he was struggling to do the voice without being loud. Welker has never had a problem with any tone.

Eh, not really. They had no dynamic as characters, beyond the tiniest bit in TF1. At least Welker will get you thinking of other versions of the character that have actually been used as proper rivals for their shows' Optimus Primes.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I didn't say they look completely different, I said they evoke totally different characters. TLK Megatron has a smooth, more humanoid face with distrustful, almost perma-squinty eyes. Not as angry looking. The OT design is far less human with beady eyes that are almost only visible as pupils, and the "eyelids" are fixed in an angry expression, and the face features overall have much more depth.

To be more blunt, while they both look like the same guy, TF07 looks more like a savage brute, TLK looks more like a cunning villain.

It was also more screeching and more akin to G1 Megatron than the very subdued Prime performance.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Dconworshipper

Dconworshipper decepticon

News Credits:
    yeah. i feel that his prime performance was the most fitting. it wasn't overly cartoon-ish while also not being monster-ish. it was a perfect blend.
    plus you really felt his sinister personality. g1 megs was good for it's time but when watching the cartoon now it feels really played as opposed to being acted.

weaving's megs however was to monotone and loud even when he was calm. it was just a monster-ish voice.

i am happy welker takes the role again after his sublime tf prime megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :redface2: 

Edit:
    Like @Dconworshipper said, if they can getWelkers voice to sound like prime Megs, but deeper, I'll be happy.

10. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it just me or does The Last Knight Megatron's Look
    megatron-robot-mode-transformers-last-knight.jpg
    Remind anyone of the unused Season 4 Megatron's Marauder Look? (Note: Fan Art but looks like toy)
    41bc0af5ca00b15558a5ef5582bb6e55.jpg
    Marauder-Megatron-1_1279376342.jpg
    Especially the Battle Mask.

11. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    I think it's pretty neat that Frank Welker would be returning and also figured since Hugo Weaving wasn't interested and why waste the money to get an actor who isn't interested when you already have one that's more than happy to voice the character.

12. FlamingBolt

FlamingBolt Well-Known Member

bringing that up makes me miss Animated....

but only the face it looks similar to..it kinda looks similar to G1 Megs in the face a bit too without the battlemask

13. GoldenKnight1212

I kind of felt like they did have some bad blood that would make Megatron's role beyond TF3 interesting, especially when he meets Optimus. The reason why I'm saying this is because Optimus gave Megatron severe beatings such as he literally used Megatron's own fusion cannon to blast half of his face off. Not only did he do that, but he also rejected Megatron's attempt of making a truce by ripping his head off.

According to Megatron's TF5 toy biography, he and the rest of Decepticons are out for revenge against the Autobots, especially Optimus who Megatron is very eager to find. This kind of gave me the impression that Megatron's personal revenge on Optimus is due to what Optimus did to Megatron in TF2 and TF3.

14. GoldenKnight1212

Ah, fair enough. I think we understand each other now. I was trying to say that TF1 and TF5 Megatron look like the same guy, unlike TF4 Megatron/Galvatron who didn't look recognizable at all.

15. soundwaverulls

Optimus enacted his sick fantasies on a lot of Decepticons. He used Screamer to shoot Grindor, then later chopped Screamer's arm off and beat him with it. AOE could've resurrected literally any Decepticon and they'd have just as much reason to hate Optimus as Megatron does.

• Like Like x 2
  16. GoldenKnight1212

None of those Decepticons had so many encounters with Optimus and received the amount of physical beatings and punishment Megatron did.

• Like Like x 1
  17. soundwaverulls

Mainly because he's the only one to ever walk away or be resurrected. Fights alone really don't make a complete character dynamic, certainly not enough to make me feel like they need to bring Megatron's previous voice actor back.

18. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

It’s saddening to hear Hugo Weaving disliked the role because I preferred his performance for the films. I know Welker is nostalgic but when I compare Weaving’s “I am Megatron!” to Welker’s “I am Galvatron!” One sounds low and chilling and one sounds scratchy and old, I’m sorry don’t hurt me lol :confused2 

I especially disliked Galvatron’s “No, they’re ruining everything!” because it’s so…bratty or more like a temper tantrum? I wanna say? Some lines sounded better than others in AoE.

Not hating but some voices fit versions over others. For example Corey Burton is my favorite Megatron but I cannot in anyway see that voice for Megatron in the film.

I think if Welker lowered his voice tone a bit he’s sound more menacing over scratchy.

• Like Like x 2
  19. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    As others have pointed out, there's a big, big difference between Welker's G1 Megatron and his TFP Megatron. Of course it's the same voice, though older and deeper, but his performance in TFP is more nuanced with emotion and range. Like here, here, here and here.

I'm thrilled if he is indeed the voice in TF5, and hopefully he gets more than a few short lines.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't agree that Weaving was intimidating. There were times that his voice just didn't fit the character/performance, particularly in scenes when he was just having a conversation with another bot. Not to mention that his TF07 body looks too lanky to be scary.

I am assuming that the voice in TFP is the one that Welker will employ for this character, as someone has pointed out, since this Megatron looks like a cunning villain.