TLK Hot Rod Stress Marks??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JomasterII, Nov 9, 2018 at 6:59 AM.

1. JomasterII

JomasterII Nobody interesting

News Credits:
    Gday all,
    I've just noticed something about my TLK deluxe Hot Rod. The back of his head is made out of translucent plastic (theoretically allowing for light piping... too bad that there's none to be found). However this has caused a nasty, NASTY problem. The little fins on the back of his head, which can be seen here...
    [​IMG]
    Have started to form some stress marks after transforming him. I'm SUPER scared that this figure which was a huge pain in the arse to purchase and get into my country is going to just bust on me after transforming him a few more times.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know how to minimise it?

2. Flash1087

Flash1087 Department of False Hope

Ebay:
    I dunno how helpful this is, but if you want a second one there's a ton of them at a store by me that I could totally ship to you.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JomasterII

News Credits:
    Last time I bought one it cost me full retail after shipping.

4. JomasterII

News Credits:
    You know, the more I play with TLK Hot Rod, the more I think it's a horribly designed remould. The head is a lose-lose situation. Turn it the way Hasbro wants during transformation and the paint and plastic comes off the nose. Turn is backwards and it's less paint scraping but the back head fins are stressed to hell and back.

5. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi i’m in love with my car

I got him last Christmas. The first few transformations were hella stressful since the joints are very stiff and feel like they’re gonna break everytime.

After 5 or so TFs I got the hang of him and now he transforms just fine. I have no idea why his head were designed with back fins, but so far my figure hasn’t snapped or anything yet.

UPDATE: so i just checked my Hot Rod and yeah you’re right. And it ain’t good
    EDBB3F09-CB9B-4824-ADA1-D1EB36D9F038.jpeg
    While he hasn’t broken (hopefully not), I think it won’t really matter since those fins aren’t crucial to the transformation.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 9:35 AM
  6. JomasterII

News Credits:
    Yikes, those marks are even worse than mine.