TLK Deluxe wave 2 spotted at Target in VA

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Daimao, May 11, 2017.

1. ultramagnus80

ultramagnus80 Well-Known Member

That just makes it much worse. For what they are charging, there should be a new mold for every figure. As far as Optimus goes, it was probably cheaper to retool the clip-on than the ball joints. Thanks for your input as I didn't realize that Hasbro had actually reached that far back.

2. ultramagnus80

And they have both been done before. If I were throwing down twenty, it would on a new character only. I imagine most do this though, which drives up the cost on the secondary market and clogs the pegs.

3. ultramagnus80

Exactly, I ONLY shop secondary unless it is someone really cool, like I did with Leader Ultra Magnus. I think that is the only figure I have bought for my own collection at retail in the last two years. Smart guy.

They really have an "Unpopular Toy opinions thread"? You have to be kidding me.

You gave a Transformer to your girlfriend? That is awesome. That didn't happen when I was younger. If you did that to a girl when I was growing up, she would have spit in you face and stomped it, leaving you looking and feeling like a total tool.

And you returned the Optimus? Did you open it? Hopefully so. Berserker is that lame copy if the one from DOTM, right? The robot with the silly looking dreadlocks?

• Like Like x 1
  4. ultramagnus80

And you bring a great point that I did not think of, my friend. Region plays a huge part in pricing. I live in a rust belt city, so the $8.99 I seen was normal for my region, whereas in yours, being in a big, successful city like Vegas, were at 9.99

I would be willing to wager my local Walmart has the new deluxes for $14.99. Walmart seems to price their stuff based on region, as I frequently go to Indianapolis and the Walmart in Fishers has higher prices on some things there, especially grocery items

5. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    So has anybody else spotted these at Target?

6. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really hope bumblebee, steelbane (or skullitron), nitro, and megatron turn this line around.

As much as I dislike the movies themselves, I really love most of the designs. But these designs combined with hasbro's cheap as physically possible policy just don't mesh well.

There's such potential for some really awesome figures, but it's wasted. I wish they had stuck with cheap little kids toys, and the deluxe/voyager/leader figures for older kids/collectors. But that point is long gone.

I understand the need for simpler transformations, but that doesn't mean they need to feel like KO dollar store toys.

7. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Impressive.

Yeah, but it's more like "What can I dislike that will get the most attention?"

She has a Barricade collection.

Yeah, I opened and messed with Optimus for a day. Ended up returning it because I hated the leg articulation and the shoulder connections.
    Berserker is a new mold, and not really lame. I actually like it once the transformation is figured out.

8. ultramagnus80

My son really wants a Megatron One Step, so I hope it gets some love in this line as well. I think in their minds they still believe they are catering to the teenage/adult collector with these. Its the material. They need to pull that repro material out of these toys and they will feel like they used to. There is no reason for it at this point, except the fact that it helps boost the bottom line.

Yep, design of the Transformer today is the only thing it has on the past lines, but if you do not dig them yourself, then that is going to kill any reason why one would want these. I saw Slash today at Meijer, I think that it who it was, had a silver paint app. It looks a lot better than that goofy color scheme they used for AOE, but it looks like the same mold. I also noticed to day, for the first time, that Voyagers are $30 for this line. Crazy. Think that the price point for these wee $20 not too long ago. I remember spending $19.99 on FOC Springer in 2013, I think, and that was four years ago. Thats insane. Think that at that rate, by the time the third movie in this set comes out, the 6th, the Voyagers will be $40. What in the hell are they thinking??

They did have the Legends class for 6.99, which was the cheapest I have seen for them vs TRU and Target. I think they were $8 at both of those stores.

9. ultramagnus80

I thought Berserker was basically Crankcase? Kinda like Grindor and Blackout from the first two movies. Different characters, but the same deco?

Girls did not really get into the stuff they do now when I was younger. You guys are fortunate if you have someone that shares that interest, because there ain't nothing cooler than a Transformer.

Yeah, I actually bought my Legends Brawn from China for about $9 a month before it hit retail. You guys should watch ebay for Seaspray, if interested. I saw someone already pushing it, but they want like $18 right now because they are the only ones up. If they still are now. In a month from now, if that, you can get one that way for a few bucks cheaper than retail, no tax, and forget about looking in store, or paying a markup for the popular wave mate. It only took about a week and a half to show up, and was official, in package, just like if I would have bought it at Walmart.

HAHA! Good. Maybe Hasbro will get the message when their price inflated stock comes back with a note that says "poor quality".

10. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

Hey, loose joints are nothing a bit of Future won't alleviate.

I really want Steelbane (RAWR DRAGON), but no dice yet. There's an eBay seller who has him for $30, but meh.

11. Hurleychris07

Hurleychris07 Active Member

News Credits:
    It's not just the joints, the pegs that they decided to use for the chest and crotch do not work well whatsoever, I can post some pics later on

12. Prime135

Prime135 "Boldly we go"

News Credits:
    Floor polish'll help with those too ;) 

13. Hurleychris07

Hurleychris07 Active Member

News Credits:
    I know the polish trick lol, it doesn't work on the tabs very well... Go watch emgo's review, his is just as floppy as mine

14. Prime135

Prime135 "Boldly we go"

News Credits:
    Yeah, but I've also seen a few reviews with a drift that can hardly stand because his ankles are so loose, and mine is fine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Both the original AOE Drift and the new one are loser than they should be. My new Drift stands fine (in fact possibly slightly better than my AOE one), but over all he is loser than the AOE one.

I like though. Maybe more than the last, I can't decide.

• Like Like x 1
  16. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

Lol yesterday my local Walmart just put out wave one. A couple of each deluxe and a couple of each voyager. Picked up an optimus and thought about Barricade but I really wasn't sure I wanted to spend $20 on him just yet, although it is a nice looking figure.

17. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    So... has anyone else besides that one dude in Virginia actually found the wave 2 Deluxes in the wild? In the sightings forum, everyone just keeps asking if anyone else has seen them.

18. Nilo1007

Nilo1007 New Member

My local ToysRus in Germany also has the Wave 2 Deluxes available (and I already got all of them :D )
    Now I´m waiting for the Wave 3 Deluxes and the Wave 2 Voyagers.

19. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I was talking about the US.

Where in Germany? A fellow German fan recently found Steelbane at the local Galeria Kaufhof store.

20. Nilo1007

Nilo1007 New Member

I know....just wanted to give information for maybe German fans, like me

Near Frankfurt.