TakaraTomy TLK-15 Caliber Optimus Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by kianzone, May 28, 2017.

1. Dinobot Grimlock

Dinobot Grimlock Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Caliber Optimus Prime retool of Armor Knight Optimus Prime[​IMG]

2. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    As figures of movie Optimus go, this is definitely the definitive one I would buy.

3. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Looks awesome! I'm in!

I already own Takara AD-31 Optimus and really like him but the backpack does detract from the mold, for sure. Love the inclusion of his axe and integrated shield in alt mode. More display options is always cool! Good ol' AD-31 can stay in truck mode after I get Calibur Optimus.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So uh...yeah. This looks really good! The choice of shield is so off-the-wall that I wonder if they are compatible with the RotF-mold Leader or the new Masterpiece to give a DotM weapon set. Personally I have been wanting a version of Prime to pose with that axe and shield for ages.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want to like this but it is far from being the definitive version of Movie Optimus Prime. Also the low quality of Takara nowadays doesn't justify the importation cost. At the end is all about lossing money.

Wondering if Wei Jiang will offer an improved version in the future, just like they did with Evasion Optimus Prime.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. John TheDestroyer

John TheDestroyer Cognitive ability of a rock

News Credits:
    I'm still holding out hope that we'll get a new mold leader Optimus. The voyager for TLK is better than any versions of the AoE leader, so I'm sure they can make a leader figure now that is far better than the AoE mold.

• Like Like x 3
  7. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's ok figure like shield is in transformation to truck not just laying on back side look gooofy still undecided if will prime figure in this series will wait for video review on voyager prime figure to decide

8. primeisboss

primeisboss Bearing the Matrix of Leadership

News Credits:
    As much as I love my armor knight prime, I'm not sure what to think of this guy. I'm curious as to why they decided to give him both the axe and shield from DOTM. What bugs me is that they went to the trouble of removing the backpack, but didn't try to remold the shoulder armor parts to me more movie accurate. Does he come with the sword? I think the main factor is going to be how much this guy will cost.

9. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's some awesome re-engineering, too bad Hasbro won't give us this version.

10. artimus prime

artimus prime Articulation Junkie... I'm a poser

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    While the actual Optimus figure doesn't interest me at all, the transforming shield does. I wonder how compact it can get? It would be cool to plug it into the UFO weapons trailer as an accessory that works kinda like the film.

11. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Thank you man that's awesome of you to chime in. If your japanese can you please tell me more about what the new Dual Model Kit for The Last Knight says in the add? Whether or not it's pre applied flame decals this time is really what I'm curious about thanks :) 

Yup the Dark Spark Voyager Optimus Prime, Caliber Optimus Prime, Toyworld Primorion, Generation Toys GT-03 Leader, & the MPM-04 Optimus Prime (my most wanted figure I this list!) are on my lists. And that's JUST Optimus :lol 

This figure is NOT low quality none of the movie toys Hasbro or TakaraTomy. I know Titans Return+RiD/Legends Series+Adventure are. For most part. But The Last Knight is not and neither is AD-31 (rhe precursor to this mold)

• Like Like x 2
  12. VictoryBot93

VictoryBot93 Well-Known Member

I freaking love how this looks, but man that price. It's the reason I don't really buy Takara's versions, ever. But I do hope that we'll get some kinda Platinum Edition with this mold from Hasbro at some point. Maybe that'll lower the price a bit with whatever changes in paint they might make to it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Yup with money ans time, they definitely could. By money I obviously mean their budget and I'm sure it doesn't have ANOTHER Leader Prime til at least 2018 if not longer.

HOWEVER I can see them making a Masterpiece instead for Transformers 6 possibly?

Yea except no way we'd get this level of paint and I'm pretty sure they don't own the mold or else they would, would they not?. It's most likely owned exclusively by TakaraTomy. There has been @ least 3 releases since by Hasbro and they refuse to upgrade it for whatever reason.

14. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Buy overseas that's what I do and I save a ton of money. ;) 

15. Type-R

Type-R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Neat concept! But unfortunately, not a great mold.

• Like Like x 2
  16. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    No its all good man no worries man, and I always hear somebody out. I'm not against change (even Transformers imagine that lol) & always trying to put myself in other people's shoes and listen to opinions.

17. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 "Boy, you returned for me" - me when MPMs

News Credits:
    For what it's worth, its definitely not too shabby. Normally I'd be first in line to denounce a partsformer, but because this release willingly went with the much more superior Armor Knight Optimus Prime base, I don't feel like its taking advantage of consumers. This wont be on my wishlist, as it still fails to have movie accurate rims (the Lost Age Battle Command Prime got this one right, so why can't this version?), but I am glad it exists as an option for those looking for a good Knight Prime

18. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Ooooh this looks nice. I actually liked the AoE leader prime and since I only have the Takara first release (prior to the more accurate chest, gloves, what not) I'm gonna be all over this

• Like Like x 2
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    What a creative way of solving the kibble issue.

I doubt I'll get it, but it's cool as all hell.

20. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Looks nice, but I already have AD-31, so despite the improvement, I'll pass.