TJ TV: Transformers Armada

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by TJOmega, Sep 18, 2010.

1. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    As some of you know, I have a side project now along with reviewing toys. Only now, though, do the two finally come together. TJ TV presents Transformers Armada!

Content Warnings: Foul language so NSFW, and not safe for ANY fan of Armada, especially Hot Shot. (Nobody tell Walky) I cant embed the video player for this one, so please check it out here:

TJ TV - Taking Revenge on my Childhood: TJ TV - Transformers Armada

Note, for those who are a fan of Armada, keep in mind this is satirical and comedic exaggeration, I do it to entertain, not pointlessly abuse. IE, it's just a joke.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  2. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A great episodes, like the others, but one thing's been bugging me a bit. Why is a brief clip of Mega Man 7 in your opening? That's not a tv show, silly Omegus :lol .

3. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    JOLT!
    It's Still Sparkplug!
    That was hilarious.
    I was actually expecting to see something like Mummies Alive before you hit Armada.
    Maybe BM...

4. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    :lolol  :lolol . Loved it.

Strange thing is, I still like Armada toys. Even Hotshot :crazy: .

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    When ya fuck with the truck ya lose your face! :lol  Needs to be on a T-shirt.

6. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    GREATTTTT... XD
    Funnny!
    I love the series still!

7. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Why does Hot Shot need a Minicon up his ass to fire his weapon?"
    Best. Line. Ever.
    Another scathing look at a T.V series we've all come to hate. Good job.

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    armada was awesome, sure it had its weakpoints, but the second half (expecially the unicron battles) were FANTASTIC

still the best starscream along with animated

9. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

Another great episode. I look forward to more Transformers show reviews.

I imagine this will be a pretty long series as well since there is still G1, BW, BM, and both sequels to Armada and even RiD.

10. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I highly doubt that.

11. TJOmega

News Credits:
    Well remember TJ TV isn't just bashing old cartoons, I review what I like, too. If I can find humor in it, it's a possibility.

12. Lacimehc

Huh? why not? Both BW and G1 are shown in the intro...

13. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    That, and G1 wasn't perfect.
    I'd think that if TJ took all the inconsistencies, animation errors, etc from G1, he'd make it hilarious.
    Oh, and TJ, you ever consider doing one of the movies for your 50th TJ TV?
    As for BW...I'd think he'd have to take some of the lines out of context, or review more than just one or two episodes...

14. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, I didn't know that. In that case, then yeah, you shouldn't have any trouble in finding humor in those.

15. Lacimehc

Well the pilot for BW wasn't perfect... I'm sure he could add some humor to it.

16. Matrixbeast

Ebay:
    Well, I'll admit that I'm a bit fuzzy on the pilot.

17. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome episode. I can't wait for the Cybertron one.

P.S. Where did you get that shirt? :lol 

18. TJOmega

News Credits:
    Had it made for Botcon, but it's up on my YouTube page's shirt store now by popular demand.

19. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

OK I originally posted these comments on YouTube but then I remembered that TJ has an account here so I thought I'd look for the topic so I could post my comments to others rather than just TJ himself. So posted before I actually watched the episode.

"I am so glad the first Transformers episode is Armada. You may not know this but I regard Armada is the WORST Transformers series ever made. The one saving point of the whole series was the episode "Past part 2" but that's not saying much when the rest of the series is total crap. I am surprised though because I thought you were only doing 80's cartoons so I was expecting G1 it is nice to get out of the 80's for once. :) "

And after.

"Things you forgot to mention. Characters changing colors randomly. Thrust being said to be a strategical mastermind but never once comes close to achieving anything. Tidal Wave being said to be a great leader but is actually just a stupid follower. Sideways changing from a Unicron hentchman to Unicron himself and turning into Nemesis Prime for an episode completely randomly. And of course Megatron being the one to play the hero of the series sacrificing himself to defeat Unicron. WTF?"

Now there was other stuff I wanted to say as well just because Armada is such a horrible series but I didn't have room in the comments. Reason two why I came here, I don't want to spam the comments on YouTube.

Anyway, what I didn't get to say is that I'm not a big fan of Micheal Bay's Transformers. The plot is just explosions and that's pretty much it but compared to Armada Micheal Bay is a freaking genius! The live action movies actually had many of the same problems as Armada.

The first episode of Armada hardly showed the Transformers at all except for the 3 Mini-cons and the glimpse of Optimus and Megatron at the end. The first live action movie also didn't focus enough on the Transformers but it did show more than just 5 characters and some of them even spoke English unlike Armada where they didn't speak at all.

Both Armada and the live action films have characters that don't make any freaking sense. In addition to what I listed about for Armada characters, in ROTF we have a Megatron who states "Even in death I am the leader" then two sec. later bows down to The Fallen for no apparent reason. Starscream's voice changes between the two movies even though he has the same voice actor in both movies. Starscreams tone in the first movie was too similar to Megatron's and in the second movie he actually sounded like a Starscream. And lets not forget the fact that all but 2 members of Constructicons were all killed before Devastator was even formed or were active in robot mode at the exact same time they were suppose to be forming limbs on Devastator. The other two characters, didn't have robot modes at all except in the Legends version of the Devastator toy. And lets not forget how the live action films like to kill off characters mere moments after their introduced not giving the audience any time to give a damn about their deaths except for Optimus Prime, Megatron, and The Fallen but out of the 3 two of them were brought back to life so they don't really count. :p 

So how are the live action movies better than Armada? Well, the CGI looks amazing in the movies and no one is ever called by the wrong name every two seconds of the film. Though some characters actually were called by the wrong name sense Hasbro and the Writers named the tank in the first movie Brawl but apparently Micheal Bay and his editing team decided they needed two really bad Devastators in the same continuity and that got worse in ROTF when some characters were credited under 2 or 3 different names while other characters had no names at all. The Seven Primes, the main plot devices of the movie and only one of them gets named and he's the bad guy while a minor character who gets killed in the first 10 min. of the movie has 3 different names and still manages to come back at the end of the movie to form Devastator's torso.

Anyway... sense we never actually hear any of names on screen and never see the transformations of Devastator's parts it's easy to shrug off the errors, call the characters whatever the hell you want, and say that Devastator is actually a separate character rather than a gestalt of other characters and then the movies don't seem that bad. With Armada on the other hand, there's no saving it. There's just far too many on screen errors to ignore and shrug off as something else.

I would rather watch Micheal Bay's Transformers over Armada any day. That's not saying much sense Micheal Bay's is the second worst Transformers franchise ever created.

As for Armada's sequels, well, if you ignore the fact that they're sequels and regard them as stand alone series they're not so bad. The main issue with Energon is the fact that Downshift and Cliffjumper constantly trade names. Cybertron was actually created as a stand alone series in Japan but Hasbro dubbed it as a sequel and thankfully dubbed in enough plot holes to make it work better as a stand alone series anyway because who wants another sequel to that crap?

20. Optimal Primus

Optimal Primus Enabler

News Credits:
    Armada may have had its quirks, but it was awesome for me. Of course, I was only 7.

Awesome episode man, I love TJ TV