Tivo...

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Lumpy, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    does anyone know how to get a tivo to record two shows at the same time? is it even possible? there's too many shows going against each other this fall and my wife and i cant decide how we're going to see everything...

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you would need a TIVO with multiple tuners for that. The real problem is in February when TV changes to digital and you don't have a digital TIVO... at lest that's going to be my problem.

3. Lumpy

News Credits:
    seriously? is tivo going to do anything about that? i dont even think i know everything i need to about the switch over... is it gonna render bunny ears useless? cuz that's all i've got now cuz i cant afford cable...and our apartment faces the wrong way for satellite...

4. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

I think there's an adapter you can buy for the changeover. I remember seeing something about a $40 government coupon for one a while back

6. Lumpy

News Credits:
    yeah, i found that stuff...thanks...it might be better just to buy a new tv...but this tivo thing has me worried now...i'm gonna be pissed if it doesnt keep working, and tivo doesnt do anything to help us out...my parents bought us our tivo and a 3 year service plan last christmas...so if it stops working, thats not good...

7. Lumpy

News Credits:
    oooh, i looked on their website and found the tivo that can record two things at once, but of course, i cant upgrade to that and return the one i've had...so i guess i've gotta figure out how to sell this one, and then buy the new one...ugh...

8. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I've been seriously looking into getting a Tivo recently. Definitely need one of the HA ones with 2 Tuners though.

9. Lumpy

News Credits:
    we love ours man...its fantastic to not worry about being home when a show airs, and to skip most of the commercials...only drag is ours doesnt do two things at one time, so we've got bunny ears to the tivo, and bunny ears to the tv so if we are home we can watch something else, or set the vcr to record something extra...