Title, Details and Release Date Revealed for Shout! Factory's Transformers Complete C

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by 0ptimus__Prime, Apr 18, 2009.

1. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    More Info Revealed for Shout! Factory's Transformers Complete Collection

Home Media Magazine has revealed a number of details about the upcoming release of the complete Generation 1 Transformers series on DVD by Shout! Factory. It will be known as "The Transformers: 25th Anniversary “Matrix of Leadership” Edition Collector’s Set", with the packaging designed in the likeness of the fabled Autobot artifact. which will open to reveal the digistack trays that will contain the 16 DVD's that will make up the set.

In addition to that, the report states that in addition to the special features contained within the individual season sets, the complete series package will include two exclusive features: an interview with Marvel Comics writer Bob Budiansky, and a rountable discussion with eight of the voice actors involved with the show, including Frank Welker. They also reveal that the Animated Movie is not to be included with the set.

Finally, they have revealed that the set, along with the GI Joe Complete Collection, will be first released during this year's San Diego Comic-Con, from July 23-26, 2009, whereafter they will be made available online before being released to the general public.

Click here for the complete information.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Skywave

Skywave Transformers Noob

That's great info, but I also want to know how much! The article say 30$ for season one, so I wonder how much they'll charge for the whole set.

The matrix-shaped box is interesting but I hope it's not too big, I want to put it with the otehr DVD on the shelve...

3. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "E-Z-B, I actually own the Japanese Headmasters sets myself. Like I said, I'm a lifer. Unfortunately, however, these shows--due to Japanese cast agreements--are a FORTUNE. I would love to say we'd be including something on our set, but I'm afraid it's pretty close to impossible."

Loks like no headmasters, masterforce, or victory for america folks. Your have to import it.

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As for price I would estimate the complete sets will go for $90 - $120 US.

It's also nice to hear they won't be stripping the individual season set bonus material for the complete series set.

5. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    The amount of threads started for these DVD sets is getting to be ridiculous. This infor was already posted in this forum and the GD forum. I think there are like 6 threads about this now...it would be nice if we just had 1 thread concerning these DVDs

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope the Matrix container holds the general release boxes of the season sets for easier storage. The Matrix thing is nice, but I want to be able to put it on a shelf..

7. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    That sounds awesome.

8. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Why not in Blu-Ray!?

9. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    They talked about that in the interviews that have been linked in many of these threads...simply not worth it wouldnt be able to make the graphics any better

10. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Highly interested in the GI Joe set, especially everything post-movie in that continuity (I barely ever got to see things, and Cobra Commander in battle armor was my only and thus favorite Cobra Commander incarnation).

11. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

Sounds nice :thumbs2:  though I am wondering how much it will be. Guess there's only one thing left to do...time to wait and see :popcorn 

12. Super Dude

Super Dude Active Member

i'm getting more and more excited about this. Hearing about how much time and money they are putting into remastering and color correcting it, one thing that i'd really like to know is if they are going to "recolor" certain parts, so we don't have Starscream standing behind Starscream. and other glaring animation/color mistakes

13. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    in one of the last threads they said they had searched the web and all found and corrected all the mistakes that were pointed out by fans and even some that weren't, i am really excited about these too, can't wait to get the 25th anniversary set, matrix shaped and all

14. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :drool:  WOW!! I'm buying this one and the GI Joe one. They're going to be over $100 each I assume.

15. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're one episode were Optimus was saying something but It was Ironhide's voice. It was funny cause I don't think Ironhide was in the episode. I wonder if they'll be able to fix that. They'll probably have Peter Cullen come in and say that one line.

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    you serious? holy sh*t this is going to be AWESOME!!!!!!!!! no more 12 starscreams in one frame lol

17. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This GI JOE set is just the Sunbow episodes leading up to the movie. The episodes after the movie were done by DIC studios and won't be in this collection.

18. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok I'm confused now. What is the difference between this and just the Season 1 dvd set coming out besides that these have all four seasons.

Do we still get the magnet and the commercials, and the goodies mentioned for the season one dvd collection?

19. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I'm not surprised at that answer. Dissapointed but not surprised.

20. _Galvatron_

_Galvatron_ Emperor of Destruction

I am so psyched about the round table!!! This set is so gonna be mine!!!