Titans Returns Roadburn first pic... :)

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by vproject, Dec 29, 2016.

1. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    So? No one was talking about them all being in Titans Return or whatever. They don't have to make them all at once. Generations is an ongoing series, and they'll complete the sub-groups in time.

Anyway you were insinuating that Hasbro just isn't going to make more Throttlebots ever, when all evidence suggests otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Richard McBeef

Richard McBeef Banned

It might take half a decade or more, but we'll probably have most, if not all, of the Throttlebots around then. I'll be 45 and won't care by then though.

3. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Other than my Wheelie in alt mode, my experience with both CW/UW and TR/Gen/Legends has been a good one with an occasional floppy joint here and there. The only other main issue was with my UW Bruticus set, but I fixed those easy enough, not that I should have had to.

4. shadowfall1976

Hasbro has said the contrary already, they said they would complete teams. I mean we got Kickback, took three lines/sublines but we got all three. It's not like there's 20 Throttlebots, there are six and we've seen one already. Plus I thought Freeway and Searchlight were hinted at or in listings or something.

Hell, Rollbar could be a retool of Brawn, but, I wish they'd keep the basic transform style the same...IE..hood feet and roof chest

• Like Like x 1
  5. Drake915

Drake915 Autobot Scout

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't say they wouldn't ever, I just said we wouldn't get the rest of the group and implied for this line. I don't think we will get them with the next line either actually. I really hope I'm wrong, cause I loved those characters when I was a kid, but I'm just jaded enough from Hasbro that I don't believe they'll do it.

6. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    especially for teams like the Insecticons it would have been nice if they where released in the same subline.
    They all had a leftover pilot feature from the diaclone line, it would have been nice if they had all been made to seat Titanmasters and in a better way than Kickback does it at that.

7. shadowfall1976

That's kind of the thing that bugs me, not so much the seat, which is awesome by the way, but the fact that all tree Hasbro releases will be inconsistent with each other in terms of design and deco. Shrapnel has a lighter yellow chest, Bombshell a darker Purple and darker yellow and Kickback has a transparent yellow chest...the Vintage ones were basically the same shades and all had transparent chests.

And Kickback now has transparent wings when IMO they should have been silver.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Argh... can't we just be happy to have insecticons? Does it have to be exactly like G1? I grew up in the 80's and I think it's just fine the way they are. I'm just glad to see a modern take on my childhood figures.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Richard McBeef

Richard McBeef Banned

The Insecticons will most likely get more G1 decos down the line, possibly in a 3-pack. Just wait.

• Like Like x 2
  10. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Remember when Universe 2.0 was going on and people were lambasted for wanting everything to NOT be GEEWUNNNNNN, and now with the current lines it has to be slavish?

If only the Diaclone Insecticons would be done in a boxed set like that. Not even sure Takara would touch that one. I'm also wondering how long it'll take for some more Deluxe Insecticon remolds, and a faint hope of some Beetras repaints.

• Like Like x 3
  11. shadowfall1976

Where exactly did I say they had to be exactly like G1? To that aspect I only commented about Kickbacks wings not being silver.

What I was commenting on the lack of consistency on the colors between the 3 figures because they were not from the same line but spread out amongst 3, not about not being G1.

And since you asked...yes, yes it does... :D 

12. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ransack from Kickback seems like a no-brainer. Barrage could be retooled from either Bombshell or Beast Hunters Hardshell. Venom would need a new mold. I doubt we'll see Beetras or Waruder repaints of all of them unless (a) the replacement for FunPub at Hasbro is fundamentally different than I think it will be or (b) eHobby really likes the idea. Just doesn't seem like a mainline Takara or Hasbro set.

Vaguely on topic of what else could be done w/the legends class, what about the Sparkabots and Firecons? We have a few mini-bots left (all rumored, I believe, except Hubcap and Outback, but both are easy remolds of other rumored figures), the Throttlebots (half of whom are rumored), the deluxe insecticons and Reflector left through the '87 toyline.

• Like Like x 1
  13. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    There is also the Triggercons/bots and quite a few undone tapes (frenzy, Rewind, the Dino's, the combiners, ratbat), hopefully the come up with a better form factor and redo a good portion of them, none of the TR ones are satisfactory IMHO.

We haven't got official versions of the Battlechargers either.

a good portion of the minibots could stand a redo as well (Huffer, Pipes, Tailgate -- aesthetically looked like he was from a different line, Windcharger -- not that I'd replace the scout version, a proper Cliffjumper, Bumper/Bumblejumper)

You could also do some of the Gobot name slap repaints that have cropped up as exclusives.

Regardless, at approx. 12 or so legends a year, they've got a lot of fodder for at least the next few, and that's not even touching Micromasters....

14. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Didn't Takara do the battlechargers from cw blackjack?

15. Bob Schoonover

News Credits:
    Yup, plus the deluxe FunPub ones. Nothing from Hasbro at retail, though

16. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Chopshop could do with doing again with new Mandibles.

17. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    You know, I'm actually quite fine with Chop Shop as he is. And if a green and yellow Bombshell with only a new head is how we can get Barrage, then sign me up. It's no different than that Dogfight they did, I don't need slavish G1. What I require is the figures get done. Wheeljack wasn't an original mold, as he shared molds with first Tracks and then Breakdown. The world didn't end, and I think the Gen Wheeljack is a phenomenal toy. I just want the lines completed.

• Like Like x 2
  18. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Yep, and I'd be perfectly happy with those (that's a cool little mold) if we could get them at US retail, but wasn't the white one a pricey exclusive?

They also did the Triggerbot motorcycle (Override?) as a repaints of Legends groove.

But for the purpose of this conversation I wasn't really considering pricey imports :p 

• Like Like x 1
  19. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Looking at Generations Legends Skrapnel and CW Bombshell, the problem with those two is their chests aren't actually thick enough for transparent plastic nor is there a place for a hinge for the panel to open or otherwise be attached to the figure (short of gluing it on, but that would look cheap and eventually break off). Kickback gets away with it because he was designed for the TR Legends gimmick of having a Titanmaster sit inside him, but the cockpit hatch is hinged at the waist and thus prevented the inclusion of a waist swivel, which the other two Legends Insecticons have by default.

Well, of the seven Takatoku Toys robot moldings licensed to Hasbro and thus not released in Japan under Takara, the Deluxe Insecticons are the only four remaining. The other three were Roadbuster, Whirl, and Jetfire, and the first two did get fairly G1-ish Voyagers a few years back while the latter got a *very* nice Leader (excluding the hollow limbs issue) following a judge dismissing Harmony Gold's lawsuit so hard that they can't ever sue Hasbro over that bullshit again (meaning the Leader is a metaphorical middle finger on Hasbro's part right in HG's faces).

No idea what Takara's angle on this will be, but Hasbro's pulling out some super obscure characters for TR offerings - still can't get over the fact freakin' Lione got a dedicated TM single pack release so early on - and Chop Shop got a CW release by means of a head retooled Gen. Skrapnel recolor. I don't doubt that eventually some true Deluxe Insecticons will come out given how well Generations is doing with these mini-sublines.

I think that actually may be the hardest sell when it comes to the Insecticons - they're normally too uniform. Alt. modes aside, most of what makes them more individual from each other is entirely character fiction, and the transparent chests were vestigial leftovers from the original releases under Diaclone. They don't really have redeco potential outside of the limited number of other insects that are beetles or grasshoppers and even their names have been a point of change in recent years.

Personally, the way I see it, the fact the original trio aren't entirely uniform but are still clearly meant to have a similar color scheme helps differentiate the individuals while retaining a clear intention of being a part of the same group. Each of them has a different gimmick (Skrapnel has a camera gun, Bombshell is a gun...sorta, Kickback has a TM-compatible chest cockpit), but since technically Gen. 30, CW, and TR are all just theme variations of Generations as a whole, they're meant to be grouped as the intended trio without looking out of place.

There was DOTM Cyberverse Commander Guzzle who aside from a bit of superdetailing actually fits well in a Classics/Generations lineup as a stand-in because he's shorter than G1 Powerglide (ignoring the tank barrel on his back being twice that height, of course). Otherwise, the sparker gimmick groups I don't see having high priority (aside from a new Guzzle due to LSoTW).

Throttlebots would be simple - Goldbug is to Bumblebee like Nemesis Prime is to Optimus in terms of secondary obvious repaints (vs. Cliffjumper repaints to Ultra Magnus repaints), we're getting Roadburn (since Chase is already being used by the Rescue Bot cop), Rollbar tends to be a generic 'safe' name but could be a Brawn retool (plus way back when he got a freakin' Alternators release as a Swindle repaint), Searchlight is a bit of a hard sell if you're trying to add the hilariously ridiculous headlight array as a retool (the name was used as recently as PCC though), Freeway would probably share a mold with Roadburn or Searchlight because he's so generic looking as a car, which leaves only Wideload as the problem child because he's a dump truck and thus low repaint potential as tying to do a Long Haul out of him would be pathetic in the wake of Titan Devestator.

Ironically, you're so on the nose about the mini-bots that the only ones still needing a modern update...are the Bumblebee repaints! Tap-Out and Glitch, namely, though I would not be opposed to more Go-Bots homage repaints (Bug Bite), and maybe even a new 'G2' Nightracer.

Reflector I actually see being a Deluxe release, in the vein of Generations Centurion who was effectively a three mini-con pack with the core gimmick of combining into one deluxe figure. That way we get the original trio of the individual bots as well as the camera.

Technically there is a Dogfight, though a Takara exclusive repaint of CW Powerglide and he has one of those obnoxious circle stickers as well.

For the tapes, though, I find the Rewind/Rumble mold good enough, it's just the animals that are shit. To the point the only thing shittier in comparison across the board is the stickers because goddamn they are horrible quality with how they disintegrate as soon as the first transformation attempts.

CW Blackjack was evidently supposed to be Runamuck but was renamed and replanned in the paint department late in the process for unknown reasons.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Bob Schoonover

News Credits:
    I would imagine, if we are (as rumored) actually getting a new mold legend Cliffjumper, that Searchlight would be a straight headswap - more color variety than Hubcap. I agree about Rollbar and Goldbug. Freeway as a third Bumblebee mold would be a little boring - maybe another option there? Wideload is problematic, but we get plenty of single-use molds in the generations line.